Thread: NSS Scan Error, Please help N95 issue

Feedback Score

NSS Scan Error, Please help N95 issue

Hi when i connect my phone and run NSS to change the product code on my N95-1 i first click on the magnify glass and then the "phone info" tab, i then click on SCAN and i get an error message at the bottom "Scan for product...Error!" what can i do to fix it?? I am using my work computer (without installing the drivers for the N95) WinXP sp2.

Checking Framework...Done.
    ->..pdginterfc.dll version: 1.0.479
    ->....pdg4fbus.dll version: 1.0.1641
    ->....pdg4mbus.dll version: 1.0.106
    ->.....pdg4fls.dll version: 1.0.1164
    ->....pdg4flsc.dll version: 1.0.0.58
    ->pdgphonebook.dll version: 1.0.189
    ->.bb5usbflash.dll version: 1.0.0.42
    Reading Virtual USB device...Done.
    ->Serial: 49243210, HW: 0.0
    Testing Interfaces...
    ->USB DKU2....Supported.
    ->USB CA-53...Supported.
    Testing Directories...
    ->DCT4 Loaders Dir('Flash')......Found.
    -->0 file(s) found.
    -->Please copy the loaders first!
    ->ADSP Loaders Dir('FlashUsb')...Found.
    -->0 file(s) found.
    ->DCT3 Loaders Dir('fls1sup')....Found.
    -->0 file(s) found.
    ->Products Dir('products').......Not Found.

do i have to instal the drivers for my phone ( i would rather not on my work computer)

thanks

Feedback Score
    btw i do not have PC Suite installed and when installing NSS i selected Virtual USB Drive.

between EWR, JFK and LGA - on the plane that is...
    Device(s)
    S60
    Carrier(s)
    GSM
    Feedback Score
    I have PC suite and NSS 1.0.38.12 - no problems - check your NSS version

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a780
    I have PC suite and NSS 1.0.38.12 - no problems - check your NSS version

i have the same version of NSS as you. i downloaded it from their site. I do not have PC Suite installed on this computer.

on my home computer i have PC Suite installed and when i click the magnify glass nothing happens. no information pops up.

Feedback Score
    You do realise that when you hook your phone up to NSS you have to select PC Suite mode on the phone, I didn't and got the same error as you. Once I selected the PC Suite mode on the phone all went well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolvdub
    You do realise that when you hook your phone up to NSS you have to select PC Suite mode on the phone, I didn't and got the same error as you. Once I selected the PC Suite mode on the phone all went well.

On my computer at home i had the newest NSS installed with PC Suite that was available back in august 2007. when i tried with NSS the phone would not be recognized.... so i took my usb cable and tried it on my work computer with no Nokia drivers or PC Suite installed. the phone was recognized but i got the Scan error message. I tried in all modes (pc suite, data transfer etc) and got nothing... so installed PC Suite (newest verison Nov 28, 2007) and i was able to change my product code.

I am going have to download the firmware when i get home from work which shouldnt be a problem as i just downloaded v12 last week.

kinda off topic - my friend has a locked/branded Nokia 6300. Can he also look for a different product code and use NSS and the Nokia Software updater to unlock his phone??

thanks