Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Java on ROKR Z6m

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruit Hell
    Just get Bitpim(instead of P2k) and set it to Phone: V3m. and Figure out which port your phones in and it works fine. I guess the filesystems of V3m and Z6m are similar enough for it to work.

Right now I'm trying to create a Alltel Z6m Filedump. My thought is that there might be a way to mix the 2 firmwares. Or more specifically have aliant firmware with some alltel files. But don't expect much. I really don't know what the hell I'm doing.

That is what i was thinking to. But dont know how to make the dump. What program would I use?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well I guess it's not a filedump. I don't even know what a filedump specifically is. But thats what they've been calling the aliant one. It's just basically a copy of the file system of the phone.
    I've been using Bitpim
    which is a little slow but gets the job done with the Phone setting set to V3m.
    I've just been making backups of every file on the phone. I figure when I'm done I'll have both the aliant and alltel file systems to use however I need. But I don't really know where to go from there. I'm no phone programming expert and don't know which Alltel files to try in the aliant firmware. Plus I'm at least 85% sure this wont work anyway.
    I'll also be away from my computer for the next 8 days so I won't be doing any playing around with my phone. If you give it a try, good luck.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think what we would need for it to work is a dump of the firmware. One for each. Take the files for alltel that make the net work and put them in the aliant fiemware. But im just guessing. Anyone Have any ideas?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well thats what I'm working on. We already have an aliant filesystem which can be found at the begging of this thread. I'm making an alltel filesystem by backing up and copying all the files from my phone using bitpim. The problem is: We need someone who knows something about phone programming/networking because I don't know which files to take from the alltel filesystem to put in the Aliant firmware. That is, which files pertain to net and and MMS. We could just play around with moving certain files but that'll be tedious and dangerous for the phone.
    Another thing I'm worried about is not knowing which files are specific to MY phone and which belong to every phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It's 4Am(No i do not sleep) and I don't have this thing done so it's not going to be up. But it's easy enough to just make your own. I won't be able to do anything with my phone for all of next week cause I'll be away from my computer. But I will have access to A computer. So I'll get on here and see if anything develops and help if anyones doing anything. Good luck

Device(s)
    MotoRokr Z6m
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I see no one has posted here in a month. I was just wondering if anyone got anything to work with java and alltel and also got the web and sms messaging working? This is the only thread ive found so far that has info about the z6m and java games.

I flashed to the Alient update and got java working but no web(like everyone else). Im trying the Bell flash now so maby that will work. I also understand maby the metro pcs will work with alltel to so ill try that one next.

Corey

Device(s)
    Samsung Delve
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I used this pgm, Moto Super Trubka, to get into the file system to change some stuff in my Alltel Rokr and it was easier than I thought. would this prgm help to make enabling java easier? How would I do it using this tool?

Device(s)
    Motorokr Z6M (dead)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel/Verizon?
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So no one knows how to get the MMS to work?

Device(s)
    Moto Rokr z6m (unbranded w/free brew)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Talking Yay java!

i got this working on my metro z6m except for internet. rsd cdma general wont copy back some settings such as my mobile ip settings. but for all who want to know: to remove apps you go into your phone (with bitpim or whatever) and edit your selector.utf file (backup first!) with notepad and change preinstalled to n, removable to y, and modifiable to y. i was able to remove everything except the movies app.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I was working on this for a while, but I've started school now and don't really have time for anything. I may resume studies when I have a chance but that doesn't mean much cause I don't know all that much about phone filesystems. What we need is someone who actually knows something about the files in the phones firmware. Without that we're just all shooting blindly in the dark.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Mobile IP setting the real problem?

I am pretty much a NOOB but if anyone has looked yet, In Motorola RSD, the Mobile IP setting cannot be wrote over the current settings. I tried to write the setting back to when i could access the web and reboot the phone (automaticly via RSD) and low and behold the settings were not saved. I believe the key to getting the web working again on Java enabled Z6ms is finding out how to permanantly change the Mobile IP settings. although i could be very very wrong.

I only believe this because after I DST MONSTER flash, and set Mobile IP to my working old file, it works. Its only until i flash again for java.

Device(s)
    Motorola V3a
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Damn. Just give up. Java on the Z6m doesn't work fully.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Agreed. I'm giving up because
    A. I've lost interest in it. It's not worth all the hassle.
    B. I don't have time anymore.
    C. We don't really stand a chance unless someone knows something about phone filesystems.

I'm sure it's possible. But it's just not worth it right now. Especially not with the knowledge we currently have.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    questions
    1)so if we are on alltel, use the bell files? how do i do a backup for alltel firmware?

2)if i have a game on access apps- what will happen to it?

3)and did someone do this using p2kcommander?

Device(s)
    Motorola ROKR Z6m (Aliant) with JAVA
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    1) a- yes, thats wat i used
    b-backuping alltel firmware isn't exactly possible. but i found a alltel monster flash for the rokr z6m somewhere, i'd love to tell you where, but it was this summer. i might repost it on megauploader. it doesn't have the mobile IP or the MMS settings, but u can get those from ur phone BEFORE you flash to Bell. somebody really should put that in the "guide/tutorial" before somebody get totally screwed over. :cough:

2) elminated. access apps is in BREW, ergo not in JAVA. it might work if we got some BREW emulators for JAVA working but i kinda broke my screen, so i can't really do any work on it...

3) yes. i used p2kcommander for all of my editing. the only way to get it to work is if you have Motorola Software Updater in the background, it recognizes your phone, and then you start it up. There are also some settings you have to change, but its in some other thread...
    Last edited by bigwilly90210; 11-08-2008 at 02:18 PM.
    you could always use a lil more fire...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast