Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Re-map Media Net and CV buttons?

Feedback Score

Re-map Media Net and CV buttons?

I've searched and although I found many threads detailing how to re-map hard buttons, I haven't been able to find the files (short_poc, etc) in WM6. I would like to re-map the Media Net and Cellular Video buttons on my Blackjack II. I changed the home page in PIE, but the external button must be specifically directed to launch Media Net. Anyone know how to re-map these buttons?
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.

Device(s)
    Samsung BlackJack II
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Wow, no answer to this yet? With my previous Windows Mobile phones, I've always found or read about a hack of some kind for the dedicated keys hardware makers like to have, so I am really surprised (and bummed) that this one remains a mystery. I've been searching various sites for the past couple of hours, as well as doing quite a bit of registry and shortcut tweaking, but nothing's done the trick...

Feedback Score
    Me too. I found Key paths in the registry and changed the path for CV and Medianet to something else but it had no effect so I must be in the wrong area.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iJITSU
    I've searched and although I found many threads detailing how to re-map hard buttons, I haven't been able to find the files (short_poc, etc) in WM6. I would like to re-map the Media Net and Cellular Video buttons on my Blackjack II. I changed the home page in PIE, but the external button must be specifically directed to launch Media Net. Anyone know how to re-map these buttons?
    Yeah, I´m really upset about this. How does ATT dare to use TWO buttons of precious space in the keyboard for this and not letting the user to change it?...

Device(s)
    ATT Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular / ATT
    Feedback Score
    it could be like the message key on the BJ1...rename whatever shortcut you want to the media net .lnk file and same for the CV .lnk file in the start menu....

Device(s)
    Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Pressing the Media Net and Cellular Video keys appears to execute the \Windows\MediaNet.exe and \Windows\CV.exe programs. Both programs contain Unicode URLs. It ought to be possible to edit the URLs or at least replace the programs.

Device(s)
    ATT Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular / ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksblackney
    Pressing the Media Net and Cellular Video keys appears to execute the \Windows\MediaNet.exe and \Windows\CV.exe programs. Both programs contain Unicode URLs. It ought to be possible to edit the URLs or at least replace the programs.
    make a shortcut for whatever app you want, rename it to whatever the MN or CV shortcut name is in the start menu and restart. Press the button and see if it launches the app you selected...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The only thing I've found which is editable are the Fn shortcuts.

Like Fn-W normally opens MediaNet.exe. You can change the registry to where it just opens iexplore.exe.

Device(s)
    ATT Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular / ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps
    make a shortcut for whatever app you want, rename it to whatever the MN or CV shortcut name is in the start menu and restart. Press the button and see if it launches the app you selected...
    I guess no one wants to try this....this is the same way you change the BJ1 mail button shortcut...no registry editing required....

Device(s)
    Too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I files are marked read only. I tried changing the attributes, deleting and renaming and none of it worked. I always got permission errors. I tried it from Total Commander on the phone as well as through sync center, both were unsuccessful. Has anyone else tried this?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pgood
    I files are marked read only. I tried changing the attributes, deleting and renaming and none of it worked. I always got permission errors. I tried it from Total Commander on the phone as well as through sync center, both were unsuccessful. Has anyone else tried this?
    Same result here. I tried manipulating CV.exe and MediaNet.exe to no avail. Got permissions errors. I also tried to use the SDA Application Unlock to gain access, which seemed not to work either.

Device(s)
    ATT Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular / ATT
    Feedback Score
    i'm telling you...forget the .exe files...try changing the shortcuts to those files in the start menu. if it's named "cv.lnk", make a shortcut to another program, such as PIE and name it "cv.lnk" and replace the shortcut in the start menu with this "new" shortcut to PIE that is sort of mis-named...them reboot and press the button and see what happens.....

Device(s)
    Too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I did try it with the lnk file in both the start menu and windows directory locations. I received the same error messages for all files.

Feedback Score
    I've tried every permutation of the above, overwriting both the .lnk and .exe files (I save backups of each), and wasn't able to remap these keys. Very frustrating. I guess, in exchange for its $200 subsidy on the phone, ATT takes the position that it's entitled to some keyboard real estate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps
    i'm telling you...forget the .exe files...try changing the shortcuts to those files in the start menu. if it's named "cv.lnk", make a shortcut to another program, such as PIE and name it "cv.lnk" and replace the shortcut in the start menu with this "new" shortcut to PIE that is sort of mis-named...them reboot and press the button and see what happens.....
    tried it but didn't work

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast