View Poll Results: Do you think ATT will EVER bring 3G to Ocala?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 50.00%
  • No

1 10.00%
  • We've waited this long, what's another 100 years.

1 10.00%
  • ATT no longer cares about 3G & is moving onward to 4G LTE which will take a couple years to deploy.

3 30.00%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 3G in Ocala, FL on the horizon?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xpgeek
    In my humble opinion, Ocala is getting the shaft on this. 3G keeps growing around us for some odd and strange reason. First The Villages which IS mostly retirees and now Crystal River recently had 3G turned on. What gives AT&T?
    I agree with you 100%, rumor is that in 1st quarter 2009 we might see 3G in Ocala.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    ya know, 3G is NICE especially when in the field and tetheirng a laptop, but when i hit those HSDPA towers.... man, 2.5mbps downloads... simply amazing..!!
    and Just to think that a cell phone is pulling that much data.
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

Device(s)
    VX 9800
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    ugh..march is on the way, does it mean anything if my phone suddenly drops the signal entirely from full bars to nothing?? lol im trying to be as optimistic as possible about this. so im assuming theyre testing, but maybe its just my phone

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm hearing form the folks in the local AT&T stores that it will be May now... We will never get 3g here in Ocala as it appears this economy has halted their plans to extend 3g to Ocala...

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ocala has been one of the red headed step child areas for ATT 3G expansion almost long enough for me. Believe me, I like having rollover minutes but ATT's lack of expanding their innovative technologies to the scale that Verizon and other CDMA carriers have long already done across this great country has pretty much turned me off to the company now.

I am really considering moving to Verizon since they announced the adoption of Alltel's MyCircle feature (aka Family & Friends) today which begins on 2/15. At least I know I will finally have reliable high speed data across the country and in more places than ATT not to mention at a price that is fairly comparable to ATT.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have an idea that may in the end be a moot point but here it goes... Have everyone from Ocala who wants to participate send a message to the CEO of ATT, Ralph de la Vega, and the president of ATT Mobility, Paul Roth.

Below are links to email forms that supposedly both of these members of the executive board either receive or get access to.

Ralph de la Vega: http://www.wireless.att.com/about/me...lph_de_la_vega
    Paul Roth: http://www.wireless.att.com/about/me...p?id=paul_roth

And as an added bonus, here's the link to email Senior Vice President of Customer Service, Kathleen Dowling.
    http://www.wireless.att.com/about/me...thleen_dowling

Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by xpgeek
    Below are links to email forms that supposedly both of these members of the executive board either receive or get access to.
    Good idea. I couldn't get the first link to work, but I sent a quick note to the other two. Let's hope it gets us somewhere.

Today, I came across this little tidbit in my weekly scouring of the internets for information about 3G in Ocala:

AT&T Mobility has invested nearly $725 million in its Florida network since 2006. As part of its 2009 investment, the company plans to introduce 3G service in Ocala, Panama City, St. Augustine, Palm Coast, Palatka, and Lake City and expand its 3G footprint in Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Gainesville, Daytona Beach, Cape Canaveral and Melbourne.

But it seems I've been reading this same release for about two years now. Let's hope this time, they're not lying to us.

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/cel...0801277352.htm

Device(s)
    HP Veer
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Fits You Best
    Feedback Score
    At the same time AT&T has halted new U-Verse rollouts in the past month or so... so who knows.

Kinda funny when you are in the middle-of-nowhere BFE along the turnpike there's 3G coverage but not in a populated (albeit by old people) are there isn't.
    More Bars in More Places.

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine with a Blackberry Bold in Ocala just told me for the second time, his phone switched over to 3G for a few seconds and then back to Edge. It did the same a few days ago.

I've had nothing on my Blackjack II. Anybody else experience this phenomenon?

Could be nothing...but it could be something?

Device(s)
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by laz87
    A friend of mine with a Blackberry Bold in Ocala just told me for the second time, his phone switched over to 3G for a few seconds and then back to Edge. It did the same a few days ago.

I've had nothing on my Blackjack II. Anybody else experience this phenomenon?

Could be nothing...but it could be something?
    I'm using a v400 right now so no indication, but I'll switch back to my fuze shortly. I was a little suspicious of this because I just had a network busy error on making a call, something that hasn't happened here in at least a year but is a known side effect of testing 3g.

Edit: No 3g showing up in field test mode but I'll keep my eye on it.
    Last edited by cac67; 02-19-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Feedback Score
    what i have noticed on my drive from Orlando to gainsville is i have 3g up until the lake county marion county border.. Its weird like the exact second i hit the marion county border my 3g immediately cuts off? humm
    Verizon "The New Unlimited Plan"
    AT&T Unlimited iPad Data
    AT&T 2X Mobley Connected Car UNL Plan.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey28rb
    what i have noticed on my drive from Orlando to gainsville is i have 3g up until the lake county marion county border.. Its weird like the exact second i hit the marion county border my 3g immediately cuts off? humm
    The same thing happens when you cross CR 42 when either going to or leaving The Villages. 3G coverage almost immediately across the county line. Seems very suspicious why there is a void in just this area. It's almost like Marion County is being intentionally neglected by AT&T.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    So im back from the dead with some good news. I just got a hold of some MTI maps (will post pics later) with an estimated launch of 3g/UMTS on 06/09/2009. This expansion is gonna close the gap between ocala and gainesville and go west from ocala. The hole from jacksonville to gainesville is gonna get a lot smaller. Gainesville is gonna have a big expansion outwards as well.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by codered54
    So im back from the dead with some good news. I just got a hold of some MTI maps (will post pics later) with an estimated launch of 3g/UMTS on 06/09/2009. This expansion is gonna close the gap between ocala and gainesville and go west from ocala. The hole from jacksonville to gainesville is gonna get a lot smaller. Gainesville is gonna have a big expansion outwards as well.
    Thanks codered54 and welcome back! We look forward to the screen shots.

Device(s)
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by codered54
    It just dawned on me why that date looked so familiar. That was the estimated month and day for the villages to get it turned on according to mti, 6/9/08. Unfortunately, it actually went live a month later.

So is someone going to tell me about the speedy 3g rollout when doing 1 more county to close a gap takes a full year? And aren't we in the third year of the transition now?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast