Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Motorola W755 - how to upload your own mp3 and ringtone?

Feedback Score

Motorola W755 - how to upload your own mp3 and ringtone?

Hi,

I've found out that I can upload my personal mp3 files to this phone with a USB cable and the VCast Music Manager software (downloaded free from verizon's website). No hacking or scary things necessary.

HOWEVER, I was UNABLE to upload my personal ringtones (they are actually mp3 files - but they are small files). Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    W755
    Feedback Score
    For whatever reason P2K (v4.9) isnt even detecting my w755. Same thing with MPT (v5.0.5). Is there anything that I can do to get these programs to work? I know im probably doing something wrong, I just dont know what.

Feedback Score
    Hello Power Shoes,

I loaded the latest MPT, once it was in the "unlocked" state, I used P2K to copy my .mp3 ringtones to the \a\brew\my ringtones\ directory. I didn't even have to restart the phone!

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    Also,

Mark Venture has the easyest to understand page on using the MPT..

http://mark.cdmaforums.com/MSU.htm

Device(s)
    Moto w755
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I followed Mark's instructions on two different computers with my Moto w755 with various versions of P2K and each time the P2K program crashed when I tried to read the phone directories with it. I have been unable to make it work

Feedback Score

Cool

Govikes,

Whenever this situation occurs, you first must start from the beginning to understand where the problem lies. First, check your windows device manager after hooking up your phone. Do you see the phone under modems? If so, is there a yellow circle with an exclimation? If so, you need to get the correct drivers first. If not, the next step would be to verify that you have MPT running while opening P2K. Also, check your P2K settings to make sure that you're attempting to attach to the correct device port. DO NOT try to use the motorola diagnostics port, but rather the actual phone modem port itself.

If none of these help, you really need to start a support thread with the P2K forum users.

Good Luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by govikes
    I followed Mark's instructions on two different computers with my Moto w755 with various versions of P2K and each time the P2K program crashed when I tried to read the phone directories with it. I have been unable to make it work
    First.... Don't say "P2K"... because there is P2kManager, P2kMenu Editor, P2kSEem, P2kCommander, p2k... and on and on... so its difficult to know.. when you just say.. P2K what you mean. Short hand (like saying P2kC, or P2KME... ) is ok, after you've fully qualified which P2k program you're talking about.

Next, A little more details please... EXACTLY what have you done? Exactly what happens and when?

Why do I get so picky?? Well, I people who say "I followed to a T...." yet when they type back what they did, it turns out they really missed something... (most recent example is in the LG Dare thread, where someone says they followed my instructions to a T... and put the ring tones in /brew/mod/10889 and it didn't work. Well, if they followed to a T, they would have out them in /brew/mod/10889/RINGTONE)...

Which version of P2KCommander (P2KC)? and which settings?

For the W755, as I posted, I was successful using P2kC v3.26. If using V4.x, or any version that has a check box in settings for using P2K'05 commands, is that option checked or unchecked?

Do you have ALL HELPER programs, all IM programs... everything you can close in the system tray (by the clock) exited?

Do you have MSU running in the back ground? Does it list the ESN or MEID number of your phone?

How does the phone show in device manager??

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CCI
    ...If not, the next step would be to verify that you have MPT running while opening P2K. ...
    Um, no that is not correct...

you want MSU (moto software update) running... not MPT (Moto Phone Tools)

Device(s)
    Moto w755
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Here is what I am doing with more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    First.... Don't say "P2K"... because there is P2kManager, P2kMenu Editor, P2kSEem, P2kCommander, p2k... and on and on... so its difficult to know.. when you just say.. P2K what you mean. Short hand (like saying P2kC, or P2KME... ) is ok, after you've fully qualified which P2k program you're talking about.

Next, A little more details please... EXACTLY what have you done? Exactly what happens and when?

Why do I get so picky?? Well, I people who say "I followed to a T...." yet when they type back what they did, it turns out they really missed something... (most recent example is in the LG Dare thread, where someone says they followed my instructions to a T... and put the ring tones in /brew/mod/10889 and it didn't work. Well, if they followed to a T, they would have out them in /brew/mod/10889/RINGTONE)...

Which version of P2KCommander (P2KC)? and which settings?

For the W755, as I posted, I was successful using P2kC v3.26. If using V4.x, or any version that has a check box in settings for using P2K'05 commands, is that option checked or unchecked?

Do you have ALL HELPER programs, all IM programs... everything you can close in the system tray (by the clock) exited?

Do you have MSU running in the back ground? Does it list the ESN or MEID number of your phone?

How does the phone show in device manager??
    ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
    OK, Using P2K Commander v3.2.6
    No IM's running. Closed all progs in system tray that I can. I have started MSU and shows my MEID number and has N/A for both the Model number and Operator.
    The Phone shows up in Device manager as a Motorola modem W755. Now after starting MSU I notice it now is no longer under Modems but is listed as Motorola USB device with three entries under it: Accessories Interface, Data Logging MCU Interface and Test Command Interface.

When starting P2KC, I click Options and have the following settings:
    Number of files to load: Unlimited
    P2K Tuning: Safe (slow) 3G-P2K commands (A1000, V980...)
    Select Phone Drives/Partitions: /a -all P2K phones has this /a
    Visual Effects: Fade In is checked
    Use P2K autostart is unchecked
    Check for new release online is unchecked
    I dont want Noob alerts is unchecked

I click "OK" on the options window. close P2K Commander and then restart it.
    Now after restarting P2KC, I change the left window from C:/ to "P2K Mobile Phone" and it crashes. I get the Windows message: "P2K Commander.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvienience".

That is the same with other versions of P2KC also.

After I close MSU, the phone reboots and goes back to being listed under Modems again.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks Mark for your time and effort.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    OK, Using P2K Commander v3.2.6
    No IM's running. Closed all progs in system tray that I can. I have started MSU and shows my MEID number and has N/A for both the Model number and Operator.
    The Phone shows up in Device manager as a Motorola modem W755. Now after starting MSU I notice it now is no longer under Modems but is listed as Motorola USB device with three entries under it: Accessories Interface, Data Logging MCU Interface and Test Command Interface.
    that is EXACTLY what you want to see.

When starting P2KC, I click Options and have the following settings:
    Number of files to load: Unlimited
    P2K Tuning: Safe (slow) 3G-P2K commands (A1000, V980...)
    Select Phone Drives/Partitions: /a -all P2K phones has this /a
    Visual Effects: Fade In is checked
    Use P2K autostart is unchecked
    Check for new release online is unchecked
    I dont want Noob alerts is unchecked

I click "OK" on the options window. close P2K Commander and then restart it.
    Now after restarting P2KC, I change the left window from C:/ to "P2K Mobile Phone" and it crashes. I get the Windows message: "P2K Commander.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvienience".

That is the same with other versions of P2KC also.

After I close MSU, the phone reboots and goes back to being listed under Modems again.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks Mark for your time and effort.
    There is nothing obvious. Ohter than try P2KC v3.22 or 4.9d... if you use 4.9d, you need to make sure use P2K05 commands isn't checked...

if it still crashes.. there is something about your system that P2KCommander doesn't like, and I don't know what it is.

Device(s)
    Moto w755
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Mark:
    Thanks for the help. I tried the two versions you suggested and got the same results. I am wondering what could be the problem since I have performed the steps on tow different systems and got identical results. Both running XP SP2. I even turned off my AV (Eset Nod32) and that didnt change anything.

Thanks again and I will continue to monitor for any further suggestions from you or other forum members.

Feedback Score

Its true....

I too faced the same problem like govikes...

Device(s)
    LG Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    does bitpim work

Device(s)
    Blackberry 7520
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Help

I have a sprint v9m. which I had verizon flash the phone to there software. they told me to contact sprint to get it unlocked. Can anyone point me in the right direction to unlock the phone? Sprint says they can not do it.

If I am in the wrong place for this, I apologize, Just hook me up with what I need to do or where to go to unlock the phone. If there is a software or something that can help me unlock it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast