Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cect A8+ W/ Att Sim ??

Device(s)
    INSTINCT
    Carrier(s)
    SPRINT
    Feedback Score

Cect A8+ W/ Att Sim ??

HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT A CECT A8+ I PHONE, i got one off ebay, says its unlocked for att/tmobile, well i tried both those carriers sims and neither work, just says no service, do i need to go through the phone settings and do anything? i didnt get a manual with it so i have no idea , ive seen some stuff on youtube and all on some of the settings for similiar cect phones, someone told me the a8+ doesnt work in the US?? is this true? if i go to network settings in the phone it brings up a list of mnc/mcc #'s? one is labeled att ot tmobile depending which sim i use but if i click it it still says no service, i believe its a tri band phone from what i read but...., anyhelp with how to get this to work with att would be appreciated it!!

Feedback Score
    last i checked that phone is tri band and only gets 1900mhz on at&t you need 850mhz or a quad band phone! good luck.

Device(s)
    INSTINCT
    Carrier(s)
    SPRINT
    Feedback Score
    figures,lol! so what network could this phone work for??

Device(s)
    Sharp 903SH with Aliph Jawbone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    The phone will work in the US but just in urban areas due to it being triband. If you live in a rural area then that might be the reason why you aren't getting any reception/service there. If that's not the case, then I have no clue but if the phone is unlocked and such, then that should be the reason. Good luck

Device(s)
    INSTINCT
    Carrier(s)
    SPRINT
    Feedback Score
    yeah i live like 20 miles from philadelphia so i would consider were im at a urban area , ive seen people say theyve used it on att and tmob network?? i cant understand this phone, im just wandering if i have to setup the phone to work on this network? just was hoping someone out there had this same phone and was using it, if it was locked wouldnt there be a issue as soon as i put the sim in?? would it still say no service? i thought when that was the case the phone says like sim error or sim password??

Feedback Score
    I believe I have the same phone. I got it through chinatronic.com where it says it works in the US. It is a tri-band phone, GSM 900/1800/1900MHz according to the website, and t-mobile (from what I can find) says it is a 1900MHz network. I live in its coverage area and I also get no service. I can search networks and I get 20+ different ones, and the two t-mobile ones there both have no service. So Im in the same boat. Im gonna keep messing with it, maybe drive up to Minneapolis and see if the network up there is any stronger.

Feedback Score

A8+

Me too! I got my phone yesterday and have been trying to figure this thing out. I came up with the following: my at&t frequency is 1900 mhz and this cect a8+ supports that, I went to a wireless toys store here where they unlock phones and they told me that my phone is fully unlocked and there is nothing wrong with the phone. The only thing is is that it won't connect with a network for some odd reason and that it has something to do with the settings. So if anyone knows what I need to do with the settings please let me know! Thanks...

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W810i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am in the same boat.......It's a great phone, but like the others have stated, it just wont connect. Please share the info if you have it !!! THANKS A TON!!!!
    I hate phones....

Feedback Score
    It took me about a week before I came to a conclusion. The Chinese dork ripped me off and sold me a dual-band phone. To check if that's what happened to you, you need to get into engineering mode. Slide in the sim card you have and turn on the phone. Once it's up, dial: *#3698741# and the engineering mode screen should automatically pop up. I can't remember exactly what list of options it gives you but you need to select something like "change band" or something like that. If it's a dual-band phone, the only options listed will be 900 MHZ, 1800 MHZ, and Auto. If it's a tri-band phone it should have and additional option of 1900 MHZ.

By the time I got the phone, he had already disappeared from eBay, his online store vanished just as well, and the only thing that saved me was I claimed my money back through PayPal. All I lost was an additional $3.00 I payed a little bit later for shipping insurance I forgot to pay the first time. No biggy. The phone cost me $3.00 in the end and I shipped it to Ukraine to a freind. Problem solved.

Feedback Score
    Hello Dima,
    Sounds like you have had the same problem. I have been trying to get up with the guy on ebay too and he shut his store down and packed up How did you get your money bak?? Martin

Feedback Score
    I payed via PayPal so that's who I took it up with. You open a dispute with the seller. If you don't hear from them in a reasonable matter of time, you "escalate" the claim with PayPal. This basically says "I give up, figure it out PayPal". Then it takes about 30 days before PayPal says whose favor it decides in. If you have a good description of what happened and it's the sellers fault, PayPal will decide in your favor and will pull your money out of the sellers account and put it back into your account. Katching, free phone. And seller learns his/her lesson. If you need help with the process, call PayPal "HELP" center. They'll walk you through it.

Feedback Score

Hi Dima

Yea I opened a dispute with paypal. and Now I am hearing back from them. But they want the phone back inexchange for refund.. I am not sure if this is a good idea. I guess I can just go with it and if I have any problems then Paypal will get my money back.. I hope!! Anyway email me the company name if you can I was just curious if it is the same one I am dealing with. [email protected] thanks martin

Feedback Score

Cect A8+ W/ Att Sim ??

I got A8+ from ebay. Inserted AT&T (old blue color) sim card and it is seems like working. But whenever i made a call, i can able to listen fine but on the other end they have tough time to hear my voice. They can hear it but the voice is too tinny. I live in Orlando, FL, where AT&T is using 1900/850 band. Is anyone know did i miss some setting on the phone. Any help would be much appreciate. thanks

Feedback Score

a8+

i got a triband off of ebay also, mine works fine with att in vegas, although i am giving serious thought to getting rid of it, along with no one answered my current post about these, so that just strengthens my thinking on ditching it.

Feedback Score

A8+

I also thinking about to return it. I went to last night AT&T store and find out this phone not usable in most of rular area, where at&t still used 850 band. It is only work in big city. How about touch screen? Is it working Ok with u? After pressing any key, do i need to go touch screen mode? I clicked everywhere through stlus but somehow it did not work OR should i have to click some special area on the screen to go touch screen mode active? I already calibarted pen stlus. Thanks,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast