Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: W755 Monster Flash File VRZ_W755_00.30.08P

Device(s)
    RIM Blackberry Storm 9500
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Navy_Guy
    What extensions work on MOTO phones? I see .mp3 / .mid / and one .pat (funflight.pat)

Thanks
    For ringtones, you'd want to use either .mid or .mp3

My Phones Over The Years

Device(s)
    Samsung Facinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Mark just happens to have a "ringtone" section on his web page:

http://mark.cdmaforums.com/V710_Ringers.htm

Martian21
    GOT ROOT?

Device(s)
    MOTO w755
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Navy_Guy
    I guess I need to figure out where to find some cool ring tones and wallpaper.

If you have ideas for good ring tones (not songs), just different ringers plaese let me know) What extensions work on MOTO phones? I see .mp3 / .mid / and one .pat (funflight.pat)

Thanks
    Check out :
    http://mark.cdmaforums.com/V710_Ringers.htm
    for some interesting ringtone starters, but it's always a little more fun to make your own.
    Try Google-ing "create ringtones" and you'll see that there's simple software devoted to making them easily from your own music and/or audio files.

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR2 V9m (Telus)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have a filedump yet?

Device(s)
    Razr V3m Vivo (R.I.P.)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pistons625
    Anyone have a filedump yet?
    Getting there. It's taking a while.

Device(s)
    Razr V3m Vivo (R.I.P.)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Finally! Here are the files that I can see/access on my phone.

http://rapidshare.com/files/12105474...Files.zip.html

Feedback Score
    Hi kristoferman,

What is this file? How use it?

Thank!!!

Device(s)
    Razr V3m Vivo (R.I.P.)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin2001
    Hi kristoferman,

What is this file? How use it?

Thank!!!

It's just all the accessable files off the W755 (all that I can access anyway). A couple of people have been asking for it that don't have this phone so that they can check into stuff that I don't know about. Hack'n stuff.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you. I'll look into the files and see what is what. My hope is that those cool display themes are visible in the filesystem and can be modified.

Edit:
    The files I'm most interested in at this point for controlling themes are ui_library.bar and mainmenu_theme2.bar. The UI library file contains images that I believe are used for the additional theme files. Mainmenu_theme2.bar is a complex BREW file that will not open in the BREW Resource Editor, but given that it's 1.2 MB in size, it must contain something substantial. Even using a hex editor, I cannot figure out what's in the file, but it is definitely of interest to me. I know that these files work together to form a UI and it would be VERY interesting to see what they can do on phones such as the KRZR and newest V3m's.

Other items that can easily be changed on the W755 are the center red button for MENU, OK, SAVE etc, and that blue status bar at the bottom of the screen.
    Last edited by GuyinLACA; 06-08-2008 at 11:09 PM.
    A phone is only fun when you can modify it anyway you please.

The Verizon UI....unhackable? I think not

Device(s)
    Moto W755
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoferman
    Are you able to write to the ringtones folder this way? I've tried with a Win XP machine and I keep getting a message that says "Server does not support this function" or something like that. In fact I don't think I can write to any folders but the ones on the memory card via bluetooth.
    Sorry for the late reply,
    I am able to view but am not able to write the my_ringers folder. I did do this monster mod and now I am able to write to the folder np.

Is there any cool mods anyone has found or able todo. I was able to replace the verizon.gif file .. so now when I open the phone I can have the image of my choice on the external screen. Wondering what else I am able todo.

Thx!

Device(s)
    MOTO W755
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Auto Warranty Date

Can the Auto warranty date be re-entered into the W755 after the Monster flash has been done? If so how.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Why monster flash again?

I'm considering monster flashing my new W755, but I don't think I need to. Following Mark Venturas instructions, I easily can use P2KCommander with MSU running in the background to load ringtones. It doesn't matter to me if they're locked. I use MPT 4.5.6.a and manually choosing v9mm to transfer photos for wall paper, etc. MPT also transfers the phonebook, although it's a little sketchy.

So, can someone tell me if there's some other benefit to monster flashing the W755?
    - LMC
    --------------------------------------------
    "If we knew what we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
    - Albert Einstein

"Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get"
    - Jerry Avins

Device(s)
    MOTO 775
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ring tones and photos were the reason I flashed it. The phone works fine, but if you can do what you wanted to do then why take a chance.

Device(s)
    V3m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmc13
    I'm considering monster flashing my new W755, but I don't think I need to. Following Mark Venturas instructions, I easily can use P2KCommander with MSU running in the background to load ringtones. It doesn't matter to me if they're locked. I use MPT 4.5.6.a and manually choosing v9mm to transfer photos for wall paper, etc. MPT also transfers the phonebook, although it's a little sketchy.

So, can someone tell me if there's some other benefit to monster flashing the W755?
    I'm with you. I also used P2kCommander (version D) with MSU to load RTs and used MPT 4.56a for wall papers and photos. I didn't try using P2K for photos just yet since I didn;t have to. I also used WMP 10 to sync music to a 2 gb micro SD card. Everything works flawlessly, all without having to use the monster flash. For those that have flashed, what are the added benefits? Can you use a Moto UI with the flash?

Dave

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score

Question w755 flashing - quick noob question

just got my w755 yesterday - like the phone, not so much the slow vzw interface. i have a little experince with this - i flashed my v3m to alltel a while back (that is the way to go).

my main questions is - what exactly does a monster flash do? is it just a flash back to unprogrammed vzw firmware or what?

if i could just get a faster interface this phone would rule :-)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast