Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Motorola W755 - how to upload your own mp3 and ringtone?

Device(s)
    Motorola W755
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would try other versions of P2KCommander. I tried almost all of them before I found one that worked. Also, remember that if you're running Vista, you will need to right click and choose "run as administrator."

Device(s)
    Motorola Z6tv
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

RE: Ringtones on W755

I don't know if you ever resolved this issue, but it sounds like (based on advice from Mark Venture) you have been following the correct procedure to be able to access the file system on your W755. For what it's worth, I have used MSU and P2kCommander ver. 4.9.E to load MP3s as ringtones on my wife's W755 successfully.

Feedback Score

Ringtones on W7555

I'm using P2KCommander 5.0.7, and can successfully upload ringtones to my W755.

here are the steps I did...

1) Plug in phone to USB
    2) Run C:\Program Files\Motorola\Software Update\msu.exe
    - you should see your MEID, Model Number (W755), and Operator listed
    3) Run C:\Program Files\p2kcommander\P2kCommander.exe
    4) Click on the Option tab to open the OPtions dialog box
    - In the Mode box, select P2k/P2k05 option
    - In the P2k Tuning box, select 'Safe....'
    - All other boxes I left unchecked
    - Click 'OK'
    5) In the right column's drop-down window, select /a P2k Phone System
    6) Click the Re-Read button (next to the previous drop-down window)
    - wait a few (~10) seconds for the files to be read
    7) Double-click on the 'a' folder
    8) Double-click on the 'brew' folder
    9) Double-click on the 'mod' folder
    10) Double-click on the 'my ringers' folder
    11) In the left file folder (pointing to your c: drive), select the ringtone you want to copy to the phone, and click on the 'copy' button (at the bottom of the right phone directory panel.
    12) You should see the new ringtone added to the list
    13) You're done!

Hope this helps!

Chris

Feedback Score
    Chris,

Thank you very much! You posted the simplest, most concise and easy to understand ringtone instructions for the W755.

Worked the first time (using PK2 ver 6.0).

The moderators should delete every other how-to post...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XB70
    Chris,

Thank you very much! You posted the simplest, most concise and easy to understand ringtone instructions for the W755.

Worked the first time (using PK2 ver 6.0).

The moderators should delete every other how-to post...
    This one has been around for a long while:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ht=w755+solved

I've been using it heavily for over a year-and-a-half with no problems.
    I had asked the moderators to make it a sticky so people wouldn't miss it but they never did.

Device(s)
    moto w755
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have found the easiest way to get ringtones to the phone is save the sound you want as a .WAV file on your PC. I have gotten files as large as 1Mb as ringtones. Then just email them to your phone (your cell number)@vzwpix.com. When your message gets to the phone, press options, scroll down to save sound, press set as, then set as ringtone. I tried the software talked about above and it did not work for me. Verizon will delete the mp3 attatchment so you cant use the mp3 format. I have chopped up songs and sound effects as ringtones. It works great.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thallium204
    I have found the easiest way to get ringtones to the phone is save the sound you want as a .WAV file on your PC. I have gotten files as large as 1Mb as ringtones. Then just email them to your phone (your cell number)@vzwpix.com. When your message gets to the phone, press options, scroll down to save sound, press set as, then set as ringtone. I tried the software talked about above and it did not work for me. Verizon will delete the mp3 attatchment so you cant use the mp3 format. I have chopped up songs and sound effects as ringtones. It works great.
    Welcome.

Search, and you will find that emailing Ringtones to phone is not reliable on VZW, which is why its not usually suggested.

Also, it will require you to have a messaging plan, or costs $.25 per message, which is why many would rather use a data cable and software from their PC.

This is a REALLY old thread.. newer versions of the software has probably come out which can make this process easier.

To be honest, for the last 14 months, I've been chasing my son around so I haven't had time to keep up.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Feedback Score
    BitPim works for loading images onto phone as it crops it for some very basic things. P2kC is the main ftp to look at files on the w755. Nothing else will even look at the phone. For my xp laptop 4.9.8 is the one that works best. P2kC needs MTU running behind scenes. It will only update once but whenever it sees your phone and identifies it, the phone will allow P2kC to connect. The interface is tricky but when you get it you can send your phone pics, ringtones, and generally access it.
    However, getting files from phone is trickier. The images arent recognized by my comp. and I didn't find my contact list so I could back it up. I'm looking into a program to extrapolate the images. But I did get my ringtones unlocked.
    Anyone know some good hacks and how to get images from phone and contact list? (I get.jpg files off phone but pc doesnt recognize them.)

Feedback Score
    Oh, and btw. Mark_Venture has got some serious blogging issues! Lol, jk. Keep up the good work! Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2