Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Is it possible to be fired and still be rehired by Verizon?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    78
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6101
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Is it possible to be fired and still be rehired by Verizon?

    My whole cc location (3 sales reps) got terminated because of some b/s circuit city rep snitching on us about taking free beverages from the beverage door (just to make $200). No one saw us on camera but cc asked us and we told them what we did.

    Anyway 1 of the reps that got terminated is non-rehire able apparently for supposedly stealing merchandise. Me along with another rep are rehire able because we didn't take merchandise only water and beverages.

    Anyway I talked to hr upon my termination and she said I was rehire able, but it goes through the managers. I was told that I can work at a store but I probably wouldn't be able to work at cc anymore. Upon doing my application I got an email saying my application would be reviewed by hr though.

    I applied, wrote what I did on the application and actually passed the initial screening and would be contacted within a week to 10 days after completing the assessment. I completed the assessment and was not contacted. Is it safe to say that I wont be re hired.

    I heard a manager say that it would be saving verizon money on training if I was rehired and I could be rehired since I didn't to anything directly to verizon which terminated my employment. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,035
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would look at another company. I can't imagine that you get fired for stealing and then get rehired, even if you were stealing from CC.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dearborn
    Posts
    34
    Device(s)
    Motorola RIZR z6tv
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartScott
    My whole cc location (3 sales reps) got terminated because of some b/s circuit city rep snitching on us about taking free beverages from the beverage door (just to make $200). No one saw us on camera but cc asked us and we told them what we did.
    Someday you will understand that stealing is wrong.

    Why didn't you just pay for the beverages? Do you walk into 7-11 and start grazing on whatever you want without paying?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    78
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6101
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The 12th Imam
    Someday you will understand that stealing is wrong.

    Why didn't you just pay for the beverages? Do you walk into 7-11 and start grazing on whatever you want without paying?
    I don't really need any criticism on what I did being wrong or not. I'm fully aware of what I did and I know it was wrong. No excuses from me. I just need insight on if I'm re hirable. I don't think I am but I keep having people tell me to talk to the connections I made with the company, maybe they'll put in a good word for me which I doubt. Thanks anyway.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,697
    Device(s)
    HTC EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Technically, you have rehire status but once a manager or someone in HR looks at your personnel file, they won't even return your calls.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,990
    Feedback Score
    0
    yup, bottom line is you're only technically re-hireable. Unless you're buddies with a manager somewhere, your application is going to go to the bottom of a mile high stack of brand new applicants.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dearborn
    Posts
    34
    Device(s)
    Motorola RIZR z6tv
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartScott
    I don't really need any criticism on what I did being wrong or not. I'm fully aware of what I did and I know it was wrong. No excuses from me.
    You sound much more repentant now than you did in the original post. I think we're making progress.

    I just need insight on if I'm re hirable.
    Actually, you're quite lucky you were not prosecuted, because it's hard to get hired anywhere with a criminal record. Retail stores have very little tolerance for this sort of thing and they usually like to make examples of the people they catch.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    561
    Device(s)
    The New Hotness
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes you can be re-hired by VZW.

    I know of one employee that was let go under very unpleasant circumstances and was then re-hired a few years later (by a different Mgr within the same area).

    It does and can happen but is very rare.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    78
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6101
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for the responses fellas. LOL, there's actually going to be a career fair down the street from my house at the call center on wednesday so I'm going to go to that with my resume and dressed sharp. Hopefully they understand what I did was a one time thing and I'm ready to start over.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    78
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6101
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The 12th Imam

    Actually, you're quite lucky you were not prosecuted, because it's hard to get hired anywhere with a criminal record. Retail stores have very little tolerance for this sort of thing and they usually like to make examples of the people they catch.
    The rep that stole merchandise was prosecuted by circuit city. What we did was not even close to a felony. I was told later on that I shouldn't have said I took anything since it was just heresay and most likely not on camera. Guess we were just trying to do the right thing. They were actually asking us how much we stole and tried to get me to admit to stealing merchandise. I know he didn't see me on camera when he was trying to get me to admit to taking merchandise because I never took merchandise.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dearborn
    Posts
    34
    Device(s)
    Motorola RIZR z6tv
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartScott
    What we did was not even close to a felony. I was told later on that I shouldn't have said I took anything since it was just heresay and most likely not on camera.
    Spin it whatever way you want, but stealing is stealing. Even if it's a relatively inexpensive item.

    Everything for sale in the store is considered "merchandise."

    It sounds like you haven't learned your lesson yet. Maybe they should have taken you downtown to teach you that actions have consequences.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    78
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6101
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The 12th Imam
    Spin it whatever way you want, but stealing is stealing. Even if it's a relatively inexpensive item.

    Everything for sale in the store is considered "merchandise."

    It sounds like you haven't learned your lesson yet. Maybe they should have taken you downtown to teach you that actions have consequences.
    What's your problem? Why do you feel the need to come down on me? You got some insecurity issues with yourself? Get off my case.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dearborn
    Posts
    34
    Device(s)
    Motorola RIZR z6tv
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartScott
    Why do you feel the need to come down on me?
    You've got a lot of nerve STEALING from your employer, and then complaining that you got caught for it.

    You should be apologizing to the rest of us for driving prices up through the roof.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,484
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4 | Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T | Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    I wonder if anyone that was deemed as a non rehire has ever gotten rehired years down the road or something like that...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    78
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6101
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    So I went to the job fair but unfortunately it was for customer service. It seems like the perception is when you're terminated they automatically assume you're non rehireable. The guy said that since I got terminated I wasn't rehireable, then I told him that human resources said I was and then he seemed surprised, then he asked me if I was interested in customer service. I said no, that I want to be in retail sales and he told me the job fair was for only customer service reps.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks