Thread: Quick not about 3's free SKYPE

Feedback Score

Quick not about 3's free SKYPE

Whats actually free is the phone, if you take out a contract or upgrade.

If you are a PAYG customer, you MUST put £15 of talk time a month on the phone to allow SKYPE.
    Pay monthly customers have to get an X-Series addon. Cheapest is silver for £5 an month but that give you 1GB of data a month as well.

They also say UNLIMITED SKYPE, which is actually a lie. Its subject to a "Fair Use Policy". I'm used to these being a boundry that if you keep crossing will trigger a response. This FUP is a hard limit, your access will be stopped if you go over.
    For Skype this this 5000 minutes (roughtly 2 hours a day) and 100000 skype messages.
    Its not too bad but still a cheek as its not Unlimited SKYPE

The service works quite well. The skypephone shows skype ids in the phones contact list and even has an icon that shows at a glance if ther persons client is on. Call quality is a little lower than GSM but not too bad. There is a slight delay but you get used to it.

Its a good service, lets just see if its worth the extra £5!

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    It is true that the so called 'unlimited use' of SKYPE is subjected to fair use policy. There is no such thing as 'unlimited' in the context of 3. They are crafty. However, I think the skype minutes is still sufficient for your monthly usage, right? I think they will not disturb your use of skype unless it is being used too much. I am not sure about it but I have tried using skype for some time now and it works for me. So far no problem at all.
    Anyway, I will not sign up with 3 after I have completed the 18 months contract. I would rather for for Vodafone instead.

Device(s)
    Samsung Facinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hey maybe you would know is the Sype phone from 3 tri band or quad? Niether the 3 nor skype site have this info listed.

Device(s)
    Samsung pixon
    Carrier(s)
    Orange 3g,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smartinez580
    Hey maybe you would know is the Sype phone from 3 tri band or quad? Niether the 3 nor skype site have this info listed.
    Its dual band, however they do some payg phones that are tri/ quad band so you can buy one of them and stick the usim in and set up skype...as far as i know using skype on a three phone is free even on roaming!

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Yes, using skype phone is free on roaming on 3 partner's network like 3 Australia, 3 HK and 3 Austria.

Device(s)
    Samsung pixon
    Carrier(s)
    Orange 3g,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericke
    Yes, using skype phone is free on roaming on 3 partner's network like 3 Australia, 3 HK and 3 Austria.

oops forgot to add that...thanks for that!

Device(s)
    Nokia 6288
    Carrier(s)
    Hutchinson 3G
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smartinez580
    Does the three site ever have anything useful listed?

Device(s)
    Samsung pixon
    Carrier(s)
    Orange 3g,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johngreenwood
    Does the three site ever have anything useful listed?

It does from time to time....the phone is quite well made and i admit feels quite good in the hand (solid and firm) the £10. per 30 days is to keep the skype active...though you do not 'eat into the money, you can still use it for texts, calls etc.....

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K810i
    Carrier(s)
    o2 UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericke
    It is true that the so called 'unlimited use' of SKYPE is subjected to fair use policy. There is no such thing as 'unlimited' in the context of 3. They are crafty.
    To be fair to 3 though, usually, if you read the small-print, whether it's for mobile usage, or broadband data limits, whatever the provider/carrier, practically all have a "fair usage" clause built in. It simply would be uneconomic and put a massive strain on their servers and infrastructure if everyone with 'unlimited' data transfer or whatever really did take unlimited to the extreme and used it constantly.

Device(s)
    Samsung pixon
    Carrier(s)
    Orange 3g,
    Feedback Score
    they have updated there offer....£10 now lasts 90 days for skype that is.....

Device(s)
    Vario III
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile -UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkav
    they have updated there offer....£10 now lasts 90 days for skype that is.....

And you can use that £10 to pay for calls... etc. So skype itself doesn't cost you anything.
    You'd have thought someone would of put a sig here...

Device(s)
    Samsung pixon
    Carrier(s)
    Orange 3g,
    Feedback Score
    yes...thats right...you get to use the £10. credit on whatever ya want...text's, downloads........