Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: i335 and ringtones uncompatible w/ its software

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score

Exclamation i335 and ringtones uncompatible w/ its software

anyone have a clue as to what kinds of ringtones are compatible w/ the software of a i335? everything it try to get from sprint/nextel says it's uncompatiable.

my soft ver is: R7F.00.03

Device(s)
    i580
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    yeah I just found out that the i335 has crappy support for music ringtones. I don't understand why they did that. I would of gladly paid more for this phone if it had better features. I'm on the hunt for help myself.

dishsoap1

Device(s)
    palm treo 700p
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    i dont know what version mine is but i have only had for like 3 days. the only ringtones i could get to work were the wav format. used webjal and they sound good. not great but good.

Device(s)
    i580
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I downloaded MY Jal but haven't tried to make a ringtone. So, do you just upload a song to it, chop it down how you want it and then just send it to your phone? How long can a file be and your saying save it as a .wav? If you can, lend me some advice.

Also, I did call Nextel and they said that since this is a new phone and different software then old nextels, that the ringtone companies need to resubmit their ringtones for the new phone. She also said that, the current music ringtones that are out are only from one company. She said just give it a few weeks and other companies should get theirs online. The reason there are so many polyphonic ringtones are because she said they are universal to most phones. So if she is correct, we should be able to one day soon, get ringtones like normal. She said it has been like that in the past for other phones. But, if she is wrong, I want to know how to use this program.

Tim
    dishsoap1

Device(s)
    palm treo 700p
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    i have downloaded a few ringers from nextpimp.com and loaded them on my phone using webjal and they work just fine

Feedback Score
    I've done the ringtone using the dbAMp and *****, worked fine following the advise in other thread.

Don't know how to do wallpaper yet, same as what you were getting.

NE1 know how to do wallpaper?

Device(s)
    i335
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score

i335 ringtones

I was told that the i335 supported Mp3 format ringtones. . but every file i go to add says it is to large. I have never had a problem with ringtones and webjal but for some reason wih this phone im having some issues. HELP ME SOMEONE PLEASE. . . I hate the ringtones the phone came with and I hae the wallpaper even more. HELP Please!!!!!!

Device(s)
    Iphone 5, LGOptimus L90, LG800G for sons
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fantasygirl
    I was told that the i335 supported Mp3 format ringtones. . but every file i go to add says it is to large. I have never had a problem with ringtones and webjal but for some reason wih this phone im having some issues. HELP ME SOMEONE PLEASE. . . I hate the ringtones the phone came with and I hae the wallpaper even more. HELP Please!!!!!!

has anyone gotten the voice dialing to work ? does it have this feature?

In a CNET review they claim it does, but when I push the bluetooth button and speak I geta message on the display "no voice tags" I read thru the pdf manual and found no mention of voice dialing or voice tags

Device(s)
    i580
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    you have to assign a voice tag for each contact. Then when you use your headset it will work.
    Tim
    Dishsoap1

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dishsoap1
    you have to assign a voice tag for each contact. Then when you use your headset it will work.
    how do you assign a voice tag?

how do you make a voice tag?

I can not find it in the i335's manual

Device(s)
    i580
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    If you go to: contacts
    then highlight the contact you want to add a voicetag to
    hit the menu button
    go down to the number and select options
    there should be a box to enter voice name
    it will have u say the contacts name twice and then it will save it.

if it does not have the line to add a voice tag then your phone may not support it. My girlfriend has the i335 and shes not around for me to check. But try those steps I gave you. You will know if you can do it by the end of those steps.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dishsoap1
    If you go to: contacts
    then highlight the contact you want to add a voicetag to
    hit the menu button
    go down to the number and select options
    there should be a box to enter voice name
    it will have u say the contacts name twice and then it will save it.

if it does not have the line to add a voice tag then your phone may not support it. My girlfriend has the i335 and shes not around for me to check. But try those steps I gave you. You will know if you can do it by the end of those steps.
    thanks I figured it out, I'm happy now , as for the ring tones I like those built in LOUD rings as I'm around loud machines all day

I tried using moto phone tools but could not get any phones to work with i335
    it would be nice to move the phonebook from one phone to next one.

Device(s)
    sony erricson z550a
    Feedback Score
    just wondering did any one find a solution? i just got this phone and i tried bluetooth object push, java game, mp3 ringtone, wav rington, diffrent sizes and still got unrecognized object, can any one help? if there is a new post about this can u please direct me to it

Device(s)
    i335
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know how to import wallpaper (or pictures) to this phone? I've tried sending some jpeg and gif files with no luck. Anyone knows what image or pict format this phone accepts?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    I pushed my *.gif wallpapers and *.wav ringtones through a USB cable. Works fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast