Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: W755 Monster Flash File VRZ_W755_00.30.08P

Device(s)
    w755
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the heads-up nova! Now is there any way to upload files to my phone without making them locked? Or am I stuck with deleting files only when connected to my computer. Which is a minor inconvenience and I'm able to adapt to it, just don't want to if I don't have to. And to Kevin, if you read a couple posts up you can see what I used to flash my phone. Plug it in google and flash away!

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok I’m confused.
    You have to flash the phone first with this before you can use P2k commander?

Device(s)
    RIM Blackberry Storm 9500
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aRBy
    Ok I’m confused.
    You have to flash the phone first with this before you can use P2k commander?
    It is known that when you buy the phone from VZW that the brew folders are locked down. It was discovered a little while back, I believe with the z6tv, that if you flash the monster to the phone you bought, the brew locks are opened on some folders giving you access to them. That is why people are flashing the phones, to open the folders, to use p2kcommander.

My Phones Over The Years

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timothyjay2004
    It is known that when you buy the phone from VZW that the brew folders are locked down. It was discovered a little while back, I believe with the z6tv, that if you flash the monster to the phone you bought, the brew locks are opened on some folders giving you access to them. That is why people are flashing the phones, to open the folders, to use p2kcommander.
    I'm confused too. I used p2kcommander with MSU running in the background, per Mark_Venture's instructions for the RAZR2 V9. I saw a bunch of folders and was able to add ringtones and transfer pictures easily. Are there additional locked folders beyond the ones I actually saw that were unlocked? I'm a near-complete n00b when it comes to this stuff, but I think there were 3 subfolders in the brew folder...

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I thought that with the z6tv getting ringtones was easy, you could just use Bluetooth right out of the box.

So why would you need to flash the phone?

I know I was talking about the z6tv, but even with the w755 people have been saying they are getting ringtones on to their phone with out flashing so...

Device(s)
    RIM Blackberry Storm 9500
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I thought that with the z6tv getting ringtones was easy, you could just use Bluetooth right out of the box.

I know I was talking about the z6tv, but even with the w755 people have been saying they are getting ringtones on to their phone with out flashing so...
    I don't know. I don't have the w755 (nor want it) so I really can't say what is or isn't locked. I just spoke from what I've read about people flashing their new phones with the leaked monsters and having several of the brew folders that were once locked become unlocked as a result.

Device(s)
    w755
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well all I can say is that I couldn't even get into the brew folder, or even get my phone detected by p2k until I flashed mine.

Device(s)
    Razr V3m Vivo (R.I.P.)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by inamo41085
    Well all I can say is that I couldn't even get into the brew folder, or even get my phone detected by p2k until I flashed mine.
    What version of P2k are you using? I'm using 3.2.2 and I could access the brew folders without flashing. Actually its kind of wierd cuz I can also see those folders when I pair it with my pc via bluetooth.

Device(s)
    w755
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was using 3.2.6, it just might be my weird computer though. I've always had usb problems with my computer.

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by inamo41085
    I was using 3.2.6, it just might be my weird computer though. I've always had usb problems with my computer.
    Did you try the info on Mark_Venture's page for p2kcommander and the RAZR2 V9?

Device(s)
    MOTO w755
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Got it working like a charm with P2k, I'll try to make this easy:

- Get MPT latest version, should be 5.0 (buy it, torrent or whatever).
    After installing, let it check for updates and it will find version 5.07. Get it.
    Plug in your w775 as many times as necessary to get all the drivers PROPERLY installed. You should ultimately receive the "device is installed and ready to use" notification.
    MPT is good for contact management, that's about it.

- Now get RSD Lite 4.2, it should see your phone with no problem. Flash your phone using the MONSTER which you'll find on another thread here.
    Reinitialize your service (after) flashing.
    With RSD running in the bkgd, your phone connected and detected,
    open (the latest version 4.9e works for me) P2k commander and you're off and running....!

Device(s)
    Moto W755
    Feedback Score

You are Right aRBy .. I purchased a bluetooth adapter from fry's electronics the other night and I am able to see all the folders everyone has been seeing.

Device(s)
    Razr V3m Vivo (R.I.P.)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugler
    You are Right aRBy .. I purchased a bluetooth adapter from fry's electronics the other night and I am able to see all the folders everyone has been seeing.
    Are you able to write to the ringtones folder this way? I've tried with a Win XP machine and I keep getting a message that says "Server does not support this function" or something like that. In fact I don't think I can write to any folders but the ones on the memory card via bluetooth.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I still need a backup of the W755 filesystem. If anyone here can provide that, or even a list of files present on the W755, it would be much appreciated. I'm trying to figure out how this new UI works and maybe find the key to creating new themes. Thanks in advance.
    A phone is only fun when you can modify it anyway you please.

The Verizon UI....unhackable? I think not

Device(s)
    MOTO 775
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Good Afternoon!

This is my very first post on this site.

I purchased a MOTO W755 (Black) phone on Verizon wireless.

I am hopping to eventually be able to add/delete ring tones and photos by connecting it to my computer using the USB cable.

I have installed MPT and running version 5.07 have backed up all my contacts.
    (My only wish was that it would have opened up the Ring tone and Photo areas)

So far I have followed the directions here in this post and flashed the phone with Monster Flash File VRZ_W755_00.30.08P.
    That actually was easy. I used *22899 and it did its thing and it now works again. I used MPT to restore my contacts information.

Now with RSDlite running in the background and using p2kcommander 4.9.E I can see the phone!!!!

I guess I need to figure out where to find some cool ring tones and wallpaper.

Thank you all for this information!!!

If you have ideas for good ring tones (not songs), just different ringers plaese let me know) What extensions work on MOTO phones? I see .mp3 / .mid / and one .pat (funflight.pat)

Thanks
    Last edited by Old_Navy_Guy; 06-07-2008 at 06:43 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast