Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Pantech Duo reflash issues

I am reforming the thread with the proper title and a correction:

Hi,

Ok so I tried to reflash the phone with the update and got problems out the wazoo. It tells me it is done but does not reboot and Pantech's (poorly written) instructions indicate that i need to run the reflash util in emergency mode. I have done this as well (several times at this point).

It is still not working. What is happening specifically now is that the reflasher is telling me ofter a few minutes of searching through the device that it can not connect to it in normal mode. In emergency mode it installs modem (nothing more) and then proclaims that the phone has been reflashed. The phone then boots into Download Ready mode again.

Pulling the battery and restarting puts it back into download mode.

someone tell me that they know what is going on with this thing and how to get it to work?

Device(s)
    Pantech Duo
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Update

ok, now its going through all the way (as far as I can tell) and saying that the re-flash is complete. The phone attempts to restart and I get a brief fleeting second of the windows mobile load screen and it immediately goes to the download ready screen again. The Light is Red, which according to this manual indicates success.

Is there some key combo I can press that will force it back in to normal boot sequence?

Device(s)
    Note 4/8
    Carrier(s)
    SNET/Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by dracorna
    ok, now its going through all the way (as far as I can tell) and saying that the re-flash is complete. The phone attempts to restart and I get a brief fleeting second of the windows mobile load screen and it immediately goes to the download ready screen again. The Light is Red, which according to this manual indicates success.

Is there some key combo I can press that will force it back in to normal boot sequence?
    Did you download all Three stages?

Device(s)
    Pantech Duo
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have what is in the zip file from the pantech site (DUO_update.zip) which consists of the USB Drivers, The reflasher, and the manual. Is there more that I am not aware of?

Device(s)
    Note 4/8
    Carrier(s)
    SNET/Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No, but read my post in the thread next to this one "new duo rom update" from your description it sounds like you didn't let it finish installing the third part. (Just a guess)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    help! this happened to me too.....it went through the whole reflashing process and now it just sticks on the download ready screen.....i took the battery and restarted it and still it stays on the download ready screen

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i dont know how to reflash my phone.
    i was told i needed to download something to do this
    i have the update downloaded onto my computer but i dont know what to do from here..

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I downloaded Mustang Downloader on my PC, but where do I find the files it needs to flash my phone? I have searched all over my computer for *.PBF and there is nothing there. I have searched Pantech's support site for the same thing and can find nothing. In the meantime, I somehow got my phone stuck in "Download Ready" mode and can't get it out. I have taken the battery out, but every time in put it back in, the Windows Mobile splash screen shows up for 1 second, then the "Download Ready" black screen takes over. Have I created an expensive paperweight of my Pantech Duo C810?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What do you mean, "Download all three stages"? I downloaded Mustang Downloader and that was all there was. (
    Which Dracorna says in the next post in this thread.)