Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HELP! unlocked 8320 on Fido BB connect wont work!

Device(s)
    blackberry torch
    Carrier(s)
    fido unlimited GTA
    Feedback Score

HELP! unlocked 8320 on Fido BB connect wont work!

I just bought a brand new unlocked 8320 (originally from t-mobile). i added the BB connect plan from fido but cant register it.

fido.blackberry.ca says the phone is registered with another network.

the phone was never used on t-mobile's network, how do i go about registering it with fido?

please help!
    Last edited by tanksta; 02-08-2008 at 09:50 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    My guess is that the BB is registered on a network, that is why Fido won't allow it. Double check with the perosn who sold it to you to see what network it was on.

Are you sure it is unlocked ??? Go to >Options >Advanced Options >Sim Card. Now just type MEPD. A new menu will pop up. Look for Network. It should say Disabled or Inactive if it's unlocked. If it says Active, it's still locked.

Good luck,as I have heard alot of nightmare stories with so called "unlocked" and "never activated" units

Device(s)
    blackberry torch
    Carrier(s)
    fido unlimited GTA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertint
    My guess is that the BB is registered on a network, that is why Fido won't allow it. Double check with the perosn who sold it to you to see what network it was on.

Are you sure it is unlocked ??? Go to >Options >Advanced Options >Sim Card. Now just type MEPD. A new menu will pop up. Look for Network. It should say Disabled or Inactive if it's unlocked. If it says Active, it's still locked.

Good luck,as I have heard alot of nightmare stories with so called "unlocked" and "never activated" units

The device does seem to be unlocked. i guess the problem is how do i re-register with fido given that they don't technically support Blackberries.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Fido can't and won't help you, you need to find out what network it was registered on before, and have the previous owner call in and have his pin released from the system.

I have heard of RIM being able to help with this in some extreme cases.

Good Luck.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    ^I was going to post that but he claims it's brand new and never been regisetred..
    BB 8100 > 8310 > 9000 (lost) > 8800 > 9700

Device(s)
    blackberry torch
    Carrier(s)
    fido unlimited GTA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzSix
    ^I was going to post that but he claims it's brand new and never been regisetred..

apparently it was unlocked using T Mobile's unlocking code so it should be all "legit".

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksta
    apparently it was unlocked using T Mobile's unlocking code so it should be all "legit".
    Yes, but unlocked and not registered are two different things.

Unlocked just allows you to you use voice features on any GSM network
    If Registered, allows you to use the BB data services on that specific network, unless you have it removed it will stay registered on say T-mobile. Once the PIN has been removed then you can use the BB data services on Fido.

Question, wheere did you buy the unit, and are 100% sure without a doubt it was NEVER registered ???

Device(s)
    blackberry torch
    Carrier(s)
    fido unlimited GTA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertint
    Yes, but unlocked and not registered are two different things.

Unlocked just allows you to you use voice features on any GSM network
    If Registered, allows you to use the BB data services on that specific network, unless you have it removed it will stay registered on say T-mobile. Once the PIN has been removed then you can use the BB data services on Fido.

Question, wheere did you buy the unit, and are 100% sure without a doubt it was NEVER registered ???
    after hours on the phone with fido, tmobile and rim i realised it wasnt worth the effort, gave the phone back to the seller who was good enough to give me a full refund and now i am in the hunt for an unlocked rogers 8320.

someone should sticky how to activate a blackberry on fido plan...

Feedback Score
    All you have to do is turn on the phone with your Fido SIM card in it and if your BB connect package is activated you should get a message in your inbox saying something to the effect of "your device is successfully registered on the network". Now and ONLY after you've seen this message, you can try to register the device on the Fido BIS site.

If you've done this and it still tells you that the PIN is registered to another service provider then you will have to try to get that PIN released through the previous owner. Just do not give up until you see that message in your inbox. Some CSRs foolishly add the BB connect to accounts that already have a data option. They are incompatible and it will cause the BB connect not to work (for example if you have $18 value pack you have to change to $16 and then add BB connect).

Anyways, point is don't give up until you see that message on your device.

Device(s)
    blackberry torch
    Carrier(s)
    fido unlimited GTA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaCell
    All you have to do is turn on the phone with your Fido SIM card in it and if your BB connect package is activated you should get a message in your inbox saying something to the effect of "your device is successfully registered on the network". Now and ONLY after you've seen this message, you can try to register the device on the Fido BIS site.

If you've done this and it still tells you that the PIN is registered to another service provider then you will have to try to get that PIN released through the previous owner. Just do not give up until you see that message in your inbox. Some CSRs foolishly add the BB connect to accounts that already have a data option. They are incompatible and it will cause the BB connect not to work (for example if you have $18 value pack you have to change to $16 and then add BB connect).

Anyways, point is don't give up until you see that message on your device.
    ah.. i didnt know that there is a message received on the device even if its not "registered". i added the BIS plan before i had the BB in hand.

anyway i asked a CSR who seemed to know what he was talking about to manually add my device but they received the same message "device is registered with another carrier".

now i am on the hunt for a 8320 that can be registered.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8300
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I have the same problem with my phone. Its a BB Curve 8300 and I went to the fido.blackberry.com site and it gave me the same message: Registered to another Service Provider. I called a CSR and he knew absolutely nothing.
    I have a $18 Value pack (Which has now been changed to $20) with 4 months unlimited browsing. How do I set it up. so that I can browse and access my email on my Phone? Please Help.
    My phone was originally on the Rogers Network. The guy on the phone said i have BB Connect but I am not conviced he knew what he was talking about.

The only SMS messages I recieved were after the Agent initially set up the 18$ value pack
    That your Yahoo Messanger is now setup and your MSN Messanger is now setup.

oh another thing is when i went to my phones TCP setting and put in internet.fido.ca username:fido and PW:fido my Maps started working. My main concern is I want BB Messaging to work and Internet browsing.

Please Help?
    Thanks
    Last edited by TWix_32; 02-11-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Device(s)
    blackberry torch
    Carrier(s)
    fido unlimited GTA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWix_32
    I have the same problem with my phone. Its a BB Curve 8300 and I went to the fido.blackberry.com site and it gave me the same message: Registered to another Service Provider. I called a CSR and he knew absolutely nothing.
    I have a $18 Value pack (Which has now been changed to $20) with 4 months unlimited browsing. How do I set it up. so that I can browse and access my email on my Phone? Please Help.
    My phone was originally on the Rogers Network. The guy on the phone said i have BB Connect but I am not conviced he knew what he was talking about.

The only SMS messages I recieved were after the Agent initially set up the 18$ value pack
    That your Yahoo Messanger is now setup and your MSN Messanger is now setup.

oh another thing is when i went to my phones TCP setting and put in internet.fido.ca username:fido and PW:fido my Maps started working. My main concern is I want BB Messaging to work and Internet browsing.

Please Help?
    Thanks
    i got the same 2 messages sent to me.

if your phone was on rogers, you should be able to call rogers and get it off their list.

is anyone else trying to sign up to fido using blackberry having this problem? if so it could be that fido has plugged the hole for non e-62 users on their network.
    Last edited by tanksta; 02-11-2008 at 02:06 PM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    when I bought my wife's white Pearl for use on Fido last year, I paid a (huge) premium to ensure it was 'factory direct' and never even provisioned for another network. It registered first try, and has been working perfectly since then. Check a2zwireless (Fido distributor) if you're willing to go that route.

Feedback Score
    I know on Rogers Wireless if you use an unlocked BlackBerry from another service provider (IE: T-Mobile branded) and the unit has never been used it's common to see a message such as Registered To Another Service Provider when creating a BIS account. I have seen this happen with many of my friends, associates and co workers. Calling into Rogers Data Client Care team is one option but you can also correct this issue by going to: Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table then press the menu button and select the Register Now option. Once that's done you should be able to set up your BIS account with no problems. I've tried this solution myself when I had received the same "Registered To Another Service Provider" when using a brand new unlocked BlackBerry that I purchased in the USA and using on the Rogers Wireless network and it worked. That said for this to work you will need a BlackBerry data plan (or for you Fido subscribers a BlackBerry Connect Plan). However if the BlackBerry is used and not a brand new one and the PIN and IMEI are tied to another BIS account you'll need to have the previous owner have the PIN and IMEI released before you can register it.

Device(s)
    blackberry torch
    Carrier(s)
    fido unlimited GTA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator HF 7
    I know on Rogers Wireless if you use an unlocked BlackBerry from another service provider (IE: T-Mobile branded) and the unit has never been used it's common to see a message such as Registered To Another Service Provider when creating a BIS account. I have seen this happen with many of my friends, associates and co workers. Calling into Rogers Data Client Care team is one option but you can also correct this issue by going to: Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table then press the menu button and select the Register Now option. Once that's done you should be able to set up your BIS account with no problems. I've tried this solution myself when I had received the same "Registered To Another Service Provider" when using a brand new unlocked BlackBerry that I purchased in the USA and using on the Rogers Wireless network and it worked. That said for this to work you will need a BlackBerry data plan (or for you Fido subscribers a BlackBerry Connect Plan). However if the BlackBerry is used and not a brand new one and the PIN and IMEI are tied to another BIS account you'll need to have the previous owner have the PIN and IMEI released before you can register it.
    ^^^ Thanks !!

TWix_32: can you try the above and let me know if it works for you?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast