Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Step-by-step: Bypass Java security on Rogers LG Shine (TU720)

Device(s)
    LG Shine TU720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by h4waii
    Well, I could do that, but what would you learn? Or I could give you vague instructions of how to use Google to look up information that you need to, and in the end you will benefit in the grand scheme.

Try querying "LG Shine Install a JAR" (what an obvious thing to search for) and looking at the 4th link. The KE970 and TU720 are practically the same. You might need to make a few other modifications within BitPim to unlock Application installation. You're on HoFo (not to mention the internet), there's a wealth of information at your finger tips.

Go now, Young Jedi.

dood dun b a prick if u dunno what the real issue is
    this technique does not work for the TU720... obviously if u do own this phone u'll find out alot of the stuff u can do for KE970 doesnt work for TU720.. hence everyone was fussing over getting mp3 ringtones

but yea.. it'd b great if we can install jar. app cux i dun have a data plan

Device(s)
    Lg TU720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by denyfate
    i have a question about google map mobile
    does it load the map offline, or does it have to connect to the net inorder to load maps?

also.. to install do u just follow the KE970 instructions after bypassing the java (e.g. there will b an option to install when u click "option").. so this mean it will work for games too rite?

also by reinstalling app... do u mean even the built in ones like rogers vision and such

thx a bunch

first of all this is all from what i know so far about this phone, and i'm pretty newbie with this phone stuff

1- i think google map needs to be connected to the internet
    2-ke970 instructions doesn'T work, basicly we need the install option available
    3-the rogers apps won't be deleted if you do this , you just need to reinstall the apps other than the rogers ones

Device(s)
    LG Shine TU720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD82
    first of all this is all from what i know so far about this phone, and i'm pretty newbie with this phone stuff

1- i think google map needs to be connected to the internet
    2-ke970 instructions doesn'T work, basicly we need the install option available
    3-the rogers apps won't be deleted if you do this , you just need to reinstall the apps other than the rogers ones
    yea.. i tried it out and then i figured this only works over mobile internet
    wonder if windson will figure out how to install jar. applications from PC to phone

Feedback Score
    I have the same issue with the ATT version of the shine (CU720), no install option. Hopefully someone figures out how to implement it.

Device(s)
    LG Shine (TU720)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I just got a LG TU720 (First phone ever) and so I've been trying to put apps/games on it. I did exactly what windsorsean posted to do (I got ringtones working) but I cannot install apps/games. Where is the option to "install" supposed to be after I change the rogers.pol file?
    Any input is much appreciated.

Device(s)
    LG Shine TU720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingCajun
    I just got a LG TU720 (First phone ever) and so I've been trying to put apps/games on it. I did exactly what windsorsean posted to do (I got ringtones working) but I cannot install apps/games. Where is the option to "install" supposed to be after I change the rogers.pol file?
    Any input is much appreciated.
    the way windsor explained only works when u download files off the net using the phone..
    i assume ur trying to install apps downloading from pc to ur phone.. and that doesnt work yet =)

but we still love u windsor

Device(s)
    LG TU720 Shine
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    As for installing applications without using the web, I still can't figure out exactly how to do it. It looks like the primary list of installed applications is stored in a binary database file, and hacking that file is beyond me.

There is a kind of workaround but I'm not sure how useful this is. First you have to install an application via the web. Once it's installed, you can replace the .jar file and modify the .jad file to replace the downloaded app with one of your choice. I know this doesn't really help much.

One tip if you do want to modify the .jar/.jad files, copy the application to the memory card first. Then you can stick the memory card in a computer and edit it that way.

I'm giving up on this one I'm afraid, I've done all I can.

Device(s)
    LG Shine TU720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by windsorsean
    As for installing applications without using the web, I still can't figure out exactly how to do it. It looks like the primary list of installed applications is stored in a binary database file, and hacking that file is beyond me.

There is a kind of workaround but I'm not sure how useful this is. First you have to install an application via the web. Once it's installed, you can replace the .jar file and modify the .jad file to replace the downloaded app with one of your choice. I know this doesn't really help much.

One tip if you do want to modify the .jar/.jad files, copy the application to the memory card first. Then you can stick the memory card in a computer and edit it that way.

I'm giving up on this one I'm afraid, I've done all I can.
    we still love u hahhaa

Device(s)
    LG Shine TU720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thank you again!! You made an earlier post for adding custom ringtones and now for bypassing Java security. You help many peoples!!

Feedback Score
    GoogleMaps worked for me. Then I downloaded a newer version that became available and it started behaving as you described, won't start. I'm pretty sure this is a google issue, since they warned when I downloaded that it wasn't sure it would work the device. I'll just keep checking back with them.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Are there any more recommended apps? I have installed Opera and GMail, I have no use for google maps so I was wondering if theres anything else out there that is useful

Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    just wondering does bypassing this java gives u the oppertunities to use ringtone over 300kb..

Seriously 300kb is nothing for a ringtone, either is like 8 seconds long or the quality is at 96...
    GSM HISTORY

LG : TU720 Shine
    Sony Ericsson : K800,Z710 K750, K700, S700, T610, T600, T68i, T68, T39, T28, T200, T18z
    Motorola : V3i, L2, L7, V3, E1, V80, V180, T720, V70, v60, v66, T260
    Nokia : 7210, 8890, 8390, 3390, 5190,
    Samsung : D500, S308
    Panasonic : Gd-55, G-50,
    Siemens : C65, SL55, M55, S40
    Others : Tcc-Q285, Nec E525, Inno-55, Inno-90, Chocolate

Phone I pay the $$$$
    a) Motorola V70 @ $650cdn
    b) Sony Ericsson T68i @ $600cdn

Device(s)
    LG Shine TU720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aah_tree
    just wondering does bypassing this java gives u the oppertunities to use ringtone over 300kb..

Seriously 300kb is nothing for a ringtone, either is like 8 seconds long or the quality is at 96...
    someone posted a dat editor that will allow us to change the size of the ringtone files.. i havnt had the time to look into that cux im doing exams.. ill give it a try after exams
    but think about it.. internal space is 20mb.. if we put full quality full song in... we can prob fit up to 4-5 songs lolz........

Feedback Score
    i dont understand 17
    # Delete everything under that header (but leave the header alone), and replace it with everything copied from the section "domain: C=CA;O=Rogers Wireless;CN=Rogers Wireless Test Root CA"

Which section are you talking about?

Device(s)
    LG Shine TU720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Sweet! This worked perfect for me. Thanks a bunch windsorsean

@ fordtuff
    Copy all the stuff under the second last domain, anything under these words "domain: C=CA;O=Rogers Wireless;CN=Rogers Wireless Test Root CA"
    there should be 10 allow statements, and paste them under the "domain: untrusted" section

hope it works for you!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast