Page 1 of 214 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Blackberry 8330 "Curve" Pre-Release Thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score

The Official Blackberry 8330 "Curve" Pre-Release Thread

Please use this pre-release thread to talk about about the Blackberry Curve for Verizon.

Before posting any questions, you should search through the 1st thread here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1273487

==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G White (At&t)
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah
    That's because in the red hot deal days promo, the upgrade price of the Pearl was $249.99 before rebates and other discounts (i.e. ADC). Now that promotion is over, the Pearl is back to the "regular" upgrade price of $299.99.
    Exactly my point. The Red Hot Deal thing was a special. Then the price returned to the regular. Now they're advertising a price drop.. Of course it could have nothing to do with the Curve's release, and of course it could just have a price drop because its been out for awhile..

I was merely pointing out the fact that it has dropped which could POSSIBLY be a hint to a forthcoming release of the Curve.
    The ONLY ninja I trust!

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tevester523
    Exactly my point. The Red Hot Deal thing was a special. Then the price returned to the regular. Now they're advertising a price drop.. Of course it could have nothing to do with the Curve's release, and of course it could just have a price drop because its been out for awhile..

I was merely pointing out the fact that it has dropped which could POSSIBLY be a hint to a forthcoming release of the Curve.
    I agree with you. It does make logical sense, whether it's true or not.
    A slice of bread will always land peanut butter side down. If, by chance, you put peanut butter on both sides of the slice, it will float forever.

I'm an artist, see LOOK! Told you

Device(s)
    Motorla DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    Please use this pre-release thread to talk about about the Blackberry Curve for Verizon.

I'll be great to post in the first thread pictures, features, etc of the 8330 for VZW. I am sure it will be asked a million times.

http://www.bbgeeks.com/blackberry-sc...y-curve-88205/

---
    Mobile Technology Deals
    http://mobiletech.knguyentu.com/

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 | Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T | Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy

For real! In terms of the 8330, just about every answer you may need about what is currently known can be found in that thread.

Please, let's keep this a forward moving thread and not one that gets dragged into the old thread. Thanks guys and gals!

I'll try to help out with the general basics so they aren't asked again:

- Release is targeted in April with VZW pushing for late March.

- It does have GPS, but the test versions so far have all been locked to VZ Navigator.

- It will not be WiFi capable.

- The release color scheme will be the same as the color above. This has been confirmed that while there may be other colors, this will be the release color.

- In terms of size, it is as identical to the GSM version as CDMA can get.

- This will not be a World Edition Device.

- It will be EVDO capable, but it is not known/has not been posted yet whether it will be REV A.

- The exact pricing is not known/has not been posted yet.

- It is, of course, QWERTY.

- It will be high capacity micro SD capable.

These are the answers to the most commonly asked questions that have been asked and answered over and over again in the previous thread. BLUE = THE most asked questions.

Last edited by liquidplatinum; 02-25-2008 at 08:33 PM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 & HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wirelessly posted (RIM BlackBerry Pearl 2: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

As much as I want to be, I'm no longer excited about the Curve. I currently have the Pearl and a red 8830 and have had numerous BlackBerry devices in the past. The 8800 series seems to pack the most power. The Pearl was a little too consumer oriented for my taste. I played with the GSM Curve extensively and it was a lot more like the Pearl than the 8800 in my opinion. I had a silver 8830 that I liked but it wasn't all that special. Now that Verizon released this gorgeous red 8830, I'm more content. I don't like the lack of a camera, but you can't have it all I guess.

EDIT: Accidentally posted twice and can't delete it from the wap site. Please delete. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jakes; 02-25-2008 at 10:48 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidplatinum
    For real! In terms of the 8330, just about every answer you may need about what is currently known can be found in that thread.

Please, let's keep this a forward moving thread and not one that gets dragged into the old thread. Thanks guys and gals!

I'll try to help out with the general basics so they aren't asked again:

- Release is targeted in April with VZW pushing for late March.

- It does have GPS, but the test versions so far have all been locked to VZ Navigator.

- It will not be WiFi capable.

- The release color scheme will be the same as the color above. This has been confirmed that while there may be other colors, this will be the release color.

- In terms of size, it is as identical to the GSM version as CDMA can get.

- This will not be a World Edition Device.

- It will be EVDO capable, but it is not known/has not been posted yet whether it will be REV A.

- The exact pricing is not known/has not been posted yet.

- It is, of course, QWERTY.

- It will be high capacity micro SD capable.

These are the answers to the most commonly asked questions that have been asked and answered over and over again in the previous thread. BLUE = THE most asked questions.

Thank you so much for posting this. Not that it will matter since soon people will start asking these questions over and over anyway the longer this thread becomes .

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 | Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T | Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I hear what you're saying. I'll just post the link to the first page if I see any of the same questions asked. Gotta love lazyness.

Feedback Score
    Glad to see a main pre release thread. I will be keeping an eye on this one for updates.....

Thanks
    J

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I really hope it has rev. A. That would be really nice for tethering!

Joe

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks much for the summarization LP, should help alleviate many repeat questions.

Device(s)
    BB 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Quake97
    I really hope it has rev. A. That would be really nice for tethering!

Joe

Rev A would be really nice! now im going to get my hopes up and its not going to have it. haha

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 | Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T | Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just got news that the 8330 for US Cellular is 100% for sure going to black by someone that has seen it and messed around with it.

I wish Verizon's was black... Well, I guess I could find a casing when it's released for US Cellular. Or maybe when VZW fully allows open access I could get one from USCC.

Last edited by liquidplatinum; 02-26-2008 at 12:19 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidplatinum
    I just got news that the 8330 for US Cellular is 100% for sure going to black by someone that has seen it and messed around with it.

I wish Verizon's was black... Well, I guess I could find a casing when it's released for US Cellular. Or maybe when VZW fully allows open access I could get one from USCC.

Darker gray or darker silver would still be ok. I'm just not that big a fan of the bright silver of the 8830. Thinking this will be my first BB.

Telford/Souderton,PA to St.Petersburg/Clearwater,FL
    Device(s)
    Electric Blue Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Again,thanks for the summary of VZW Curve facts(as we know them) liquidplatinum.Without a clear release date I thought it was premature to have a new official "Pre-Release Thread" but,here it is.Is the VZW color 100% confirmed?I ask because over in the Sprint Forum their version of the Curve is being described being "titanium" in color(similar to the above picture).So VZW's & Sprint's will share the same color while USCellular's will be black?

Page 1 of 214 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast