Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: HBH-DS220 Initial Review Verdict: Love it!

Device(s)
    C510a, W760i, K850i, K550i,
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T <-- Cingular <-- PacBell PCS ...
    Feedback Score
    The DS220 is almost identical to the DS200. Just black instead of silver. You can use any headphones you want with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwest905
    yeah i have hte ds200...decided against the ds220 just b/c i didn't want to use the crappy headphones that sony provides

but i do love the product =)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It supposedly has a feature that will auto-adjust the volume based on ambient noise, but no volume buttons.

The DS220/DS200 were clearly designed to be used with the phone nearby. That won't work for everyone, but it works great for me. It keeps the DS220 clutter-free.

Quote Originally Posted by jennush
    just making sure,
    there's a volume control on the ds220, right? i was never able to tell in the stock pictures.

congrats on your purchase though =)

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Personally I think its great. However, if they added volume buttons with the option to skip tracks by holding the volume would make this an amazing product.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco
    It supposedly has a feature that will auto-adjust the volume based on ambient noise, but no volume buttons.

The DS220/DS200 were clearly designed to be used with the phone nearby. That won't work for everyone, but it works great for me. It keeps the DS220 clutter-free.

Got 2 specific questions.

1> Coming from using the HBH-DS970 + K790a with the phone in my pocket ( I stand under 6') if I have the phone in my left hand and its behind my butt/back the signal cuts out. If I'm walking with my hands swaying also drops in & out. Does the DS220 exhibit the same issue? PS I have no clue if body salts is a possibility.

2> How can you Play, skip and pause music playback on your K850 if the music app is minimized?

Thanks. Also any update on the mini review on full out battery life?
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, t-mo prepaid
    Feedback Score
    that's... interesting. i wonder how well it actually works.

so i must ask... BART much? (seeing that you're from/live in the city.) care to test if you do? that'd be absolutely epic. it's not all that important, just really really curious, since i'll be BART-ing regularly next semester.

Device(s)
    SE p1i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The DS220 is almost identical to the DS200. Just black instead of silver. You can use any headphones you want with it.
    hmmm..the headphones that come with the ds200 and ds220 are different...the ds220 comes with the in ear-headphones(sub par)...while the ds200 comes with even crappier earbud headphones

anyways YES YOU CAN CONTROL THE VOLUME. JUST HOLD DOWN THE play/pause button it will gradually go up and down.....u let go when u find the right volume

Device(s)
    Xperia Mini Pro (SK17a)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    ... Yes! you can definitely use it while charging it at the same time.
    Very cool!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Good to know about the volume control!

regarding headphones, at least with the DS220/DS200 you can use any headphones you want. That was the main reason I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwest905
    hmmm..the headphones that come with the ds200 and ds220 are different...the ds220 comes with the in ear-headphones(sub par)...while the ds200 comes with even crappier earbud headphones

anyways YES YOU CAN CONTROL THE VOLUME. JUST HOLD DOWN THE play/pause button it will gradually go up and down.....u let go when u find the right volume

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prom1

1> Coming from using the HBH-DS970 + K790a with the phone in my pocket ( I stand under 6') if I have the phone in my left hand and its behind my butt/back the signal cuts out. If I'm walking with my hands swaying also drops in & out. Does the DS220 exhibit the same issue? PS I have no clue if body salts is a possibility.

2> How can you Play, skip and pause music playback on your K850 if the music app is minimized?

1) I have held my phone in my hands, had it in my pocket and i have yet to hear any skipping. For myself it is just as good as the hpm 70's (the one that comes with the w810).

2) With my k790 you could skip tracks by just holding one of the volume/zoom buttons. Not sure if it is the same with the 850.

Device(s)
    Progressive Black W995a
    Carrier(s)
    PacBell/Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Do you guys get like a 1 sec. or a 1/2 sec. delay at the start of the song when you skip tracks?

P L E A S E D O N O T C L I C K O N T H E I M A G E A B O V E !

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    No delay at all. I hear the absolute beginning of the song when skipping tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by randomtask77
    Do you guys get like a 1 sec. or a 1/2 sec. delay at the start of the song when you skip tracks?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    1> No cut outs at all. I am actually really amazed at the bluetooth coverage this thing has. It probably is the best bluetooth handsfree device I have ever used, in terms of coverage.

2> As mentioned, holding down the volume buttons for about 2 seconds will skip tracks, even if the keylock has engaged.

Just have to re-emphasize how light-weight this thing is. My typical wearing pattern is to clip the unit to my collar. I almost forget I am wearing it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Almost forgot that last question. Been using it for about 5 hours of off/on use. Display is showing 2 bars still.

...Also any update on the mini review on full out battery life?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G in white
    Feedback Score
    sorry about thread jacking, but I've seen these on eBay in RED. Are those legit? I've only seen black ones on overseas's SonyStyle website. thanks for the help

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I think they may be legit. It's possible they are made to match the 'hearty red' W910.

Quote Originally Posted by O'BlueTouring
    sorry about thread jacking, but I've seen these on eBay in RED. Are those legit? I've only seen black ones on overseas's SonyStyle website. thanks for the help

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast