Thread: Can this speaker damage to my N95 be repaired??!

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Feedback Score

Can this speaker damage to my N95 be repaired??!

I have had one problem after another and I'm gonna LOSE IT!!!

I dropped my N95 and now it BUZZES when I talk and when I press the buttons on my phone, HOWEVER, it sounds perfectly clear when music or ringtunes are played....please tell me this part can be replaced!!!!

Feedback Score
    if you are certain it is just the speaker, just replace the part. If you aren't completely sure or if you aren't comfortable opening your phone up, pay someone to do it. Everything is fixable if you are willing to pay for it. It's just that sometimes the parts and labor end up being more than the cost of the phone.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's obviously not the speaker. Something that processes the sound was damaged. If it was the speaker music and tones would sound bad too.

Feedback Score
    mp3 playback on the n95 comes out of completely different speakers than the voice comes out of when in a call. They only use the same speakers for music and calls if you are using the speakerphone.

Device(s)
    N97 Mini; E71; E51; N95; 6120 Classic
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have a little buzzing from the earpiece (the speaker at the top of the N95 next to the light sensor) as a result of dropping my phone. Although the suck-and-blow remedy hasn't worked for me, the OP might try it. To reseat the wire mesh, suck on the aperture and then blow on it or use compressed air.Some people have claimed success with this method.

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-3 W/ 16GB MicroSD
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbin2

I dropped my N95 and now it BUZZES when I talk and when I press the buttons on my phone, HOWEVER, it sounds perfectly clear when music or ringtunes are played....please tell me this part can be replaced!!!!

As others have said, its the handset speaker thats affected. Now it could be something as simple as it got lose. So try blowing into the earpiece speaker and the suck (i know it sounds weird but it fixes it sometimes).

If that doesn't work you might have to replace that piece (runs like 5 bucks if you do it yourself).

I included an image to show you what that earpiece speaker looks like.

I don't work for helio anymore so ignore my username

Device(s)
    N95-3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbin2

You can always send it to NokiaUSA for repair, you wont have to worry about the buzzing speaker anymore.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    He really wasn't clear. But yeah, pop that bad boy open and check it out. Maybe something is loose, he not replace the speaker.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, that little speaker shown in the images.. that's your culprit.. inside( through the two little holes) there is some sort of mesh or metalic film if I could remember correctly. One hofo member resolved his issue by pushing a needle into the hole.. in any way.. something is rattling inside that piece.. if you're willing, taking it apart and inspect the piece.. blowing and sucking might help too

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Feedback Score
    thanks you guys helped alot and now it's fixed! it was just the headset speaker like you guys said

Device(s)
    N95-2 (Backup and travel phone)
    Feedback Score
    did you suck it or did you pay someone else to?

Device(s)
    N900, E72
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by threezero
    did you suck it or did you pay someone else to?