Thread: Upsell a customer a rate plan? Do we get commission?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Question Upsell a customer a rate plan? Do we get commission?

Anyone know if we get commission for upselling a rateplan without a upgrade?
    Seems like this is all over roccs now.

So do we get paid for it? Or is it a waste of time? I've never seen mycomp
    report commission on just changing a rate plan

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    when i was there we didnt get paid on priceplan upgrades.
    we now have a federal government who's only self acknowledged limitation is whatever it can get away with. - Judge Andrew Napolitano

I believe the best social program is a JOB - Ronald Regan

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've yet to see anyone get paid..I'm just a bit annoyed cause this is all i see now..and
    why should I waste my time?

I could see if i was going to add early nights and weekends but majorty are anytime
    minute overages before 7

Feedback Score
    You get paid more if you up the rate plan into a higher tier just before you upgrade the line.

Device(s)
    After trying many phones, the one phone that is worthy of this spot is the 6620!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ATnt-RSC
    You get paid more if you up the rate plan into a higher tier just before you upgrade the line.
    I've talked to the comp team and they said that as long as the rate plan is changed the same day you do the upgrade you will be paid on the new plans rate. They said the system basically takes a snap shot of the account and compares it to the day before.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8300
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Ive never gotten commission off of just moving a cust up in a rate plan. If anything, I try and offer those folks the early nite and weekends so i at least get something out of it. Works great with single lines, but a little harder sell on the family talk. The thing that gets me is most of the ROCCS are offering the EXACT same rate plan that they already are on.

Device(s)
    Motorola Z9
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    And if you make that guy come back to you when it's his time to upgrade, you'll make a better commission on upgrading a $99 unlimited plan rather than lets say a $59.99 plan.

Feedback Score
    ^Right. Although it doesn't matter if he goes from 79.99 to the unlimted, just because of how the tiers are setup.

Device(s)
    Propel
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    you make nothing for just changing a rate plan.
    but you get paid more for upgrading a higher plan then a lower plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrantC
    Ive never gotten commission off of just moving a cust up in a rate plan. If anything, I try and offer those folks the early nite and weekends so i at least get something out of it. Works great with single lines, but a little harder sell on the family talk. The thing that gets me is most of the ROCCS are offering the EXACT same rate plan that they already are on.

ROCCS usually shows rate plans when customers are enrolled in combined billing and are not taking adavantage of the UNITY plans

Device(s)
    Motorola Z9
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    ^Right. Although it doesn't matter if he goes from 79.99 to the unlimted, just because of how the tiers are setup.
    You are correct, that's why i used the $59.99 rate plan as my example

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You get nothing for bumping someone up. But if you do and the person has been on the plan for less thank 6 months, well then you have just charged back whoever the rep before you that put them on that plan. If you are doing an upgrade, then the diff. tiers will help you.

Device(s)
    Loving my Bold!
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    All true. However, if you're an agent and you activated the customer's line, and you're getting a residual based on MRC, then there will be a bit more money to be made through that route. That said, as an employee, you're not likely to see any of it.

However, of greater importance to an employee is the fact that if you bump up a customer to a 79.99 or higher rate plan, the customer's upgrade eligibility moves up by 9 months, and you just might have an upgrade opportunity on your hands.