Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Bans All Smartphones, PDAs from SERO Plans

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    well its the same thing that we dont get why instinct HAS to be on SEP. Sprint is deciding for us what they think we need and are becoming greedy

maybe it comes down to they arent making enough money off SERO people, in their opinion, to make it worth keeping them anymore with their new found narcissism that theyre a top tier carrier somehow.

maybe a few SERO users are abusing texts,data, etc just like a slim few datacard users causing the 5gb cap and a deal with it or leave mentality.

There could be a lot of possibilities why. Personally id bet on sheer greed and being too big for their britches.

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint together with AT&T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They wont make money off SERO users, if they had the instinct activated on them, so i can see why it could happen

same thing with iPhone plans being enforced, they require expensive plans

Getting an instinct on SERO is less profitable for sprint, and being a mess that its already in, Sprint wont allow that, and i would support that to keep the company afloat

Sprint, dont you have anymore love left for us?

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    ahh but then comes the theory is the customer responsible to cover the butt of the company who put themselves there. i dont believe its our job to pay more on a plan we were legitimately offered to counter sprint's poor business decisions. Thats their own fault and problem not mine to keep them afloat.

i feel no desire to pay double to keep a poorly run company afloat because they cant pull their heads out of their butts. If I have to id much rather invest in a company going somewhere who provides good CS and other intangables for the price, not fixing their business f-ups

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Sero site is now down. I think it may be overloaded by everyone trying to squeak their orders in before the offer ends

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23
    ahh but then comes the theory is the customer responsible to cover the butt of the company who put themselves there. i dont believe its our job to pay more on a plan we were legitimately offered to counter sprint's poor business decisions. Thats their own fault and problem not mine to keep them afloat.
    i would support the company to stay afloat, but not with my money

imagine all that gas money

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NightShades
    Sero site is now down. I think it may be overloaded by everyone trying to squeak their orders in before the offer ends
    i can still get in, and im browsing right now

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, iPhone 6s, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon, Ting
    Feedback Score
    well its the same thing that we dont get why instinct HAS to be on SEP. Sprint is deciding for us what they think we need and are becoming greedy

maybe it comes down to they arent making enough money off SERO people, in their opinion, to make it worth keeping them anymore with their new found narcissism that theyre a top tier carrier somehow.

maybe a few SERO users are abusing texts,data, etc just like a slim few datacard users causing the 5gb cap and a deal with it or leave mentality.

There could be a lot of possibilities why. Personally id bet on sheer greed and being too big for their britches.
    Y'know, this is a corporation we're talking about, not a girl at the prom who won't dance with you.

SERO is a program to get people to evangelize about Sprint. It's aimed at the hard-core geeks who read the discussion boards and will jump through hoops to get cheap service, and who will say to the iPhone true believers "Well, I have unlimited high-speed data here. Well, I have unlimited text. Well, I'm only paying $30 a month.

The Instinct is a high-demand phone that sells itself. Sprint doesn't need to use SERO to lure people in to buy the Instinct, they're flying off the shelves with a $99 plan. So why should Sprint allow it on SERO or cheaper plans? They don't need to.

Do you think that Toyota is arrogant and greedy and narcissistic because they won't sell you a Prius with 0% financing? Why should they? They don't need to, to sell them. This is business. Sprint and Toyota are in the business of selling stuff, and they price it to get it to sell. If they can't sell something they lower the price (SERO), if they can sell something they raise the price to what the market will bear (Instinct and Prius).

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    personally i couldnt care less about the instinct/sero because i think the instinct is a POS, but thats my personal opinion id never buy one.

the whole point was to present examples that the precedent has already been set for sprint to make such bold moves and restrict phones to certain plans where sprint maximizes profit. Forcing people off SERO isnt exactly going to accomplish their goal of having happy customers who boast about Sprint...

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEBSmith

SERO is a program to get people to evangelize about Sprint. It's aimed at the hard-core geeks who read the discussion boards and will jump through hoops to get cheap service, and who will say to the iPhone true believers "Well, I have unlimited high-speed data here. Well, I have unlimited text. Well, I'm only paying $30 a month.

I love your post

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    The one that works best for me.
    Feedback Score
    The free ride is over folks, and what a better time to clean house then now.

The company is still at rock bottom, and can't get any worse for them.

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    they werent exactly high and mighty when they made SERO public either though. I fail to think SERO is unprofitable. The pay people to sit there and crunch numbers and do stats. they didnt one day say "hey lets release this
    totally awesome plan for cheap but we may lose money on it- lets just wing it!"

They knew they were profiting, just less. they should have simply never offered it to entice people if they had no intention to follow through.

Its a clear bait and switch situation, even more so then other accusations of such on this forum

Feedback Score
    I was a Sprint evangelist telling people about my SERO plan if the cancel SERO this will be the opposite.

I guess no one at Sprint remembers PR 101 that 1 Angry customer can do you more BAD, than 1,000 Happy customers will do you good.

They are probably ready for the backlash with some clever PR press release saying how they are doing this to be leaner and meaner and getting rid of abusers. And how they still have the best plans.

and the Instinct is a huge POS can't believe people go for that phone.
    Last edited by Wolverine!; 07-02-2008 at 10:50 AM. Reason: new

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZ
    Feedback Score

Its a clear bait and switch situation, even more so then other accusations of such on this forum
    Hold on a minute - have they kicked anyone off other than the Instict users? How can you call it bait and switch until they no longer honor your contract or change your terms while inside a contract?

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    well this is hypothetically IF were discussing

Feedback Score
    IF they are kicking off Instinct users after they were on SERO, this much has been confirmed. So then rumors started to spread that since Instinct users were getting kicked off SERO than other might get kicked off too. Since Sprint refused to allow the Instinct on SERO plan rumors spread that no PDA or PPC device were gonna be allowed on SERO.

So far people have signed up for SERO with PPC and PDA as of yesterday.

Also confirmed is that a few people have been getting stripped of their Perks and Discounts this much is confirmed.

Yeah someone with a family plan getting 15% off loyalty 10% off courtesy and 20% off work related discounts and a few $5 off monthly recuring credits is gonna get whacked.

Before any of this started last week or 2 weeks I called and asked about getting a Treo 800 and 2 weeks ago I was told that in order for Me to get a Treo 800 I would have to switch plans period.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast