Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is it me or is Telus lagging in the new phone department???

Device(s)
    HTC touch
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Is it me or is Telus lagging in the new phone department???

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Telus fan. I've gotten great service from them and L&R really stepped up to give me a great plan on Feb 5th. But I spent a half hour in a Rogers store a couple days ago and man, they have great phones compared to Telus!! Not to mention being GSM and able to buy unlocked phones anway. Where are all the great camera phones (5MP), great music phones, and new PDA phones. I mean I go into the telus store now and ask if they have anything new and the guys squirm and the last time they started telling me about the new Rogers phones???

Now I have a plan that I have to activate one month from Feb 5th to get the sweet deal they offered me and none of the phones really interest me that much. I hope telus steps up the way the have with data plans and starts putting out something new and interesting

Please Telus, give me a Tytn II, LG TU720, Sony K850i, ... something... before March 5th

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8330 (Curve)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Welcome to a CDMA carrier. That's just the way it is.

Device(s)
    LG 8700
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS - the future is Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Lately, I have to agree. It looks like Bell is getting ahead of TELUS. So, nothing to do with being a CDMA carrier.

Too much concentration on the data plans and new rate plans, maybe?

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ginblossom
    Lately, I have to agree. It looks like Bell is getting ahead of TELUS. So, nothing to do with being a CDMA carrier.

Too much concentration on the data plans and new rate plans, maybe?
    Too much concentration of new data plans? Fine with me! What they are lacking in the phone department they are picking up in the rate plan department! Plus I have my $15 data, sweet voice plan, and a BB pearl. Needless to say I have all I need right here thanks!
    +1 Telus.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    You're gonna be banging your head if you switch to Rogers... poor customer service, expensive data plans...

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange_Days
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a Telus fan. I've gotten great service from them and L&R really stepped up to give me a great plan on Feb 5th. But I spent a half hour in a Rogers store a couple days ago and man, they have great phones compared to Telus!! Not to mention being GSM and able to buy unlocked phones anway. Where are all the great camera phones (5MP), great music phones, and new PDA phones. I mean I go into the telus store now and ask if they have anything new and the guys squirm and the last time they started telling me about the new Rogers phones???

Now I have a plan that I have to activate one month from Feb 5th to get the sweet deal they offered me and none of the phones really interest me that much. I hope telus steps up the way the have with data plans and starts putting out something new and interesting

Please Telus, give me a Tytn II, LG TU720, Sony K850i, ... something... before March 5th

why dont u ask for a phone that was actually made in cdma. last time i checked telus didnt make phones. and nother of those phones have a cdma variant. so go ***** at lg and htc. and well the last time sony ericsson made a cdma phone it wasnt even in color.

the only phones that are "high end" that havent been released on telus would have to be the venus and the voyager. other than that ur complaints should be directed at manufacturers.

but ill take saving money on my 15$ plan over spending over a 100$ a month at rogers for a 600$ + fancy phone that i cant use and is nothing more than eye candy. so have fun at rogers ill enjoy actually using my phone.

i dont know who thinks bell has better phone all hey have is the double flip and the rokr slider phone the double flip while it has the little cool factor it really does nothing and now that we have unlimited data that keyboard is useless.

the rokr is a sliding razr krzr take ur pic it all looks the same. no thanks

i do however believe with cope at the helm and the fact bell needs to do something fast they may very well surpass telus in the phones department MAYBE. lets just wait and see how things play out

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    i too get sucked into the rogers store everytime i'm in the mall... they do carry some cool handsets...

however everytime i start talking rateplans to match my needs i'm looking at a $100 minimum increase in my bill!

i don't need the latest nokia-whizbang double latte flip phone THAT badly...

i'll just stick with my boring little BB and use the damn thing the way RIM intended... with my $15 unlimited data plan...
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Device(s)
    Cooked rom NexusOne
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Well you cant really beat the guy up about this.

Some people must have style first, some people must have function first. Most of us are function people. The type that destroy regular pans and require heavy duty options.

Some just want the phone to match their shoes or purse. Nothing wrong with that really

Feedback Score
    definitely stay away from Rogers if you want to use data on a PDA... and if you decide to ignore that advice buy one with wifi.

Device(s)
    HTC touch
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by purephase
    Welcome to a CDMA carrier. That's just the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by DKaz
    You're gonna be banging your head if you switch to Rogers... poor customer service, expensive data plans...
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman
    why dont u ask for a phone that was actually made in cdma. last time i checked telus didnt make phones
    First, I am not switching to Rogers!
    Second, Telus cell plans rock and customer service is second to none in the cell phone industry

My post was just a wish that they would go beyond the accepted practices of second rate phones(for the most part) for a CDMA carrier. If you think that company's like Telus, Bell, Sprint, Verizon have no say in what company's like HTC and LG port over to CDMA then you are kidding yourself. I know CDMA is only about 20% of the market share thus GSM gets all the new phones but 20% or the world phone market is HUGE!! They should be fighting to offer us their product.

Quote Originally Posted by t3xboar
    Some people must have style first, some people must have function first. Most of us are function people
    I don't know what you read in my post but function is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't need or want fancy lights but I would love a phone with a 3.2 or 5 MP camera and a fast processor. I would love a phone that came with an 8GB card to fill with music and a little style wouldn't hurt. I have an old brick phone for you t3xboar that "functions" just fantastic

Anyway, I'll wait...if nothing comes up I'll get a Touch for myself and a LG shine for my wife and make it work...that's all

Device(s)
    LG- IQ
    Carrier(s)
    Telus.Hspa
    Feedback Score
    Only phone with a faster processor then current offerings is the Iphone.

Keep it.

WR
    LG IQ HSPA Edmonton
    Need some extra help with your LG Expo/IQ?
    Try LG-Expo/IQ For Tips & Tweaks. Home of the Tweaker App for LG IQ's an Expo's.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II i9100
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DKaz
    The K850 (5mp camera) comes with a 7 dollar unlimited data plan they're WAP tho...

Actually all phones can, but the k850 you need a contract for the 7 dollar data plan... >_> how evil!

But EDGE phones don't need contract.
    Arr~

The Fastest and Most Reliable. Question-Mark?

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    If only Telus would get the LG Voyager and a cdma version of the iPhone that would be sweet.

Device(s)
    Active: iPhone 4S (Telus), HTC Touch (Bell), BlackBerry Z10 (Rogers), Sony Xperia U (Fido)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus, Bell, Rogers, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman
    why dont u ask for a phone that was actually made in cdma. last time i checked telus didnt make phones. and nother of those phones have a cdma variant. so go ***** at lg and htc. and well the last time sony ericsson made a cdma phone it wasnt even in color.
    I loved that Sony Ericsson T206. That phone was awesome and it was blue.

Wish Sony Ericsson would come back CDMA.
    Five years on HowardsForums

Device(s)
    LG Shine
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jgon9
    I loved that Sony Ericsson T206. That phone was awesome and it was blue.

Wish Sony Ericsson would come back CDMA.
    they are owning the market (only second to nikia i beleive, not %100 on that though) and they arent even making cdma handsets. i would say that they are never coming back...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast