Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: New data plan $30 for 6 GIGS

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fidodude
    I had the $30/6GB added to CityFido iPhone today at the Eaton Centre. CS said it wasn't possible, but thankfully a knowledgeable Fido Rep was standing right beside me in the Fido store told the lady on the phone that it WAS possible. I'm surfing without worry.

It seems like some CSs are simply not educated - if they have a problem, tell them to look at the press release - it says it right there!
    On what type of phone?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarrenbool
    But how do you get an activation for a grey phone in the first case?

It seems to be a case of: "You can get the 6GB on a grey phone once it is activate but you can't activate it because it's a grey phone."

How were you able to get your grey n82 activated?
    I asked to have the plan added, they didnt ask anything about the type of phone I had. They entered it without issue. I havent used a Fido branded phone in 3 years. They dont have to put your IMEI number in (assuming you already have an active account).

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I got the this plan just now.

The rep said unlocked phone ok, and almost said that I don't need to have 3 yr data contract, but then he was told by someone and still asked me to make 3 yr commitment(contract) on the data plan. So I did. I hope I won't be stuck with this contract when the unlimited data plan comes out eventually.

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-3 & 8Gig micro SDHC card.
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (woof woof) [ROGERS]
    Feedback Score
    Teh sux.

I called in to get the 6Gig plan, and the lass on the other end had to spend 10 minutes looking up the information for the plan. She then proceded to tell me that I would be on the hook for a 500$ ECF, instead of the 100$ DECF that I explained to her. Also, she wanted the IMEI of a Fido iPhone, Jack, or Q to add that to my account.

I asked her why is Rogers letting grey-market and other devices on the plan, and she proceded to tell me that "Fido and Rogers are two seperate companies". I remarked to her that I liked to take a walk each morning, and that there is a Rogers Plus store not far from my house, and that I think I still have a Rogers SIM somewhere. She tried to transfer me to Customer Relations, but failed. I had to call the direct number.

Customer Relations asked me what my phone was, I said that I had a Nokia 6030b. They asked how I was going to use data on that phone. I told them that I am a masochist. They said okay, but still wanted to have a IMEI from a Fido Jack, Q, or iPhone, and offered for me to get up onto a contract to get such a device. In tune with my masochistic use of the Nokia 6030b, I asked if they still had any Nokia E62's left. They didn't.

I ended up hanging up unsattisfied, and wondering if there are any Rogers dealers in Ottawa that would want to help me out.

Meh. Dunno what to do now. I really want the 6Gigs of data for 30$, but I don't want to/can't afford to buy one of their tainted devices. Nor do I want to sign a contract (Data contract with DECF of 100$ is alright, just not the general contract with the galactic sized ECF.), even though that will still cost me to get a compatable device. I love my Nokia n95-3.

Edited for clarity.

Device(s)
    Cingular 8525(Data), Sammy A736(Voice) SOLD SE S500I(Voice), SOLD-Nokia 6300, Q9H, RAZR2 V9
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    So I tried the 6 gig / 30$ package, and called to cancel it this morning, decided that it's not essential for me

I got 2 lines

1) voice
    2) unlimited data

the 6 gig data was added to 1).

this morning i call to cancel he says fine, I am removing it, I am like, before you remove it, can you tell me which line are you removing it on..he is like line #2, i'm like wtf.. didnt I tell you to remove it on line #1?????? he is like...oh yes sorry....(he was removing my unlimited data plan :S)

so he removes the 6 gig data on #1 and tells me its all good, I get home and see that my line #2 (unlimited data) doesn't work anymore.....

man man man......

So I call back directly to customer relations and ask to verify if he removed the unlimited data by mistake...he tells me he only blocked it...phewww
    So he removes the block and removes the 6 gig data on #1, which the previous rep didnt even do!
    ===================================
    My blog: http://www.justgeeky.com
    My site: http://www.facilityhost.com
    Free Image Hosting: http://www.imageupload.ca
    My feedback

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    Haha you're all just getting bad reps again. I got the 6 gig plan instantly when I called back and got someone competent, and no you need not give them any IMEI or anything. It's just a normal data access plan with two restrictions ONLY:

1) It must be paired with a voice plan
    2) It only comes as a three year version, not month to month.

If you add it and remove it you'll be liable for the DECF. No big deal. Besides, I don't see why anyone would remove it LOL.

FIDO $60/10GB + 5 hours unlimited data
    WIND $15 AITF unlimited data (10GB full speed)

All my posts are my own opinion only and not necessarily that of any of my employers, past or present.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    i got the $30/6GB option, but how does it work if I use the data in the states?? what are the extra charges?

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, HTC Amaze
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Fido
    Haha you're all just getting bad reps again. I got the 6 gig plan instantly when I called back and got someone competent, and no you need not give them any IMEI or anything. It's just a normal data access plan with two restrictions ONLY:

1) It must be paired with a voice plan
    2) It only comes as a three year version, not month to month.

If you add it and remove it you'll be liable for the DECF. No big deal. Besides, I don't see why anyone would remove it LOL.
    So, the data plan isn't IMEI locked? I got it added to my account yesterday with no problems, and all I've got are unlocked phones...

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 645Ci
    i got the $30/6GB option, but how does it work if I use the data in the states?? what are the extra charges?
    You'd have to be crazy to use ANY data plans in the states. Don't do it!

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 NAM
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO!
    Feedback Score
    For those of you who are having trouble adding this plan on a grey market phone.. one piece of advice... KEEPING TRYING until you got a CSR who knows what hey are doing. Luckly I got a very good CSR on my first atempt and added the plan to my City Fido with no problem at all.. Was never asked what my IMEI was.. She even explain all the details.

- 3 yr contract is a must
    - she even calaculated my data amount for this pro-rated period, I have 5 days til my billing cycle so once I check my bill online 5 days from now, all the mysteries behind "GREY PHONE and tethering" will be answered as I have been testing all the feature since yesterday.
    - early cancellation of this data plan will be a penalty of $5 per month for the duration of the months left (as per the CSR)

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spender
    So, the data plan isn't IMEI locked? I got it added to my account yesterday with no problems, and all I've got are unlocked phones...
    No such thing as imei locked data plans on Fido/Rogers. Please don't confuse the $7 WAP option with a DATA plan. Cheers.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by N|KO
    So I tried the 6 gig / 30$ package, and called to cancel it this morning, decided that it's not essential for me

I got 2 lines

1) voice
    2) unlimited data

the 6 gig data was added to 1).

this morning i call to cancel he says fine, I am removing it, I am like, before you remove it, can you tell me which line are you removing it on..he is like line #2, i'm like wtf.. didnt I tell you to remove it on line #1?????? he is like...oh yes sorry....(he was removing my unlimited data plan :S)

so he removes the 6 gig data on #1 and tells me its all good, I get home and see that my line #2 (unlimited data) doesn't work anymore.....

man man man......

So I call back directly to customer relations and ask to verify if he removed the unlimited data by mistake...he tells me he only blocked it...phewww
    So he removes the block and removes the 6 gig data on #1, which the previous rep didnt even do!
    1) There is no penalty if you cancel after one day? How about if say you cancel after a week?

2) Do you find you're not using data at all with the iPhone? Or area you just switching to the other plan?
    $60 Fido 10 GB Pulse plan with $5 Value Pack (December 2017 Holideal)

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 NAM
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eug
    1) There is no penalty if you cancel after one day? How about if say you cancel after a week?

2) Do you find you're not using data at all with the iPhone? Or area you just switching to the other plan?
    You have 15 days to cancel

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Fido
    You'd have to be crazy to use ANY data plans in the states. Don't do it!

i guess whenever i am down in the states, i should disable 3G then?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Is that possible? I'm looking at getting an iPhone, but need to be able to guarantee 3G deactivation while roaming into the States (which I do now and then). I'd rather not just turn off the phone while down there...

Is there a software switch that can be flipped for this? A password that can be removed from the configuration? Something?

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast