Thread: We resigned and our bill isn't what we were told! :(

Feedback Score

Question We resigned and our bill isn't what we were told! :(

When we initially signed our three year contract (three years ago), it took six months to get our bills accurate to what the CSR told us our plans were.

We have just resigned for three years again. We have been customers for five years with "large revenue" (according to one CSR). We were told (we're in Manitoba) the plan we chose "starts at 6 pm". We were told this a number of times and not once did anyone mention there was an additional fee for starting at 6 pm.

Our first bill is totally messed up. We were charged $7 for the 6 pm start, and $129.99 less $25 for my husbands phone after he was told it would be $29.99 less $25 for a total of $4.99. So they are charging us $100 more for the phone.

My husband phoned and the CSR wouldn't budge on the $7 thing. I am very upset and feel like we were baited into signing a 3 yr contract then had the contract switched on us. The only thing we signed was something that had the "plan number" on it when we picked up the phone at the store.

I am feeling sick to my stomach at the thought of having to phone every month again for months to get my bill straight.

Is there anything we can do? Is Rogers notorious for doing this with their billing?

Thank you.

Device(s)
    Hermes 200
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear...

Manitoba? Just a question but what plans are you's on?

The Mega Promotional plans?

If you provide your plan details, I/we could provide some pointers/recommendations to deal with that part of your problem.

As for the other items, Retentions could assist.

C

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Call retentions. This CSR should have looked over your history and helped you out.

1-800-936-7283

Device(s)
    Palm Centro (black)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaynelle
    Our first bill is totally messed up. We were charged $7 for the 6 pm start
    The way that Rogers handles the 6pm evenings included in plans in Saskatchewan and (I assume) Manitoba is rather confusing. My plan, for example, is 250 daytime minutes, and unlimited evenings starting at 6pm. However, what they actually put on my account is a 150 daytime minute plan with 9pm evenings, and then two "50 bonus minutes" items, and then charge me $7 for 6pm evenings, and then credit me $7 every month. It's extremely confusing to read (and the first CSR did indeed do it wrong), but eventually it does work out to what it's supposed to be.

If there's no $7 credit appearing on your bill, then presumably the CSR who set it up for you got it wrong, as they did for me. I just called in again when I noticed that, though, and the CSR I talked to then was able to straighten everything out.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Something similar happened to me.

I called first time, they offered me a retention plan for $20 with early evening. I said I will think about it, called back, and they said it's $25 for early evening. I hung up on them, called back next day and threatened to cancel and they quickly gave me the original plan the retention person offered me.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm on the MB Promo plan myself, they charged me the $7 Nights and Weekends fee, when nights and weekends was included in the $10 price, but they gladly fixed that in one call for me
    Man gets hit by Brick Phone! Ouch!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry xxxxx
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless, duh
    Feedback Score
    There is a workaround to this I deal with it all day... there is a Discount SOC for it... one of the plans actually have a problem with the discount ... Its hard thing to explain... Hope you get me when you call!

Bottom line - it can be done
    @O_zzy

My Dream Blackberry
    Touchscreen
    Curve-Type QWERTY
    WiFi
    LTE
    GPS
    UMA
    Video Calling
    Curve Form Factor
    Running Android?

iPhone FAQ's
    LD vs Roaming, Unlim Network Calling vs. Rogers2Rogers, My5 vs Canadawide My5 etc.

Data Service Plan and Blackberry Plan Information

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone!! I'm feeling better now it was just a mistake I'm sure and it sounds like when we call again we can let the CSR know that for sure the MB Promo $10 Plan includes the evenings and weekends. The cost we were told for the phone luckily was in our file so that was able to be credited back to our account.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers &
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaynelle
    Thanks everyone!! I'm feeling better now it was just a mistake I'm sure and it sounds like when we call again we can let the CSR know that for sure the MB Promo $10 Plan includes the evenings and weekends. The cost we were told for the phone luckily was in our file so that was able to be credited back to our account.
    also if you resigned another 3 year on the $10 plan, you should get the first 4 months unlimited.