Page 2 of 214 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Blackberry 8330 "Curve" Pre-Release Thread

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidplatinum
    Or maybe when VZW fully allows open access I could get one from USCC.
    You may be out of luck there; USCC locks their phones and BBs are ridiculously difficult to hack into in order to get/change the MSL.
    "Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." -General John Stark
    "Bring on the trumpets!"

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 | Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T | Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    Again,thanks for the summary of VZW Curve facts(as we know them) liquidplatinum.Without a clear release date I thought it was premature to have a new official "Pre-Release Thread" but,here it is.Is the VZW color 100% confirmed?I ask because over in the Sprint Forum their version of the Curve is being described being "titanium" in color(similar to the above picture).So VZW's & Sprint's will share the same color while USCellular's will be black?

Verizon's will be titanium/light gray for sure, although there may be different colors released after the initial, as I said in the summary. I can't speak for Sprint, but USCC's will be black.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G White (At&t)
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SQFreak
    You may be out of luck there; USCC locks their phones and BBs are ridiculously difficult to hack into in order to get/change the MSL.

It won't matter with Verizon's Open Handset program, You'll be able to take any other CDMA phone and Verizon will let you use it on the network. (or so they say)
    The ONLY ninja I trust!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tevester523
    It won't matter with Verizon's Open Handset program, You'll be able to take any other CDMA phone and Verizon will let you use it on the network. (or so they say)
    Even with Sprint phones, if you can get the ESN active on VZW's network, you'll most likely be able to do the OTA so you won't need to manually enter in the MDN or MSID.

I used to have access to VZW's reseller activation portal. We would submit lists of ESN's we needed added to their database for "testing." Once and a while, I'd slip in a few Sprint phone ESN's. Once approved, I'd simply OTA each device. Of course, only voice and SMS worked, but you get the idea....
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 | Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T | Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I didn't mean to open up a can of worms on the subject. If it ultimately comes down to me not being able to do it, then no biggy. Hopefully the "titanium" color is identical to the T-mo and at&t color. This whole shiny silver look is getting old.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm just happy other cdma providers have officially committed to a Curve release, making it all the more difficult for VZW to pull the plug regardless of testing results. They would seemingly stand to lose revenue on the handsets (subsidized or not) and/or new account activations (even if simply on such a small scale), since they are to open up to alien cdma devices with other carriers releasing it already.

Whichever color they decide on for initial release is fine with me. I would also love black (or even red), but that would be the last thing stopping me from buying one when the launch hits. Rev. A would just be the cherry on the proverbial sundae.

Device(s)
    LG KE770 Shine(X2)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile |
    Feedback Score
    This is a pretty damn early pre release thread wow.
    [Network Progression]
    [Tracfone -> Voicestream -> Sprint -> Verizon -> Sprint -> T-Mobile]

twitter.com/tzDev

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 | Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T | Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chasehx
    This is a pretty damn early pre release thread wow.
    It's the end of February now and it's going to be released late March/early April. Plus, it's no longer in the "rumor" stage.

It's not THAT early.
    Last edited by liquidplatinum; 02-26-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

It's not THAT early.
    Well we HAVE been talking about it since LAST September , that's what he might be talking about early

Cheap TPU cases. Thunderbolt, MT4G, Nexus S (4G) Droid X/X2, DInc 2/S, HTC Sensation, Samsung Infuse, EVO 3D, SGSII

Use coupon code HoFo for 15% OFF your order

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 | Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T | Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar
    Whichever color they decide on for initial release is fine with me. I would also love black (or even red)

Don't lie! You know you're waiting for neon pink with purple hearts.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Don't lie! You know you're waiting for pink

I personally am waiting for the Pink one, but the Black one will do for the mean time

Feedback Score
    Black would be cool. but I love the look of the TI.

I hope in the coming weeks we get some more solid info for all this.... March is right around the corner and so in my Bday
    J

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G White (At&t)
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't care if it was lime green with pink polka dots and neon yellow stripes. I just want it to land. Especially with the increasing amount of bad news relating to the u940/Glyde.

Device(s)
    vx8600
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tevester523
    I wouldn't care if it was lime green with pink polka dots and neon yellow stripes. I just want it to land. Especially with the increasing amount of bad news relating to the u940/Glyde.
    Yep i was looking very forward to the u940 but after the news of a WAP browser i decided the curve was the definite way to go. Im looking forward to a BB addiction whenever Verizon is ready.

Device(s)
    BB 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i think i have come to terms that i have a problem of wanting the curve too much. Today in my Calculus 3 class instead of writing "no boundary curves...etc" i wrote "no blackberry curve"

Page 2 of 214 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast