Feedback Score
    too bad it doesnt work with tmobile

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Here is the reply I've gotten from Vlingo regarding the issues we are experiencing. They are aware that several of us are having problems.

At least we know they are working on a solution and will update us when more info is available.

Hi, folks,

You are receiving this email because you recently contacted vlingo support with connection or timeout issues. Our engineering team is actively looking into this problem. Researching this issue is a time-consuming process, and unfortunately we do not yet have a solution for you. In the meantime, we wanted to share with you what we know at this point, and let you know that addressing the connection issue is a high priority for us.

A few important pieces of information:

- The connection issue appears to be quite prevalent among Pearl (8100) and Curve (8320) BlackBerry devices on the T-Mobile network. However, we are aware that there are devices that do not fall into these categories that are experiencing connection issues. Likewise, there are T-Mobile 8100 and 8320 users who are successfully using vlingo.

- Some users who cannot get vlingo to work over the mobile network do have success over WiFi. We know that this is not a permanent solution, but if you have WiFi, try turning it on. We are working to address the issue with the mobile network connection, but in the meantime, you may be able to use vlingo over WiFi.

- A few users we have heard from do not have data plans. Vlingo is network-based; you do need to have a data plan in order to use the software.

Answers to some frequently asked questions:

- Do you support T-Mobile? Yes, we do! We realize that some T-Mobile users are experiencing connection issues. We are actively working to resolve the issues so that those T-Mobile users who are currently unable to use the product can get up and running.

- Do you support OS 4.5? We do not yet support OS 4.5; we do plan to support it shortly after 4.5 is released. However, many users are successfully using the product with OS 4.5. If you are using OS 4.5 and having connection problems, bear in mind that the problems you are experiencing may be unrelated to your operating system. Although we will not explicitly test our fixes on OS 4.5 until 4.5 is publicly available, fixes we release for these connection problems may resolve your issues as well.

- Do you support users outside of the US? vlingo 1.0 is focused on the US market. However, we do have English-speaking users up and running in over 25 countries! As with OS 4.5, if you are an international user, the problems you are experiencing may be unrelated to your carrier or location and may be resolved by fixes we release.

We wish we had more complete answers for you at this point, but troubleshooting this issue and providing a robust solution for it is taking time. Rest assured that we are continuing to work hard on getting you up and running, and will keep you posted on our progress. We will send emails as we have substantive progress to report.

Thank you again for your interest in vlingo! We hope to be in touch soon with more information. You do not need to respond to this message; we will email you as we have more news or questions.

Best,

vlingo Support
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.48 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/-1)

Nice. There'll probably be a fix in the works shortly for those having issues.

Device(s)
    RIM BlackBerry 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nfl46
    wow! this thing is amazing! lol @ it having a hard time understanding my thick new orleans accent.

Being originally from NJ, it has the same problem with me. It doesn't recognize me saying certain words or contacts. It at least tries something instead of not putting anything at all though.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kionna
    too bad it doesnt work with tmobile
    Ah but it does. I'm living proof!

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    the download keeps timing out! is their server down?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, it seems like a very cool app, but didnt work all that well for me either. Plus the privacy statement didnt make me feel all the comfortable, not to mention needing to give the application access to just about EVERYTHING. I just deleted it.
    Carl

Feedback Score
    i only get the timeout error when i try to open a program that they dont normally open, there is a list in their help section

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8830 World Edition
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Works great on my bb 8830 os 4.5.0.33

Feedback Score
    fantastic app!! (8130 on VZW)

Feedback Score
    for those of you trying to get to vlingo OTA make sure you are using http://m.vlingo.com and not www.m.vlingo.... not sure if thats the problem all of you are having but might fix some of your issues.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk (T-mo)
    Feedback Score
    This program rocks. Dusted off the Curve and went back to using it full time from my Q9m on friday just for this program.
    Also loaded it up on several other peoples BB's this weekend with no issues - VzW Curve, VzW Pearl and a T-Mo Pearl.

-j-

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How did I not know about this program before????

This is awesome!!! So much better then trying not to die while texting in the car. Now if the would read the messages to you, and then let you speak a reply, that would be completely crazy.

Carrier(s)
    • Verizon Wireless •
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Before I download...has anybody been using this with the 4.5.0.81 on their Curve?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sadly I have never even tried this prog on my Bold.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast