Thread: 2009 To Be Femtocell boomyear

Device(s)
    LG KE770 Shine(X2)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile |
    Feedback Score

2009 To Be Femtocell boomyear

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/F...n-not-If-93360

I think it is sweet. Femtocells are a great idea.
    [Network Progression]
    [Tracfone -> Voicestream -> Sprint -> Verizon -> Sprint -> T-Mobile]

twitter.com/tzDev

Feedback Score
    Every carrier works in my house, I guess I'm just lucky...

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    personally for sprint at least it may be too little too late. theyre the only carrier without 800/850 mhz spectrum for their service (their main service CDMA, not IDEN). Therefore theyre the only carrier who stuggles with indoor service using the 1900mhz band solely. People who have bad coverage have already left or are leaving soon. I feel 2009 is too late to get this tech out. they will be down another 5 mill customers by then at the rate theyre going. theyre already expected to loose another 1.2 mil this 1st quarter alone. They needed this tech last year ready to go commercial

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23
    personally for sprint at least it may be too little too late. theyre the only carrier without 800/850 mhz spectrum for their service (their main service CDMA, not IDEN). Therefore theyre the only carrier who stuggles with indoor service using the 1900mhz band solely. People who have bad coverage have already left or are leaving soon.
    Tmobile... qed (not having 800Mhz is FAR, FAR from Sprint's biggest problem, and Tmobile is doing VERY well in terms of getting new customers...) Yes, Sprint should be racing to deploy the femtocells... and really not clear why it hasn't as from all reports, Airrave works very well... but that is the least of Sprint's problems, and not everyone would be willing to buy a femtocell and has the broadband connection and is willing to pay an extra $15/mo...

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    well not even for the service monthly to use LAN, but as a signal booster tool itself. Im sure tmobile adds people, but the point was with 800/850 and now 700mhz spectrum ATT and Verizon have pretty good penetration into buildings, where people use phones id say 50% of them time. sprint has a lot of catching up in that area. I hate i can barely use my phone at work because i have basically zero bars and can barely hang onto evdo- it constantly switches into 1x. Walk outside and 2-3 bars solid. But everyone elses ATT and Verizon phones get at least a bar or 2 inside. IMo that indoor coverage is a very important aspect to consider since more and more people dont use landlines anymore and use their phones everywherem not just in the car in the open.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well not even for the service monthly to use LAN, but as a signal booster tool itself. Im sure tmobile adds people, but the point was with 800/850 and now 700mhz spectrum ATT and Verizon have pretty good penetration into buildings, where people use phones id say 50% of them time. sprint has a lot of catching up in that area. I hate i can barely use my phone at work because i have basically zero bars and can barely hang onto evdo- it constantly switches into 1x. Walk outside and 2-3 bars solid. But everyone elses ATT and Verizon phones get at least a bar or 2 inside. IMo that indoor coverage is a very important aspect to consider since more and more people dont use landlines anymore and use their phones everywherem not just in the car in the open.
    At work in Austin, Verizon 0-1 bars. Sprint/ATT/T-Mobile full bars. Microcells = priceless.

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    yes but thats not the average over the nation.

im just saying theyve been tinkering with airave for almost a year now instead of releasing it, when theyre the carrier that needs it most because of frequencies.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    yes but thats not the average over the nation.

im just saying theyve been tinkering with airave for almost a year now instead of releasing it, when theyre the carrier that needs it most because of frequencies.
    Yes but they need to install quite a lot of servers to accomodate the sudden influx of airaves.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49
    Yes but they need to install quite a lot of servers to accomodate the sudden influx of airaves.

So ---- Get it done Sprint. You are a year late. Get it done. No wonder your customers are abandoning you. You do NOT fix the problems. You fumble the ball every time.

Device(s)
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chamb
    So ---- Get it done Sprint. You are a year late. Get it done. No wonder your customers are abandoning you. You do NOT fix the problems. You fumble the ball every time.
    Yeah, It's like them delaying WiMax because they don't have enough backhaul. WiMax is the hard part. Backhaul is the easy part. It's been around for years. Just order it and get it installed.
    iPhone 4S-32: Sprint SERO............Palm Pixi Plus: Page Plus ..............HP Pre3: AT&T GoPhone
    talk smart WB2YGF

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49
    At work in Austin, Verizon 0-1 bars. Sprint/ATT/T-Mobile full bars. Microcells = priceless.
    Sprint/T-Mobile - No Service.
    AT&T/Nextel/VZW full service. No towers = No customers for Sprint = Priceless

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm/Motorola k1m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon;
    Feedback Score
    I wonder how the ISPs feel about this? I have a feeling that if this and VOIP get more popular, the net neutrality issue will become very heated.