Name: Ultimate Chess 3D

Category: Strategy Best Sellers

Publisher: Superscape
* You must first select a pricing option.
Select Pricing: $4.99 - Subscription
$10.99 - Unlimited

Application Description:
Still moving chunks of wood on cardboard? Time to upgrade to the ultimate in cybernetic strategy. Annihilate opponents with a frenzy of heart pounding battle moves, rendered in outstanding 3D against an apocalyptic backdrop of your choice. Battle online or against five levels of AI opponent. Timed mode, Pass n Play, Puzzles, Analyses, Wagering, and a foundry chock full of goodness to personalize your game. We didn’t call it Ultimate Chess for nothing! Air time required for use

*Airtime or megabyte charges apply for sending and receiving data using Get It Now, depending on your plan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available On These Handsets
Kyocera K323
LG Chocolate VX8500
LG Chocolate VX8550
LG enV VX9900
LG The V VX9800
LG Venus VX8800
LG Voyager VX10000
LG VX5300
LG VX5400
LG VX7000
LG VX8100
LG VX8300
LG VX8350
LG VX8600
LG VX8700
LG VX9400
Motorola E815
Motorola MOTO Z6c World Edition
Motorola MOTOKRZR K1m
Motorola MOTORAZR maxx Ve
Motorola MOTORAZR Z6tv
Motorola MOTORAZR2 V9m
Motorola MOTOSLVR L7c
Motorola RAZR V3c
Motorola RAZR V3c w/LBS
Motorola RAZR V3m
Motorola V325
Motorola V325i
Samsung FlipShot SCH-U900
Samsung Gleam SCH-U700
Samsung SCH-A870
Samsung SCH-A950
Samsung SCH-A970
Samsung SCH-A990
Samsung SCH-U540
Samsung SCH-U550
Samsung SCH-U620
Samsung SCH-U740
VZW CDM 8940
VZW CDM 8945
VZW G'zOne Type-S
VZW G'zOne Type-S Push to Talk
VZW G'zOne Type-V

__________________________________________________ ___

REVIEW:

Ultimate Chess 3D is a decent chess game, but in the end overpriced. Its description sounds reminiscent of Battlechess, if anyone here is old enough to remember that game; however, unlike Battlechess, you don't get to see the animated pieces all the time - the animations only appear upon taking a piece, the board itself just shows the standard chess icons for a typical chess game. The animations are pretty cool, but you'll quickly find yourself skipping them anyway. As for what's left, it's a pretty full-featured chess game with multiplayer support (which I didn't try) including pass-and-play, which sounds good for most of us who don't have the time to sit down for an entire game at once. The game also includes chess puzzles, which are taken directly from very old books of chess puzzles and are very hard if you don't look up the solution, and analyses that teach you a bit about chess strategy. Finally, there is a store called the "foundry" where you can buy various upgrades to the game like new boards, new puzzles, etc. using "gears" that you earn by winning games (either against the computer or players). I thought this feature would be really neat, but it fell short due to a noticable lack of content in the store. If they add more to the store, I'd say the application's value would increase, but as it is I can't justify giving it the highest price I've ever seen on GIN.