Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to Unlock W810i with Rogers

Feedback Score

How to Unlock W810i with Rogers

Wow, I can't believe how hard it is to find info on how to unlock the Sony 810i phone. My phone is from Rogers, does any know how I can unlock it, I recently got a Fido plan and would like to use the 810i with Fido.

thanks in advance,
    bbs

Device(s)
    w810i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    With at&t all i have to do is go in and say i'm going out of country and need it unlocked so i can use a foreign sim card.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I spent hours reading this forum and searching the web looking for an answer to the exact same question. I read there are services that would unlock the phone for you with just a code, whereas others needed a special cable. I was skeptical of the couple of affordable (~$15 range) services that claimed to only needed your IMEI. I decided to take the plunge via a service I found on ebay figuring if it was a scam it would have been shut down long ago or had a lot of dissatisfied customers. Long story short: less than 24 hours after I sent my details to the ebay retailer, I now have an unlocked Rogers w810i.

Go to ebay.com and search for "unlock w810i rogers" and sort by price. I used the "buy it now or best offer" seller.
    Jonathan

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Sorry...forgot to add that I tried calling Rogers asking them for the unlock code. The request was answered with a lot of excuses. My persistent complaints fell on deaf ears. I don't think you will get anywhere with them. In fact the only useful thing I did get out of them was a pointer to this forum!

Carrier(s)
    Fido, So-net, China Mobile HK,B-Mobile(Japan)
    Feedback Score
    Unlocking K810i is free and is one of the longest thread on this forum.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1306915

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTO
    Unlocking K810i is free and is one of the longest thread on this forum.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1306915
    Can't do it that way if your W810i is CID50, btw

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Granted people have reported success with this method. That said, as you admit, it is a very long thread and hard to wade through in terms of what works, what doesn't and even what some of it means. RLP06 has noted that "Can't do it that way if your W810i is CID50". Personally I don't even know what that means or if it would apply to me.

The code route works ... perhaps that is said elsewhere on this forum (I couldn't find it and nobody responded to my post asking, so I offered my experience).

For those that want a simple, fast and idiot proof solution, paying $15 to get a code is a viable alternative.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by one_of_thr3
    Granted people have reported success with this method. That said, as you admit, it is a very long thread and hard to wade through in terms of what works, what doesn't and even what some of it means. RLP06 has noted that "Can't do it that way if your W810i is CID50". Personally I don't even know what that means or if it would apply to me.

The code route works ... perhaps that is said elsewhere on this forum (I couldn't find it and nobody responded to my post asking, so I offered my experience).

For those that want a simple, fast and idiot proof solution, paying $15 to get a code is a viable alternative.
    CID50 is an encryption method for the phones... that method does work, and I have used it... however... if you don't want to spend the time to learn $15 is obviously the way to go if you don't want to mess up your phone

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, I'll try the K810i thread, but how do I find out if my phone is encrypted with CID50? Also, RLP50, did you unlock your w810i using those instructions.

Also, One_Of_Thr3, can you post the instructions ebay gave you? Obviously I'll still have to figure out the code... or are you actually one of the ebay sellers

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by balkar05
    Thanks guys, I'll try the K810i thread, but how do I find out if my phone is encrypted with CID50? Also, RLP50, did you unlock your w810i using those instructions.

Also, One_Of_Thr3, can you post the instructions ebay gave you? Obviously I'll still have to figure out the code... or are you actually one of the ebay sellers
    Let me know how you fare with those instructions and if there are any specifics I should watch out for. I would love to have my phone unlocked. I'm heading to Europe in July.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I am not an ebay seller. The generic instructions are:

How to Enter Unlock Codes on Sony Ericsson Cell Phones (all models)

The instructions say “For the unlocking of a locked Sony Ericsson no sim card is required” so I removed mine prior to doing the following.

1. Turn on the handset. Display will indicate “Insert SIM.”
    2. Press *<**<
    3. You will briefly see one of the following messages listed on devices display: “Personalized with MNC2” or “Personalized with MNC3”.
    4. The display will indicate “Network” and a picture of a closed lock.
    5. Press Select.
    6. The display will indicate “Unlock (Net) 5” and “NCK:” <I saw (Net) 10, but went ahead with the next step and all was well>
    7. Enter the 16 digit NLCK4U code (unlock code we provided you) and press okay.
    8. The handset will display “Network unlocked” and the display “Insert SIM” appears.

The handset is successfully unlocked.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by one_of_thr3
    I am not an ebay seller. The generic instructions are:

How to Enter Unlock Codes on Sony Ericsson Cell Phones (all models)

The instructions say “For the unlocking of a locked Sony Ericsson no sim card is required” so I removed mine prior to doing the following.

1. Turn on the handset. Display will indicate “Insert SIM.”
    2. Press *<**<
    3. You will briefly see one of the following messages listed on devices display: “Personalized with MNC2” or “Personalized with MNC3”.
    4. The display will indicate “Network” and a picture of a closed lock.
    5. Press Select.
    6. The display will indicate “Unlock (Net) 5” and “NCK:” <I saw (Net) 10, but went ahead with the next step and all was well>
    7. Enter the 16 digit NLCK4U code (unlock code we provided you) and press okay.
    8. The handset will display “Network unlocked” and the display “Insert SIM” appears.

The handset is successfully unlocked.
    I'm wondering if you'd be willing to share that code that they gave you? Mind emailing me at dario [dot] zgrablic [at symbol] gmail [dot] com so we might discuss this further (of course, only if you so wish)?

Thanks in advance,

DjDATZ

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DjDATZ
    I'm wondering if you'd be willing to share that code that they gave you? Mind emailing me at dario [dot] zgrablic [at symbol] gmail [dot] com so we might discuss this further (of course, only if you so wish)?

Thanks in advance,

DjDATZ
    Everyone has a different code.... its IMEI dependent (unique)

Device(s)
    Sony w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

unlocking w810i

I'm trying to do the same thing (Rogers service, Sony w801i phone) so that I can use it while in the states with an AT&T pay as you go sim card. From my limited understanding, the code sold by Ebay should work on any number of w810i phones, so I too would be interested in finding out if you would be willing to offer that code up for the greater good (or at least see if it works)?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wjp4d
    I'm trying to do the same thing (Rogers service, Sony w801i phone) so that I can use it while in the states with an AT&T pay as you go sim card. From my limited understanding, the code sold by Ebay should work on any number of w810i phones, so I too would be interested in finding out if you would be willing to offer that code up for the greater good (or at least see if it works)?
    Well of course, if he were willing to give me the code, I would give it a try, and if it worked, I would be willing to shoot him $7.50 CAD over something like PayPal... I wanted to discuss this with him across email, but I've received no response yet...

However, if RLP06 is correct, then the code wouldn't work...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast