Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best alternative to n95?

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Feedback Score

Best alternative to n95?

Whats the latest phones from all manufacturers that rival the Nokia n95?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    n82
    k850i

thats all i can think of atm

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Feedback Score

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisj268
    n82
    k850i

thats all i can think of atm
    ThanksAny other suggestions please?

Device(s)
    CX65
    Feedback Score
    K850i is the real rival to N95~
    I‘d love to make friends of all !
    My MSN and Yahoo! is waiting for you~~

Device(s)
    HTC HD2, Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smoochysquirrel
    Whats the latest phones from all manufacturers that rival the Nokia n95?
    Thanks
    In terms of what? The ones mentioned above are good subsitutes. But if you're talking about close to do-it-all phones like the N95, there's the HTC Kaiser II.

DON'T CLICK HERE!

LF: SE W610i, K550i, W810i
    FS: SE K810i

Device(s)
    Samsung i9300 Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray.C
    K850i is the real rival to N95~
    Not really... it's not a smart phone, it doesn't have wifi or GPS. It's in a different category. It rivals phones such as the G600.
    My Feedback(22)

Past Phones:
    Moto: V60i, V220, V300, V400, SLVR L7, V3i
    Nokia: 3360, 3595, 6230, 6230i, 7610, N80, N73, N82, N93i
    Samsung: X426, E316, D600, D900, Galaxy S i9000M (x2), i9100 Galaxy S2 (black)
    Sharp: 903sh (white)(x2), SH905i (white), SH906i (white)
    Sony Ericsson: Z500a, T616(x2), T637, S700i, S710a, V800, V802, K700i, K750i(x3), K800i, W800i, W810i(x3), W900i
    Siemens: S40
    Apple: iPhone 3GS (white)(x2), iPhone 4S (white), iPhone 5 (white)

Device(s)
    HTC HD2, Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peryus88
    In terms of what? The ones mentioned above are good subsitutes. But if you're talking about close to do-it-all phones like the N95, there's the HTC Kaiser II.
    Woops, I meant TyTN II.

I also agree with Havo. Just because the K850i has a 5MP camera, doesn't mean it is a rival to that of the N95.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    how about the viewty? Though i don't know if its quadband for the usa. Also the nokia n82 is equal to the n95 with better xenon flash. The sony phones are not smartphones if that matters to you. The htc phones don't have as good cameras i don't think. And they run windows mobile touchscreen which i don't think is as easy to use one handed as a phone. Nokia n95 is the perfect size and super easy to use one handed without looking at the phone like when driving in your car. N95 really is the best phone to use as a phone while still being a smartphone.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    how about the viewty? Though i don't know if its quadband for the usa. Also the nokia n82 is equal to the n95 with better xenon flash. The sony phones are not smartphones if that matters to you. The htc phones don't have as good cameras i don't think. And they run windows mobile touchscreen which i don't think is as easy to use one handed as a phone. Nokia n95 is the perfect size and super easy to use one handed without looking at the phone like when driving in your car. N95 really is the best phone to use as a phone while still being a smartphone.
    I suppose the n95 is best but why cannot they make a better battery in this day and age??

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    the battery in the n95-3 is 1200 mAh. not sure how much better you want? yes its easy to kill it, but at least they increased it from the horrible original 950mAh battery. not too many phones come with something bigger than the 1200. iphone is 1230 i think. the problem is anything bigger adds significant weight to the device. battery technology has not had any major breakthroughs while electronics has been sky rocketing. no way around it. until we have mini fuel cell batteries, we are stuck with chemical ones. the most recent firmware update to the original n95 introduced dynamic voltage something or other which greatly increased battery life. and demand paging is much quicker memory management. the n95-3 should be getting this same update very soon. once that happens, the device is complete and i wont be needing anything else for a while. sorry you will either have to force the phone to gsm if you want awesome battery life, or accept that 3G uses more battery power. faster data means that power has to come from somewhere. reduced battery life is what we are left with. FYI just using my phone for making calls, my n95 can easily go 2-3 days. start using data and it will last 1 full day. no way around it, for power users, this device is a charge everynight device. but considering what it can do, its a blip on the radar and easily an acceptable tradeoff.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    to me it seems like this

K850 - fewest features, easiest to use
    N95-3 - more features, not as easy to use (lag, and I don't like sliders)
    TyTn II - just about any feature you could want, but a big hit in the camera section, not easy to use, Windows Mobile sucks, very hard to use one handed

I have all 3 and after using them each for a while, mostly the N95-3 and K850, didn't take me long to know I didn't like WM, I've decided on the K850
    You lose WiFi and GPS, but not a big deal because 3G is plenty fast enough for anything I need to do and having to pick what you want to connect with everytime is a PITA. GPS was virtually unusable for me on the N95-3 and little more than a gimmick. Takes forever to get a lock from the satellite. Biggest thing I would say is the K850 doesn't take VGA video or have a PDF viewer. However, the camera interface is a lot faster, so you have a better chance of catching the quick picture which is the whole purpose of a camera phone IMO. How often do you need to record impromptu video? I'll just bring my canon. The PDF viewer would be nice, but again, how often would I use it? Not very often.
    Really it comes down to this. The N95 can do more, but the K850 does the things I do all the time better. Small things like when texting, the K850 (and all SE phones) give you a list of recently used contacts so you don't have to scroll all the way down to that person. Also, something I though was really dumb on the N95, when you goto reply to a text and the first option is call and you have to go down one to the second option which is reply. Another thing is the predictive text, on the K850 hitting up or down on the dpad lets you scroll through all the words it comes up, where as on the N95, you have to hit * and can only go one way (as far as I know) so if you miss the word you want, you have to go all the way through again. The N95 keypad is nicer though.
    One more thing is it seems the K850 battery life is better. And the menu system seems more logically organized, but that may be somewhat due to the fact that I had a W810 for about a year.
    I think my dream phone would be the W890 with US 3G and autofocus for the camera, or just 3G, but until then, I think the K850 is where it's at for me.

One last thing - it sounds like the N82 would be another possible option, but no 3G for the US = no contest vs the N95-3.

Now to sell off all my extra - N95-3, AT&T Tilt, iPhone, Razr2, K790a

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    the only thing i can comment on is that i dont get how anyone can think the n95-3 lags. you say you have it, so i believe you. but mine seems super fast to me.

and on the n95 predictive text, if you pass a word there is a previous button which goes right back to the word that was just passed. everything else i agree with mostly. i think the nokia is very usable and the menu only takes 2 days to learn, then its just like any other phone, except you get a plethora of options and features. again it comes down to smartphone vs standard phone whatever you need.

Device(s)
    iphone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    hey, this is a nice comparison of the n95 and k850i

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/mobilep...2030610,00.htm

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    the only thing i can comment on is that i dont get how anyone can think the n95-3 lags. you say you have it, so i believe you. but mine seems super fast to me.

and on the n95 predictive text, if you pass a word there is a previous button which goes right back to the word that was just passed. everything else i agree with mostly. i think the nokia is very usable and the menu only takes 2 days to learn, then its just like any other phone, except you get a plethora of options and features. again it comes down to smartphone vs standard phone whatever you need.
    what button?
    and it's not bad, just small hiccups, not always instantaneous like a regular phone
    I used the N95-3 for about 3 weeks, just not for me I guess. I'm not interested in installing a bunch of programs and stuff on my phone or features I'm only going to use once a month. I just want it to do the basics (phone, texting, internet browsing) well.
    One of the biggest difference where the N95-3 lags crazy is viewing pictures. I couldn't believe how the top of line super phone had such a delay when scrolling through the gallery. I posted videos on youtube under ace7733 if you want to see what I'm talking about. My brother's K550 and the K850 have no delay whatsoever.
    And I'm not bashing the N95, it's a great phone and a great alternative to windows mobile smartphones. I like it better than any other phone I've used except the K850.

I didn't like the exposed lens cover on the N95-3, I was afraid of it getting scratched up or something. Since I thought I might be selling it later, I just left the factory protector on the whole time. The K850 has the advantage here.

One more thing, I'm sure there is something like this for the N95, but the TrackID thing my K850 came with is awesome and something I can see myself using on a regular basis - I'm always in the car trying to write down words to a song to look up later.

Device(s)
    Don't worry about it. I've used everything.
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, you can install ShazamID on S60 devices now that works just like trackID.

When texting, if you want to move backwards in the list, the upper right selection key becomes the "Previous" button.

And why would you ever scroll through a list of contacts for text messages or otherwise? You can type the first couple letters of your contact's name and it will automatically jump to that entry and when sending a text message, S60 will auto complete the To: field if you type in those same couple letters. It doesn't have a recent list, but that doesn't mean it's not intuitive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast