Thread: The most secure Blackberry

Feedback Score

The most secure Blackberry

What is the most secure model, carrier, and software applications available?

I read that when you surf and get email from a BES, it is encrypted. Is this encryption available to everybody or just BES users? Are there PGP type programs available for the BB? How about encrypted chat like OTR (Off the Record) which is for Macs and PC's?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8310
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Security is the same for all RIM devices. It all goes thru the RIM encrypted servers. Depending on what you are looking for, BIS is the most secure for me as devices on BES can be monitored by the BES administrator/owner.

There is nothing more secure than RIM as even our goverment uses it for everyday communications. You need not worry about any virus either as there are none to date.

I do not know what you are doing but I have always believed that if they really wanted too, anyone's conversations can be listened to. Maybe not text and email but voice is still tappable!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Robbers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ^
    Exactly! Security is the same, one BlackBerry model is not more secure than another.