Thread: N-Gage for a 15-year-old with a PSP?

Device(s)
    Nokia N86 8MP
    Carrier(s)
    Optus (Oz)
    Feedback Score

N-Gage for a 15-year-old with a PSP?

My partner and I are thinking of getting his son an N-Gage. He is 15 years old and just got a PSP, so I'm not sure if getting him an N-Gage is overkill. He does need a new mobile, though (since he broke his last one). I don't know much about the N-Gage, so I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me out a bit. Should I get him an N-Gage (even though he already has a PSP) or should I just get him a non-gaming mobile?

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    u should just get him a non gaming mobile. It's very likely that he wont like the ngage due to the form factor. And psp > ngage by a mile.

Device(s)
    Nokia N86 8MP
    Carrier(s)
    Optus (Oz)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I've got a PSP of my own, and it's just crazy the things that it can do. If not an N-Gage, what would you suggest? Maybe a 5500? He IS a boy, after all-- hopefully the 5500 is equipped to be in the careless hands of a teenage boy?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinta
    Yeah, I've got a PSP of my own, and it's just crazy the things that it can do. If not an N-Gage, what would you suggest? Maybe a 5500? He IS a boy, after all-- hopefully the 5500 is equipped to be in the careless hands of a teenage boy?
    just get him a n81...it has ngage capabilities.

Device(s)
    Nokia N86 8MP
    Carrier(s)
    Optus (Oz)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    anytime

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinta
    My partner and I are thinking of getting his son an N-Gage. He is 15 years old and just got a PSP, so I'm not sure if getting him an N-Gage is overkill. He does need a new mobile, though (since he broke his last one). I don't know much about the N-Gage, so I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me out a bit. Should I get him an N-Gage (even though he already has a PSP) or should I just get him a non-gaming mobile?
    You should make him buy his own next phone and perhaps he will take care of it better. At least that is what I have done with my teenagers. I bought the first one, quickly broken (went swimming with it), he bought his next one and takes much better care of it. I have also found that making my teenagers have prepaid phones (sure I buy a card now and then) has taught them a GREAT lesson in responsibility and budgeting. Its worked great for me and my kids, YMMV.
    Carl

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    tahts always true...they always use losing the phone as an excuse to buy a new one

Device(s)
    Nokia N85-3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    as a teenager, I have never lost or broken a phone (yet). Oh and it would be totally awesome if my parents wound by me a phone....ha that's never happening.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    same with em

Feedback Score
    I don't see the problem in buying a phone for your kid, no matter how old is he/she. You shouldn't buy something very expensive, as he won't need the ngage because PSP is way better.