Thread: Sidekick 3 OTA Help please!

Feedback Score

Sidekick 3 OTA Help please!

Ok this month for sidekick III users, T-Mobile is basically giving the Sidekick III another small upgrade. No new features, just making the phone faster I guess.

Heres the link from the T Mobile website

http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase...ic/tm52077.htm

I have a problem although, I have never received an update before because my friend just recently gave me this phone and yesterday I got a text message saying my phone was about to be updated. I left my room for an hour to do some errands and when I got back it was in a blank gray screen and the trackball was blinking blue. Usually when it does that It means I have an unread message or a missed phone call. Usually by pressing just the Menu + Back keys I could get back to my main screen to see what it was but it wasn't letting me do that. I never received the interface that says update now or whatever like in the article i posted above. I tried everything but I was thinking maybe it is because my phone is being updated. This was all yesterday evening by the way. Its been about 15 hrs and it is still blinking blue and won't let me go to the main screen. The screen stays gray and I called T Mobile and the guy didn;t sound like he knew what he was doing because first off he said the sidekick III's were not receiving any updates this month when T Mobile clearly said they were (small update). Then I corrected him and said they were and linked him to the update page. He then realised they were and told me to wait another 12 hrs. . on the page it says the update takes like 5 minutes although and I'm thinking also I dont have the whole Sidekick plan shabang with unlimited internet and myspace/messengers. .I simply have unlimited txting and like 400 minutes i think. I'm also one of those people who constantly have to by pass the activation screen to use the sidekick by pressing menu + L since I don't have the whole sidekick plan with the internet and stuff and also I cannot access T Zones (t mobile store). I'm thinking maybe my phone is receiving the update but its not downloading it because I don't have internet but its an OTA update (over the air) so I dunno im completely lost, I've tried to power it off and it doesn't work and I do not want to risk taking out the battery and putting it back in because it may damage my phone. IF someone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Device(s)
    Samsung galaxy s4
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    if you don't have the data plan you can't get an type of ota. It sounds more of like a messed up phone.

Device(s)
    Sidekick LX
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 88gnr88
    Ok this month for sidekick III users, T-Mobile is basically giving the Sidekick III another small upgrade. No new features, just making the phone faster I guess.

Heres the link from the T Mobile website

http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase...ic/tm52077.htm

I have a problem although, I have never received an update before because my friend just recently gave me this phone and yesterday I got a text message saying my phone was about to be updated. I left my room for an hour to do some errands and when I got back it was in a blank gray screen and the trackball was blinking blue. Usually when it does that It means I have an unread message or a missed phone call. Usually by pressing just the Menu + Back keys I could get back to my main screen to see what it was but it wasn't letting me do that. I never received the interface that says update now or whatever like in the article i posted above. I tried everything but I was thinking maybe it is because my phone is being updated. This was all yesterday evening by the way. Its been about 15 hrs and it is still blinking blue and won't let me go to the main screen. The screen stays gray and I called T Mobile and the guy didn;t sound like he knew what he was doing because first off he said the sidekick III's were not receiving any updates this month when T Mobile clearly said they were (small update). Then I corrected him and said they were and linked him to the update page. He then realised they were and told me to wait another 12 hrs. . on the page it says the update takes like 5 minutes although and I'm thinking also I dont have the whole Sidekick plan shabang with unlimited internet and myspace/messengers. .I simply have unlimited txting and like 400 minutes i think. I'm also one of those people who constantly have to by pass the activation screen to use the sidekick by pressing menu + L since I don't have the whole sidekick plan with the internet and stuff and also I cannot access T Zones (t mobile store). I'm thinking maybe my phone is receiving the update but its not downloading it because I don't have internet but its an OTA update (over the air) so I dunno im completely lost, I've tried to power it off and it doesn't work and I do not want to risk taking out the battery and putting it back in because it may damage my phone. IF someone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it.
    Taking out the battery *more than likely* won't do anything but erase your current texts and emails. My 3 did stuff like that all the time and I always pull the battery after about 3 minutes because I'm too impatient and attached to my kick. It's always been fine.
    Plus, if T-Mo didn't even help you, why not?
    Team Blue