Thread: My current situation regarding the w580i

Device(s)
    SE W580i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

My current situation regarding the w580i

Hi, I'm new to the forums here. I recently got an SE w580i from Wal-Mart for free but after reading a plethora of reviews, I see that this particular phone tends to have lots of problems. (i.e. broken keys, broken screens, etc.)

Now I haven't broken my phone yet and I'm thinking of debranding it. The problem is that if i debrand it and my phone breaks, I'm afraid that I won't be able to send it in for repairs. What exactly should I do?

Also, my phone did not come with any memory so I was wondering if the 4GB and/or 8GB were compatible with my phone?

and if this is in the wrong thread, mods feel free to move it.
    You are now blinking and breathing manually.

Device(s)
    BB 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1. FREE!?!? I had to pay.. T_T

2. Eh, the key problem isn't too bad. I only got ONE recently (#6 Key). Thats after 5ish months of 'on and off' hardcore texting! The key works fine though..
    I don't recall reading anything about broken screens though. Hmm..

3. I debranded my W580 quite easily using one of the FINE tutorials found right here on HoFo! Search away~

4. As for memory, the phone can use 4GB and 8GB M2s. I use an 8GB.

Enjoy your phone! And welcome to HoFo!

Device(s)
    SE W580i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wow, it sounds to me like this phone is working out pretty well for you. I was hoping that the keys wouldn't break on me. I almost never used it with my last phone because I never texted and i used the phonebook for making most of my calls. Do you know if the phone has to be debranded in order for an 8GB to work? AT&T gets pretty strict with everything.