Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Nokia 6301 java app fix?

Device(s)
    6301b
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    not sure nor did I went to check my product code was changed or not but you can only do this if you have flash programs. like phoenix or JAF

Device(s)
    BB 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (VoiceStream)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogkupo
    not sure nor did I went to check my product code was changed or not but you can only do this if you have flash programs. like phoenix or JAF
    Do you know of a site with step by step instructions how to flash the 6301? I would really like to get the phone but only if it can be modded so 3rd party aps can work on it.

thanks

Device(s)
    Nokia 6301b (RM-323)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Me too!!!

There aren't any updates available for 6301 yet, so changing the product code and updating via NSU won't de-brand it!

I've also tried and endless number of different resets; from power cycles, to in-phone resets, to every different reset that NSS offered. I sent the reset command (in NSS) and power cycled the phone after each request. The 2 user resets returned an error is NSS, so I didn't bother cycling my phone after that.

So, what software did you use to flash your phone? Did you use phoenix? Any tips so I don't "brick" my phone?

Thank You!
    - Florian

PS - when you used the 6300i image did that allow your browser to access wi-fi, or was it still restricted to UMA? (UMA is the VOIP)

Device(s)
    N91
    Feedback Score
    I heard that a new update will come out within the next two weeks, remains to be seen though.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6301b (RM-323)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    yay!

Device(s)
    Nokia 6301
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisflorian

...when you used the 6300i image did that allow your browser to access wi-fi, or was it still restricted to UMA? (UMA is the VOIP)
    I'm interested to know this too.

Device(s)
    6301b
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    well it only debrands your phone nothing more your phone is still 6301b the firmware version you see if from the ppm and mcusw is probably where the wifi function lies so unless 6300i have a newer version coming out that is higher than 5.93 then I guess there is no way we can get wifi broswing. therefore you can only use UMA if you flash that image. but you have to back it up otherwise there is no setting for you to use the UMA.

Device(s)
    BB 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (VoiceStream)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Inc.
    I heard that a new update will come out within the next two weeks, remains to be seen though.
    Update for 6301? Any details?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6301b (RM-323)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Success! My 6301b is now de-branded! Google maps, Yahoo go, and Opera Lite have been successfully tested.

Yay! I can play tribalwars on my phone now using opera lite! (http://tribalwars.net )

I used phoenix 2008 to flash my phone.

I ended up using the RM-323 images, replacing the content image with the one from the RM-322. Then I restored my setting in-phone. Now I just have have to figgure out how to get my 5-favs menu back...

note: The 6301b(US) is RM-323, while the 6301(europe) is RM-322.

Anybody have any ideas as to how I can get my 5-favs menu back?

- Florian

Key words: de-brand debrand nokia 6301 6301b
    Last edited by mynameisflorian; 08-14-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: minor clarification

Device(s)
    iphone 3g 3.0 ultrasn0wed
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    bump for an update...

Device(s)
    Nokia 6301b (RM-323)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    update on what?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6301b (RM-323)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    [Guide] De-Branding the 6301b (T-Mobile)

I don't actually use windows at home, so I had to do this at work. I'll tell you as much as I can without looking at the screens.

First, you'll need to get:
    - Phoenix 2008
    - RM-323 firmware (2 install files)
    - RM-322 firmware

Note: The 6301b(US) is RM-323, while the 6301(europe) is RM-322. The RM-323 firmware package only contains T-Mobile's locked-down version, that's why we're using the RM-322 firmware. Be careful, though -- we only want to replace the "content image" with the RM-322 version of the firmware.

CAUTION!!!
    Be very careful, this can kill your phone if you:
    - don't use the right firmware
    - replace the wrong firmware level
    - unplug your phone while changing the firmware
    - or do something else i haven't thought of yet

All the information listed below this point is potentially incorrect. Tread with extreme caution (like I did). Double check everything before flashing. Make sure phoenix detected your phone correctly by having it pull up your phone's info.

1) Backup your phone to the flash card using the phone's menus. Remove the flash card before continuing!

2) Plug in your phone and put it in pc suite mode. If the battery isn't totally charged, plug that in too.

3) Create a new USB connection in phoenix (file menu)

4) Scan for the device (file menu)

5) Go into the flashing menu and choose the option to flash your phone (i think its one of the first 2 or 3). This option won't be available until phoenix has detected your phone (see steps 3-4)

5) Click on the [...] button to load the firmware files for your phone.

6) I don't remember if it's on this screen or if you have click on a button to get to this screen, but you're looking for 3 or 4 textboxes for the various firmwares that the phone uses. They will be files on your hard drive. Change the "content image" to the firmware file for the rm-322 "content image". There will be several options. I chose the first. The other ones may have restrictions just like T-Mobile.

7) Click on refurbish to flash the phone. This took about 10 min for me.

8) Restore your backed-up settings. This will restore UMA and t-zones.

Done!

You know you've been successful if when you turn on your phone you see the Nokia logo instead of T-Mobile's.

I have not had a chance to test UMA. I presume it works since t-zones does. If someone can verify this before I get a chance to, please let me know and I'll update this post.

If anyone knows how to get the 5-favs menu-thingie back, please let me know!

Special thanks to Mogkupo for helping me figure this out! Mogkupo; you rock!

Hope this helps!
    - Florian
    Last edited by mynameisflorian; 08-16-2008 at 02:55 AM.

Device(s)
    BB 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (VoiceStream)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks man, your da man! As soon as somebody confirms the UMA working I am all over this phone.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6301
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    yeah but how did you overcame the downgrading. My RM-323 is v05.88 and RM-322 only v04.61. Thank you.

Device(s)
    6301b
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by goldschlager
    yeah but how did you overcame the downgrading. My RM-323 is v05.88 and RM-322 only v04.61. Thank you.
    the phone will stay as v5.93 if you change only the content image.(for fido 6301 phone if you want to flash 5.88 or 5.93 its up to you.)
    you stay as 5.88 if you flash with fido mcusw and ppm.
    if you have use flashing programs like phoenix or JAF you will know what we meant by just the content image.

when you flash a nokia phone there are 3 file being flash into it and they are
    (these are the t-mobile branded 5.93 firmware)
    1. rm323__05.93.mcusw <---- the main software like the OS
    2. rm323__05.93.ppm_ntm <---- the language text and other stuff
    3. rm323__05.93.image_n_tmobusa_v1 <---- user data(aka the t-mobile stuff), games , and also the restriction data.

changing just the file 3 can debrand the phone. since fido is also branded you have to get it from another firmware.

btw I have tried downgrading the ppm (the 2nd file) with fido and it works.(only the ppm) but it looks bad so I like to use the t-mobile ppm better, but if you use another lower version ones from rm-322 it will not work. I wondor does it only work with the same major packs.

the 1st file is subject to the downgrade restriction so if you even change to the fido one the phone will not work.

btw if you have java programs that it says unsupport you can unlock it by taking out the "Java TAK support" in phoenix in the "product profiles". but expect bugs when you run them though lol. so if it say does not work then you are out of luck since getting it to run would not be pretty either. therefore there is not much point on doing it.

PS what I really want to try is flashing the branded content image to other S40 phones I wondor if they will work if they have the same screen size XD
    since I think the most important part that the phone needs to use are the themes that they come with other are just datas. then none t-mobile phones nokias phone can get myfave by branding their phone haha.

Btw the UMA works if you back up your setting, since I am using it right now.
    And as for fido its the same you just need flash with the fido firmware 5.88 but with rm-322 content image.

need rm-323? go google "gsmfiles" took me 4 days to find rm-323 major pack
    hope this would help since I found this the hardest to get my hand on.
    Last edited by Mogkupo; 08-17-2008 at 01:56 AM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast