Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Looks like at&t is taking VZW's cue now..

Device(s)
    Droid BIONIC
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Looks like at&t is taking VZW's cue now..

Just read this over in the Agent/Employee forum of pending new plans.

i JUST heard that the pda plans will no longer be unlimited but will be capped at 5 gigs

users will not be billed overages but people with constant overages will be contacted to try to reassess the users needs

whoa
    The new plans are nationwide so I'm not going to disclose my market but they are getting rid of the media bundles and M2M messaging. Text and data is now separate. PDA plans will be lowered to 30 bucks to match blackberry personal and media net unlimited is lowered to $15 bucks. These plans will be live in a few weeks. Older plans will be grandfathered as always.
    5 bucks for 200 messages..15 bucks for 1500 messages, 20 bucks for individual unlim, 30 bucks for fam unlim...
    Sorry-I meant, other than Media Net for $15 (down from $20), basically, it sounds like it's a choice between $15 and $35 for unlimited internet on your phone-the difference being unlimited everything vs. unlimited internet/no texting.
    Sound familiar?

((This is not an attempt to flame at&t, honest))

Device(s)
    Android/Linux
    Feedback Score
    Makes sense to cap bandwidth before the influx of android phones.

Device(s)
    LG Rumor
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cingular) ----->
    Feedback Score
    So unlimited internet + txting is $35 as a bundle? Or you have to purchase $20 Unlim Txt + $15 Unlim internet?

Thats not a bad price for both of them TBH

Carrier(s)
    Slaved to Verizon because of INCalling & my family plan :)
    Feedback Score
    The good news is that it's probable that if AT&T is lowering pda rates to $30 that Verizon will follow with some sort of a price decrease as well which would be very nice.

Feedback Score
    I was under the impression that voice and data were billed separately on AT&T since a long time ago--basically VZW was the last one to make the switch to the more "proper" way of billing. Also, the messaging packages also seem like something that AT&T had before (although possibly some of them might have gotten recently added or repriced a bit).

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by pamela80
    The good news is that it's probable that if AT&T is lowering pda rates to $30 that Verizon will follow with some sort of a price decrease as well which would be very nice.
    Hot damn. I was just thinking the same thing!
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.

Device(s)
    Droid BIONIC
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade DM
    I was under the impression that voice and data were billed separately on AT&T since a long time ago--basically VZW was the last one to make the switch to the more "proper" way of billing. Also, the messaging packages also seem like something that AT&T had before (although possibly some of them might have gotten recently added or repriced a bit).
    Wrong. For awhile texting was automatically bundled into data. Only now are they making them separate entities.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbo298
    Wrong. For awhile texting was automatically bundled into data. Only now are they making them separate entities.
    Ah, yes, the bundling might have been it.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    while these prices are 5 dollars cheaper than what we pay now, i'm not sure to be hapy or upset. i never hit 5GB a month, unless i start using slingplayer. but why would ATT need to impose this 5GB soft limit? i doubt most users get even close to that. and the small percentage of users that DO, why not deal with those account individually? unlimited is unlimited!
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    N75
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Unbundling is good

Calling something "unlimited" when it isn't is bad.

From a price perspective, this will lower my costs, because I use close to a gig monthly. This might increase if I get more intro streaming, though I expect I'll still probably be close to the 5 GB.

Just call it 5GB for $15 and save yourself and your customers a world of aggravation, ATT!!!

Device(s)
    Droid BIONIC
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    From what I've seen of the internal documents engadget mobile posted, at&t won't be calling it unlimited when the changes occur. It'll be certain to tell people of the 5gb "soft cap"

Carrier(s)
    Slaved to Verizon because of INCalling & my family plan :)
    Feedback Score
    I had the Pearl for a short while but returned it after finding out you couldn't download anything over 2.8MB on any bb/pda phone, it made the data usage useless and not worth the price for me, they really need to get rid of that, especially if they have a 5GB cap now, you should be able to use the 5GB cap any way you want to.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela80
    I had the Pearl for a short while but returned it after finding out you couldn't download anything over 2.8MB on any bb/pda phone, it made the data usage useless and not worth the price for me, they really need to get rid of that, especially if they have a 5GB cap now, you should be able to use the 5GB cap any way you want to.
    maybe that is a restriction of att branded phones. i downloaded a 100MB file last week over ATT. but the phone was unlocked/unbranded.

Device(s)
    MOTO LG8300
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    My big problem with how these companies are advertising it as "broadband access" which is broadband in name only. When they start restricting the bandwidth amount, then its no longer "broadband access". Its then virtually dialup. So they are in effect preventing you from using it as "broadband access", which in my opinion is false advertising! In addition, who in this time in history only uses their internet for email?

Today, everyone expects to be able to fully use the internet which includes things like gaming, video, etc. Almost every game I buy now requires that you connect to the internet to play them! Years ago when I had dialup, I would try to download big video files overnight to be able to watch them the next day.

Ive already lodged complaints with my states PRC and the FCC on this issue. Its churning through the slow government circles now. I got a stupid letter from verizon saying that they do it to "protect their network". This is a bunch of BS! I just wish someone would put a class action lawsuit against them for this false advertising! I would join it in a second!
    Cellular phones and service has been my life for past 12 years... I have heard almost all the customer questions including "How does a HOME phone work?"

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm2 9550
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob2000
    My big problem with how these companies are advertising it as "broadband access" which is broadband in name only. When they start restricting the bandwidth amount, then its no longer "broadband access". Its then virtually dialup. So they are in effect preventing you from using it as "broadband access", which in my opinion is false advertising! In addition, who in this time in history only uses their internet for email?
    You're accessing broadband with it aren't you? They don't advertise it as Unlimited Broadband Access for a reason.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast