View Poll Results: Do you think ATT will EVER bring 3G to Ocala?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 50.00%
  • No

1 10.00%
  • We've waited this long, what's another 100 years.

1 10.00%
  • ATT no longer cares about 3G & is moving onward to 4G LTE which will take a couple years to deploy.

3 30.00%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 3G in Ocala, FL on the horizon?

Device(s)
    VX 9800
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    i noticed I get full bars at home now instead of 1-2 so thats a good look, i also got a sms from att saying a new cell sight turnd on 2day..
    3g really needs to get here this is crazy lol

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Loso_718
    i noticed I get full bars at home now instead of 1-2 so thats a good look, i also got a sms from att saying a new cell sight turnd on 2day..
    3g really needs to get here this is crazy lol
    I'm not sure if you live out in Silver Spring Shores but I do know a new tower was just activated in that area a few weeks ago. I too am getting much better service at my home because of this.

Device(s)
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xpgeek
    I'm not sure if you live out in Silver Spring Shores but I do know a new tower was just activated in that area a few weeks ago. I too am getting much better service at my home because of this.
    No 3g for ocala until 2009.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xpgeek
    I know about the new towers but I think they may have only installed 3G equipment but not likely to activate the 3G service this year.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    VX 9800
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    im not going to die because of lack of 3g in the shores but i hate that ive been asking about 3g all year more than people asked about the iPhone and told the same answer (end of 08) now i will assume itll be mid-09 before i see that H on my phone.. if i never traveled consistantly to NY/orlando/gainesville then i wouldnt know the use of it..
    im hoping someone can prove me wrong, i wouldnt be mad at all

Feedback Score
    Any updates as far as 3G in Ocala in the near future?

Why would they not activate 3G in a market that is far more populated than Leesburg and The Villages and is located in a centralized location in Florida?

I would have expected that 3G would be activated at the very least throughout the I-75 corridor from Tampa to Gainesville a long time ago.

Device(s)
    HP Veer
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Fits You Best
    Feedback Score
    Any chance you can get a coverage shot of 34432? And if I go to an AT&T store can they access MIT there?
    More Bars in More Places.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think our good friend codered54 is MIA.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joako
    Any chance you can get a coverage shot of 34432? And if I go to an AT&T store can they access MIT there?
    Chances of that are currently slim to none, used to live in the same zip code. I have access to MTI and there are no current updates on availability anywhere near Ocala yet. Check out this link for 3G coverage: http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    HP Veer
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Fits You Best
    Feedback Score
    celluser7, the link you posted http://www2.arcwebservices.com/out/m...2290034623.png says error 404.

Quote Originally Posted by codered54
    Yeah but if you click on the sites you can see that those are GSM 850mhz cells being added, not UMTS. As of 5/30 (last time maps where updated) But anything is possible. Anyway belleview/ocala are next. Their moving from Orlando up to Gainesville.
    They are not. Gainesville already has 3G all by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by bbonline
    Any updates as far as 3G in Ocala in the near future?

Why would they not activate 3G in a market that is far more populated than Leesburg and The Villages and is located in a centralized location in Florida?

I would have expected that 3G would be activated at the very least throughout the I-75 corridor from Tampa to Gainesville a long time ago.
    I guess because most of that population is old people? I went into the Publix on highway 200 today and OMFG it was all full of old people. Ever tried to drive on 200? It's all old people driving slow in the left lane. Old people don't want fast things, if anything it will drive them away from AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by cingtd
    Chances of that are currently slim to none, used to live in the same zip code. I have access to MTI and there are no current updates on availability anywhere near Ocala yet. Check out this link for 3G coverage: http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/

I went into the Ocala AT&T store today and happened to ask and was told in May there would be 3G....

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I went into the Ocala AT&T store today and happened to ask and was told in May there would be 3G....
    Don't hold your breath, it has been speculated for more than 2 years but it would be nice to see it by then.

Device(s)
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ever tried to drive on 200? It's all old people driving slow in the left lane.
    Left lane? When can you drive out there and only have the slow drivers in the left lane? It's all 3 lanes for me, that's why I rarely go out that way.

And there will be 3g in Ocala by may.

The villages, Gainesville, Inverness, and Astor Park will all be on LTE when Ocala gets 3g.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    In my humble opinion, Ocala is getting the shaft on this. 3G keeps growing around us for some odd and strange reason. First The Villages which IS mostly retirees and now Crystal River recently had 3G turned on. What gives AT&T?

Feedback Score
    celluser7, the link you posted http://www2.arcwebservices.com/out/m...2290034623.png says error 404.
    My bad, i just got a copy of the 3G over ocala to show that there isnt any, but i guess it didnt work

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast