Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AT&T MMS/Web Settings.

Device(s)
    N8 uh 5
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Could some of the problems be related to the missing colon in the text above?

http//mmsc.cingular.com

vs

http://mmsc.cingular.com

fwiw, the above MMS settings, colon inclusive worked fine for me...new k850i today. I'm getting web feeds, and sending and receiving mms's just fine.

My internet settings were the ones that SE sent from their site, look pretty similar too. Do you suppose it makes a difference to have the elipsis '...' in the ip address settings vs. just blank? That's the only difference I see...

Device(s)
    motorola v170
    Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

mms gone

mms disapperad on monday customer service cant help whats funny is 1st rep tried to use mms on her phone and it didnt work she told me to try in afternoon maybe slow getting to me ha-ha. after 3 more people still no mms my phone was activated may 2008. i have a pantech c120 before i change anything i have to admit i am slow will this fix work for my cell

Feedback Score
    I FOUND A BIG MISTAKE IN YOUR THREAD BALDILOCKS that kept messing me up, thanks jodaxx. everythings fine except its really slow.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by USAF_ICE
    Better yet, have all the settings send automatic from SE.

https://sonyericsson.wdsglobal.com/w...mobile%20phone

This DID it for me. FANtastic

No input or manual settings. Just followed the link and voila.

This is on a 2003 phone. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU so much,

Whoever posted the link to the automatic settings from SE is.. awesome.
    Truly. Saved the day.

Device(s)
    SE c702a
    Carrier(s)
    GCI
    Feedback Score
    Link isn't working, as in page can not be displayed, not it's not working on my phone.

https://sonyericsson.wdsglobal.com/w...mobile%20phone

Setup my phone as in the first post, I can now browse the internet and I can send a picture message to an e-mail address but I am unable to send a picture message to another phone number

Any ideas?

--edit--
    I figured out that whenever I put +1 in front of the phone number the message actually leaves my outbox.... but it does not seem to arrive anywhere, I've tried a couple friends phones and myself.
    Last edited by bthornton; 08-08-2008 at 11:19 PM.

Device(s)
    SE c702a
    Carrier(s)
    GCI
    Feedback Score
    well I spent another hour ont he phone with ATT (happend to have an ATT branded nokia) so I could prove it wasn't my phone

Apparently he had to MMS=yes on my account or something even though they normally don't have to do that with ATT branded phones

*shrug* I got it to work none-the-less, thanks OP for the info

Device(s)
    apple iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    i have an unlocked lg viewty, will these settings for internet work for me too?
    iphone bum

Feedback Score
    ok guys I have a w580i with all the correct settings put in and i keep getting connection failure, i'm in a well covered edge area yet never have the e above my signal bar anymore. mms and internet used to work and I used to have the e all the time now nothing, i have soft reset, reflashed, redid settings, had the ones from se sent (which the mms settings didnt download) and nothing seems to work i really want to get my mms working again.

Device(s)
    k850i
    Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    I put in all the settings in my k850i and still wont send

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Abduction
    Guys...I desperately need help, I've tried everything listed in the FAQ, had the settings sent to me, even had someone I know at AT&T try to work on getting this to work and it fails every time.

I can get normal text messaging to work but not picture texting or the Internet:

Here are my settings:

SE S500i
    Connect using:
    MEdia Net
    Use Proxy:
    Yes
    Proxxy address:
    wireless.cingular.com
    Port Number:
    Username:
    [blank]
    Password:
    [blank]

When I try to access the web, it fails...

Picture Text Settings
    MMS profile name:
    MEdia Net
    Message Server
    http//mmsc.cingular.com
    Internet profile
    R2R WAP Profile
    Im having the same problem as the above poster....I added the colon to http//mmsc.cingular.com, and still nothing. I still cant seem to connect to the internet. Im very confused @ this point.

Device(s)
    sony ericsson s500i
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiups
    Im having the same problem as the above poster....I added the colon to http//mmsc.cingular.com, and still nothing. I still cant seem to connect to the internet. Im very confused @ this point.
    as am i. same phone too. WTH. this happened once before and i messed with things and it worked. happened again and idk what to do. s500i. annnnnd yeah all that happened was my brother upgraded his line to get the iphone and our sims were deactivated and then he gave me a new sim. WTH?

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I think there is one step that is missing for those who can't get this to work.
    I've had to do this on my old S500i and my new W760i.
    Call AT&T and tell them to update your phone's profile with the new serial. press this on your phone *#06# and this gets you a number that ATT uses to update your profile.
    I think it's because the PDA's and MMS use the same whatchamacallit, and that's how they know if your phone comes up as PDA, then you gotta buy the PDA package.

Give it a shot, just did this last night and I can now MMS with no problems.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    I've got a K850i and I'm having internet problems. Everything used to work fine, until I went to Canada. I turned off my auto email checking intervals so I wouldn't be charged the extra roaming fees. So basically for 2 days I wasn't going on the internet at all.

When I came back, the internet wasn't working anymore. I always got a connection failure message. I noticed that if I'm in an Edge area.. the internet works (but is slow, of course).. but right when I get into a 3G area, the internet doesn't work at all and the message pops up.

I've set my phone to Edge only and it works, but it's slow. Anyone know what the deal is with the 3G? I get a full signal, but internet doesn't work. When I got a website it immediatly gives me a failure message.

Device(s)
    SE c702a
    Carrier(s)
    GCI
    Feedback Score
    Colon was required for it to work for me.

Device(s)
    SE K810i
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    i switched to ATT from tmobile, been with them for about a month, i like them 3g is quick... but just wondering i have the k810i as my backup and i had sent the att settings to it for internet, wap, mms. It is quicker then tmobile's tzones, but what it is running on , its on 2100 umts and Att doesnt support that. Any thoughts?
    **side notes- i was fooling around with the fone and tied to see if i can go on to youtube, which i was able to i was up to the point where it was going to play and it just froze.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast