Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: N-Gage on n95 8gb

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    131
    Device(s)
    n95 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    N-Gage on n95 8gb

    I just got the n-gage 2.0 app for n95 8gb, and its pretty sweet, so far the only games available are system rush, hooked on, space impact and some other trivial game i havent tried yet, system rush is really wicked looking/fun to play and the n-gage arena for it is pretty sweet too

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    GTA/Markham
    Posts
    75,452
    Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    do u have to have a data plan to play? i wish we can use wifi...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,359
    Carrier(s)
    Your mom
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by angel_wing0
    do u have to have a data plan to play? i wish we can use wifi...
    why can't you use wifi???
    first define your wifi access point in the phone, using wlan wizard, then in the n-gage app, in profile>n-gage settings>connection settings, change preferred access point to your wifi connection name

    I can log in and use arena, but nobody is ever playing, so no games are ever found

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    131
    Device(s)
    n95 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    yea i use wifi i've played quite a few rounds of system rush in n-gage arena mode its great on wifi

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    240
    Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I tried it on N95-3, all of the menus were blank... When I tried to update, it just opened the web browser to the Ngage site telling me if I were an N81 owner I could try the preview... guess I'll wait for an official version

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    GTA/Markham
    Posts
    75,452
    Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by slim724
    why can't you use wifi???
    first define your wifi access point in the phone, using wlan wizard, then in the n-gage app, in profile>n-gage settings>connection settings, change preferred access point to your wifi connection name

    I can log in and use arena, but nobody is ever playing, so no games are ever found
    i tried it but cant find the wifi settings on ngage, it only gives me att connection pts

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    GTA/Markham
    Posts
    75,452
    Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrich86
    yea i use wifi i've played quite a few rounds of system rush in n-gage arena mode its great on wifi
    hmmm i m going to try again, the phone doesnt need to have the sim in right?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,359
    Carrier(s)
    Your mom
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by angel_wing0
    hmmm i m going to try again, the phone doesnt need to have the sim in right?
    Try with the sim in, sometimes I get funky wifi/bluetooth issues when I go simless

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,359
    Carrier(s)
    Your mom
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Also, be sure to define your wifi access point in WLAN wizard first, I only had ATT as an option too, until my wifi access point was "known" in the phone

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    North Wales, UK
    Posts
    77
    Device(s)
    N95 8Gb
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Where did you get it from? I can't find it anywhere for my N95 8Gb.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    GTA/Markham
    Posts
    75,452
    Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by slim724
    Also, be sure to define your wifi access point in WLAN wizard first, I only had ATT as an option too, until my wifi access point was "known" in the phone
    i'll give that a try, thanks.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    GTA/Markham
    Posts
    75,452
    Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Supervee
    Where did you get it from? I can't find it anywhere for my N95 8Gb.
    check symbian-guru.com

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,351
    Carrier(s)
    Wal-Mart Family Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by stlpaul
    I tried it on N95-3, all of the menus were blank... When I tried to update, it just opened the web browser to the Ngage site telling me if I were an N81 owner I could try the preview... guess I'll wait for an official version
    I had it working the first day it came (even downloaded the fishing game). The next day, they took all of the choices away, so I am stuck with the same game...go figure...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    131
    Device(s)
    n95 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    oh that sucks anybody want to play some system rush add me joshrich86

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,359
    Carrier(s)
    Your mom
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolt Seavers
    I had it working the first day it came (even downloaded the fishing game). The next day, they took all of the choices away, so I am stuck with the same game...go figure...
    same here, there is nothing available in the showroom anymore, no game of the week, nothing to download, everything is blank, luckily I have the game files and put them in the n-gage folder on the card, and they install themselves

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks