Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Phone
    Nokia E71-2 + Jabra BT8010
    Carrier
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adisor19
    I am still gonna get it but i will cancel the contract on the spot and insert my old SIM in there and use it with my existing plan + the 30$/300MB add on. It's still cheaper compared to their 60$ iPhone RAPE plan.

Adi
    you can't do that. if you cancel the contract within 30 days or so, you will have to return it. and then pay ECF. hardly worth the trouble or the money.

was never gonna get one anyways, regardless of how rogers/fido priced it. but that $30/300mb is looking good and making me consider getting a new unlocked 3G phone.
    17.50 EPP Fido
    200 Weekday
    UL evenings and weekends starting at 5
    $10 value pack (2500 txt, CID, VM)
    $10 credit/month
    + tax

Phone
    Motorola V635
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I'm only going to get it if I can keep my $50 unlimited data plan. If not, screw em!

Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diyhosting
    I'm only going to get it if I can keep my $50 unlimited data plan. If not, screw em!
    How I envy you.. I had that option for a while, but canceled it because I wasn't use it much at the time. Now I'd kill to be able to add that option.

Phone
    iphone (FIDO)
    Carrier
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    supposed i canceled the phone within the first 5 days because i "lost" it and at the same time realized i didnt like it...

what then?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ailanchristophr
    supposed i canceled the phone within the first 5 days because i "lost" it and at the same time realized i didnt like it...

what then?
    Precisely ! Ya, you will pay the ECF and so will i and i'll use the "lost" iPhone with my old SIM card containing my classic NON contract F2F + the freshly added 30$/300MB data plan. Robbers will NOT get me on a contract for 3 years with those sad excuses of plans. And mark my words, as soon as the next wireless carrier is OUT there, i'll switch in a second. Robers is the cancer killing Fido.

Adi

Phone
    Samsung i616
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    GL using the 'lost' idea. Fido dosen't cover the cost of any lost HS making you eligiable to pay, plus as for the agreement, yeah it will be gone, but then you have a locked phone that's tracked through the IMEI for every call and data transfer. Use it on another line, and Fido can see it. The IMEI will also be mandatory for all reps to put into the account upon activation and is easily retriveable.

The PP's are by no standards what we all hoped for, but think of the phone itself, including the possibilities of SDK app's and what the general public can create. I'll be getting one myself, yeah, horrid price. Min total payments if no overage is done using the $60 plan, SAF + 911, $15 iPhone value package over the 3 year cycle = $3578.98. (also incl cost of iPhone all together)

Oh, and just as an FYI. City fido CANNOT be used in conjunction with the iPhone purchase, upon activation rep's have to select a price plan with the '3y' tag in the code..... guess what, city fido is a 2y. Therefore CF = not-eligiable. Have fun .

Phone
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I'm on the $30 BB Connect value pack with a couples plan supplying the voice minutes that I share with my wife. Dropping the ridiculously low 3MB of BB data for 400MB of 'open' data, getting my own 150min (instead of sharing 100min), all for about $10/month more than what we're paying for my line right now isn't that bad! Maybe I've found a use for my Fido Dollars!

Carrier
    Robbers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ailanchristophr

what then?
    They would still know your using it because they've been starting to lock EMEI's recently.

Rocking an Rooted EVO 3D and a Raider (for now)
    1Ga - Gone to car heaven. Now rolling on a Galant GSX
    ca.dsm.org

Carrier
    Telus $70/20GB (with family discount)
    Feedback Score

Toronto

Not only will I not be getting an iPhone, but I'll be actively discouraging anyone who asks from getting one as well.

The $30/300MB plan seems not so bad for a NAM E71, but gets too expensive once you add call display, voicemail and SMS.

I'll stick to my $18/12MB value pack for now, and download YouTube to my phone at home via WiFi and Mobitubia...
    My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Phone
    Nokia 6301
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Seriously, I just about pooped my pants laughing when I read the press release

Phone
    Razor V3C
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by adisor19
    I am still gonna get it but i will cancel the contract on the spot and insert my old SIM in there and use it with my existing plan + the 30$/300MB add on. It's still cheaper compared to their 60$ iPhone RAPE plan.

Adi
    Can buy it on a prepaid credit card (using an anon. name)?
    then cancel? would you pass the credit check?
    Mississauga is Canada's 6th largest city and no one has ever heard of it. Maybe we need an NHL team to put us on the map!

Phone
    iphone
    Carrier
    fido
    Feedback Score
    I'll be buying an old iphone and unlocking it for fido and use there new data plans, kinda odd that its a better deal to do that. I don't need gps in a phone and 3g doesnt help with email anyways, wifi is readily available all over if i really need something on the go that edge can't handle.
    Good ××××ing luck
    twitter: gthompson75

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    The only way I will ever get an Iphone is if I am able to keep my classic city fido plan, which I highly doubt they will allow, so then NO way will I give it up for a lame o Iphone.

TG

Phone
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by telus_guy
    The only way I will ever get an Iphone is if I am able to keep my classic city fido plan, which I highly doubt they will allow, so then NO way will I give it up for a lame o Iphone.

TG
    Agreed
    Go here to participate in changing Canada's Digital Future! http://de-en.gc.ca/home/

Canada's Net Neutrality Petition http://www.saveournet.ca/

Dissolve the CRTC! http://dissolvethecrtc.ca/

Phone
    Sony Ericsson T616
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    no love for iphone! rogers plan is a joke.
    Flippin Fido

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast