Thread: 5300: my daugter forgot her security code

Feedback Score

Question 5300: my daugter forgot her security code

My kiddo has a nokia 5300. she locked it with a security code and cant remember it now. I was going to re-flash it, but whenever i connect the usb cable , it says to unlock security in order to use the usb cable! ...any suggestions from anyone?.....

Feedback Score
    ^ Hi, welcome to HoFo. Besides the usual default like 12345, have you tried http://mastercode.nokiafree.org/

Device(s)
    Nokia 8800 Sirocco Edition
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've tried the master code on my Sirocco and it didn't work, not that I do anything that requires me to put in my security code but it'd be nice to have one that I actually remember..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoyer2002
    My kiddo has a nokia 5300. she locked it with a security code and cant remember it now. I was going to re-flash it, but whenever i connect the usb cable , it says to unlock security in order to use the usb cable! ...any suggestions from anyone?.....
    go 2 mobile repair shop n ask him 2 do ui settinghttp://www.howardforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=11089687#
    Clapping

Feedback Score
    thanks.....will have to do that.

Feedback Score
    Is there anysoftware for that?

Feedback Score
    got it un;locked;;;;;;;;;thanks to all

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G S (16GB black)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator HF 25
    ^ Hi, welcome to HoFo. Besides the usual default like 12345, have you tried http://mastercode.nokiafree.org/
    Sorry to bump this thread..better than starting another one though.. Anyways, I can't remember my security code for my 6500 Slide. I'm selling this phone, so I need to get this figured out... Today was the first time I even turned the Slide on in over 6 months. I could've sworn I set the same 5-digit code as I do on any other device that requires 5-digit codes.

I tried the master code generator linked above, but I still get a code error message when using it. I'm on a Mac--no Windows partition, I'm afraid. Can someone suggest what else I can do? All I want to do is re-set to factory settings so I can sell this thing!!

Device(s)
    Nokia 6500
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    got it un;locked;;;;;;;;;thanks to all

What did you do?

Feedback Score
    how did you got unlocked