Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC Touch Diamond

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Smile HTC Touch Diamond

With the Raphael thread getting cluttered up with Diamond talk, I thought I'd start a separate thread.

Anyone else getting really excited about this phone? Come on Tuesday, hurry up!

HTC Touch Diamond

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am very excited, yes. The only thing off-putting may be the battery, but we shall see.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    the now network
    Feedback Score
    if the specs are right on and it has a proper video driver im sold.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wow, I wonder if this has a keyboard or not. I don't think that the Touch Cruise sales are as good as HTC had hoped for and the release of this and the Touch Dual with US 3G, I think the Touch Cruise will suffer even more.

Personally I could care less about VGA, I think its a waste on a small screen but the 6.1, 4GB of internal memory and the accelerometer are all nice upgrades.

The back looks exactly like the Nokia Prism, which is kind of ugly in person. Otherwise is looks like the recently released HTC P3470.

Maybe it is the picture, but there is no flash what so ever on the back.
    @Maevro

Device(s)
    at&t Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Premier
    Feedback Score
    Finally HTC has released a phone with some style to it. Let's hope this is packing Manila to complement its style.

Looking at the pictures on the Raphael thread, I'm disappointed to see that HTC has opted to once again use their proprietary jack for audio. I hope that the headset symbol means they will be supplying an adapter this time. The 0.2 bump in megapixel for the camera is kind of cool, but I was kind of hoping for some kind of LED flash this time around.The last thought is the location of the speaker - it's actually in a smart location! The Kaiser's speaker was located on the back of the device, and this muffled the sound for anyone that placed their device flat on the table.

Despite the nitpicking, I'm really excited for the coming of this device. I can't wait for the announcement on Tuesday! Let's some we can greet the device with a fair price point.
    [x].0 from perfection...

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T; Digicel
    Feedback Score
    ...not yet
    PSA: karibOS is FEMALE

karibOS v6.17

lisa: "the simpsons are going to canada!" homer: "awwww, why leave America to go to america, jr.?"

Feedback Score
    no GPS, no keyboard (?) = not interested
    (unless "eGPS" is something else than I think it is )

Also it is too iphonish... if I wanted gayphone i'd buy real iphone...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DereX888
    no GPS, no keyboard (?) = not interested
    (unless "eGPS" is something else than I think it is )

Also it is too iphonish... if I wanted gayphone i'd buy real iphone...
    I really don't understand comments like this one.

Because there is no GPS and no keyboard, then the phone is gay? Not only is this a horrible comment that shows no class, you are also implying that you don't like the phone, so no one else can be excited for it?

Personally, I could care less about GPS and I like my phones not having keyboards. I am not interested in this phone but I would not criticize people who are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maevro
    I really don't understand comments like this one.

Because there is no GPS and no keyboard, then the phone is gay? Not only is this a horrible comment that shows no class, you are also implying that you don't like the phone, so no one else can be excited for it?

Personally, I could care less about GPS and I like my phones not having keyboards. I am not interested in this phone but I would not criticize people who are.

I never said *this* phone is gay :O
    Neither have I criticized *this* phone since I am *not interested* in it for the two reasons stated in very first sentence
    If it had both, its possible that I would love it - and certainly I would be one of the first ppl to buy it.

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ummmm...it does have GPS...eGPS augments the receiver.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by laurenke
    Ummmm...it does have GPS...eGPS augments the receiver.
    OK... however from what I read, "eGPS" is not "GPS".
    Seems like if you are not on their network your "eGPS" simply won't work:
    http://www.egps.net/systemworks.htm
    while "normal" GPS works always and almost anywhere on the surface of earth or sea with bad weather or high-rise buildings as the only obstacles, regardless of your phone being on the network or not.
    To i.e. hikers, boat owners, etc - it is a HUGE difference.
    /edit/
    Heck, forget mountains; even if you're just driving through highly populated areas such as i.e. Florida you might be out of luck with this "eGPS" crap:
    CLICK HERE TO SEE eGPS FLA COVERAGE MAP
    White area is where there is NO eGPS
    Blue areas is the coverage of eGPS

So (unless I'm wrong about this "eGPS" thing):
    no, it doesn't have GPS.
    It has "eGPS" (for which I say "thanks, but NO, thanks" )

Anyways, not many people need GPS in their phone or at all (and much less needs a "centimeter accuracy" as it is with eGPS wherever it has coverage) so I'm sure its not a deal breaker to most of people

/edit/
    seems like eGPS is a standard GPS + network-assisted higher accuracy (unless I'm wrong) as explained by maxh2 HERE ; in this case the white areas on the map would be simply areas without "eGPS" coverage, but still covered by "standard" GPS of course.
    Unless the phone will have "eGPS" without build-in GPS receiver - then it would still work as I said at first (getting location info from network instead of satellites); it's not clear at this moment until someone will clarify existence or non-existence of standard GPS receiver chip in this phone
    Last edited by DereX888; 05-04-2008 at 01:37 AM.

Device(s)
    nexus one
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    eGPS is better than aGPS, which is better than GPS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EGPS

Faster GPS lock times, better functioning in dense urban areas/indoors, etc...
    It's normal GPS plus more.

Here's the text from that wikipedia link. I trust them more than some company with the egps.net domain...

Enhanced GPS (or eGPS) is a technology designed for mobile phones on GSM/W-CDMA networks, to augment GPS (Global Positioning System) signals to deliver faster location fixes, lower cost implementations and reduced power and processing requirements. It is being developed by CSR who has partnered with Motorola - together they intend to create an open industry forum.

According to CSR, EGPS delivers a "universal positioning capability that will not only work reliably indoors and in zero GPS signal conditions, but greatly speed time to fix in poor GPS reception areas where most handsets are used." More specifically, it can "exploit data available from the cellular network to speed GPS fixes and provide complementary, fast, and reliable location sensing when GPS signals are weak or unavailable." CSR is hoping to add eGPS capabilities to handsets for under $1 per unit.

E-GPS combines CSR's "Matrix" technology with GPS - when a user initiates a location request they get a Matrix location instantly using cell tower information, accurate to within 100m. Then CSR's "Fine Time Aiding" helps the device know where to look for a GPS signal, to quickly acquire satellite information within seconds. Fine Time Aiding enables a more aggressive search and is claimed to be equivalent to 6 dB more sensitivity than can be achieved by any GPS hardware correlator in the terminal.

CSR claim that this enables software-only GPS solutions to operate reliably in all environments, and that eGPS is superior to Assisted GPS. EGPS technologies are due in 2008.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, LG V40 ThinQ, Google Pixel 3, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier(VZ LTE)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maxh2
    eGPS is better than aGPS, which is better than GPS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EGPS

Faster GPS lock times, better functioning in dense urban areas/indoors, etc...
    It's normal GPS plus more.

Will it work in cellular dead spots though, like good ole, regular GPS?

Device(s)
    nexus one
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2
    Will it work in non-signal areas though like good ole, regular GPS?
    From what I read on wikipedia, yes.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, LG V40 ThinQ, Google Pixel 3, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier(VZ LTE)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maxh2
    CSR claim that this enables software-only GPS solutions to operate reliably in all environments, and that eGPS is superior to Assisted GPS. EGPS technologies are due in 2008.[/I]

They claim, well, I guess we'll see. My Tilt has aGPS, and it works great, even better than some stand alone GPS units.

Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast