Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score

The Next N-series- N85

Mobile_Review says N85 is the next one with:

* WQVGA

* Video oriented

* replaced N96 (already?!)
    Last edited by friedbrains; 05-30-2008 at 12:57 PM.
    i use my cellphones too much, my brains are fried...

Device(s)
    Omnipotent HD
    Feedback Score
    Maybe this is what Teo is always talking about BUT WQVGA doesn't exactly sound like the high resolution that Teo has been speaking of.

Anyways, this better come out soon... I'm not wasting my upgrade on a N96 so I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Buy it. Hack it. Love it.

Device(s)
    Lumia 520
    Carrier(s)
    [at&t],
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by friedbrains
    Mobile_Review says N85 is the next one with:

* WQVGA

* Video oriented

* replaced N96 (already!)

Pictures speaks louder than words..
    "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"

Follow me on TWITTER

HOFO FEEDBACK

Device(s)
    bunch of phones
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    no pictures available yet of the actual device, except one blog that has a blurry picture of the supposed N85 box... so not worth posting, but M-R has been very reliable...

Device(s)
    Omnipotent HD
    Feedback Score
    That box image is a photoshop by Bery95 if I remember correctly.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 - Nights & Weekends
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    from what i've read it will have a better camera than the n82 and is compact still.
    N97Fanatics.com - Want to optimize your smartphone? Find tips, tricks, themes, apps, and accessories.

Device(s)
    bunch of phones
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapz

Pictures speaks louder than words..
    oh, btw would you like to see something different???

Device(s)
    Lumia 520
    Carrier(s)
    [at&t],
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by friedbrains
    no pictures available yet of the actual device, except one blog that has a blurry picture of the supposed N85 box... so not worth posting, but M-R has been very reliable...

I saw that.. That looks like a N82 box photochoped..

Device(s)
    Lumia 520
    Carrier(s)
    [at&t],
    Feedback Score
    Next phone Nokia will launch is the Nokia Touch Tube!!

Device(s)
    Omnipotent HD
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapz
    Next phone Nokia will launch is the Nokia Touch Tube!!
    Where'd you hear this?

Device(s)
    Lumia 520
    Carrier(s)
    [at&t],
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lightningjohn
    Where'd you hear this?
    http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...s60-2008.phtml

On sale by the end of the year.. So just in time to launch it..

Device(s)
    N95 / N93
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Talking about that phone for the past few months, even before I released the Tube photos and specifications

I got it together with the Tube and few other N and E series devices but without any specifications and had it just for few hours, I tried to extract some info, at least the screen resolution but unfortunately it was impossible to install anything on that device, it was early proto model , that early that cover looked like the "handmade".

However screen looks pretty good, pixel density is on the acceptable level, definitely step in the right direction but it is not the touch based phone with a large high-resolution screen like we can find on Tube.

All in all it looks like N93 successor (Next Story in Video) packed into different form factor.

Teo

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 NAM
    Carrier(s)
    Mobily
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Nokia N95-3: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN95-3/20.2.011; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

i wonder what would be the next n95 kind of phone. Dont jump to say n96. No thats not what i mean. When n95 came out it smoked every thing that was in the market even the nokias previous models. N96 is not that big jump from previous models. May be tube?
    Last edited by paracha3; 05-30-2008 at 01:52 PM.
    Speed Test using Saudi Telecom HSPA on Sierra Wireless 881U

Phones used:
    Samsung SPH-A660/VI660>Nokia 6270>Motorola Q 9h>Nokia E61i>Treo 750>Nokia N82>Samsung Omnia i900>HTC Diamond>HTC Touch Pro>Nokia N95-3>Nokia N95-4>Nokia N97 NAM-> iPhone 4

1000 posts on 7/7/08

Device(s)
    Omnipotent HD
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paracha3
    Wirelessly posted (Nokia N95-3: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN95-3/20.2.011; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

i wonder what would be the next n95 kind of phone. Dont jump to say n96. No thats not what i mean. When n95 came out it smoked every thing that was in the market even the nokias previous models. N96 is not that big jump from previous models. May be tube?
    Have you seen the supposed specs of the Tube? It's like a step backwards. The N95 8GB 'replacement' is said to be coming in April of next year.

Device(s)
    N95 / N93
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paracha3
    wonder what would be the next n95 kind of phone. Dont jump to say n96. No thats not what i mean. When n95 came out it smoked every thing that was in the market even the nokias previous models. N96 is not that big jump from previous models. May be tube?
    Two years of pointless developing? What they did? It looks like they treated N95 with some cheap Chinese steroids and therefore we got a strange mutant a hybrid between the N95 and N81!????

Do you know what you get when you try to combines the horse and donkey!????

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso

All in all it looks like N93 successor (Next Story in Video) packed into different form factor.

Teo
    What type of form-factor are talking about here?

Device(s)
    N95 / N93
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue13x
    What type of form-factor are talking about here?
    Different

Device(s)
    Lumia 800, Iphone 4
    Feedback Score
    Ah some one opened threat for this N85 seems more likely to be the next N95, but still not that advanced than N95 was in it's time. 5mpx, but better optics and larger screen with finally better screen than these current Nokia's(not much but still) and he even said that phone seemed to be ready exept some minor firmware glitches.
    In my eyes N96 has always been just a N95 with DVB-H.
    Important to note that those rumours where said by Eldar and you arent getting better info from any other than this guy in MR forums.
    If you wanna read it go to http://forum2.mobile-review.com/show...=69892&page=97 (starts from post 4811) there's stuff about those coming phones for 3-4 pages.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Feedback Score
    Different
    different is good hehehe
    Kinda tired of seeing sliders

Device(s)
    N95 / N93
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Topy
    5mpx, but better optics and larger screen with finally better screen than these current Nokia's(not much but still) and he even said that phone seemed to be ready exept some minor firmware glitches.
    Oh it is nice 2 hear that device is improved since I had it in my possession.

In my eyes N96 has always been just a N95 with DVB-H.
    N96 is crap

Important to note that those rumours where said by Eldar and you arent getting better info from any other than this guy in MR forums.
    Wait, wait, wait, what you are trying to say!? That I got info from Eldar!? You can find post on my forum where I am talking about these devices few months ago. PK, I have to admit, usually he is faster indeed but not this time, I had it in my hands few month before him, Tube, E71, E66, N85, NXX on the table in front of me, will never forget it :P

Ah some one opened threat for this N85 seems more likely to be the next N95,.
    To be completely honest with you, in hand it looks like N80 successor.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 - Nights & Weekends
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    please tell me if it does have moving parts it is more solid than the n95. will it "satisfy" the candybar lovers?

Device(s)
    Lumia 800, Iphone 4
    Feedback Score

Wait, wait, wait, what you are trying to say!? That I got info from Eldar!? You can find post on my forum where I am talking about these devices few months ago. PK, I have to admit, usually he is faster indeed but not this time, I had it in my hands few month before him, Tube, E71, E66, N85, NXX on the table in front of me, will never forget it :P
    I'm not saying that! Hopefully N85 turns out good because it sounds to be great device and seems to be something that takes step forward in N series.

Device(s)
    Lumia 520
    Carrier(s)
    [at&t],
    Feedback Score
    WoW!! You sound like your OPK's best friend..

Feedback Score
    Why exactly is N96 crap??? DVB-H, 16GB + MicroSD, FP2, faster USB transfer speeds, better design, rumored better music quality, rumored better battery performance, rumored very bright double led, all the latest apps + all the good things N95 - 3D processing (which is not really used for anything much nowadays anyway).

Show me pretty much any other phone that has all that.

Yeah, crap indeed.. NOT.

Device(s)
    Omnipotent HD
    Feedback Score
    Teo, any info on the release of this N85? Any chance it will be in the shops before october....?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't understand why nokia went with that mobile tv standard with the n96 as the big "selling point" of that phone. IMO its gambling and making a horrible all-in bet. They could have gone with so many other cooler tech features than that mobile tv standard.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    Omnipotent HD
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Viipottaja
    Why exactly is N96 crap??? DVB-H, 16GB + MicroSD, FP2, faster USB transfer speeds, better design, rumored better music quality, rumored better battery performance, rumored very bright double led, all the latest apps + all the good things N95 - 3D processing (which is not really used for anything much nowadays anyway).

Show me pretty much any other phone that has all that.

Yeah, crap indeed.. NOT.
    OK, compared to other phones it's not crap, but in the eyes of someone who has had an N95 for a good 14 months+ and has waited for the next Messiah from Nokia only to be presented with the N96... That's when it's bloody crap.

Device(s)
    n95-4
    Carrier(s)
    Att [go-phone hate contracts]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    I don't understand why nokia went with that mobile tv standard with the n96 as the big "selling point" of that phone. IMO its gambling and making a horrible all-in bet. They could have gone with so many other cooler tech features than that mobile tv standard.

considering this is the n96 selling point im assuming the us version will not have this feature because it will be ... uhhh.... useless

Device(s)
    Infuse
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nokia is stupid. Poor planning from their side. They cannot dump phones with incremental features. The should stagger high end phones(flag ship devices) atleast 1 year apart & stop the non sense with N95-1,2,3,4, N96, N82/78 BS In my view they all are same with not much difference in the features

Device(s)
    Lumia 800, Iphone 4
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    DVH-B has been a bit of Nokia's child and they have been pushing it out for some time. Especially after EU standardized it, but it's still far from being popular and i dont think it will before we get iphone like screens and cheaper prices and then we can see if it really makes it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast