Thread: Iphone 3g Just got the White Screen of Death

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g 16gb
    Feedback Score

Iphone 3g Just got the White Screen of Death

Okay,
    so I may be the first person who has experienced this so far. for some reason after a conversation on my phone, it would not go back to the home screen. the home button was essentially useless. not finding a reset button i turned the phone on and off using the top button but always getting the same end result...no home screen.
    then i realized that if you hit the top sleep button and the home button, the phone will soft reset, well instead i just got the dreaded white screen of death, the white screen that reminds you the abov all else the iphone is no more than a machine.....finally after trying to soft reset again, it went back and everything is "normal". has anyone else had this problem? is there any other way to survive it?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Pressing the home and sleep buttons simultaneously on an iPhone 3G will trigger the screenshot option, not soft-reset your phone. This causes the screen to flash white to indicate that it took a picture of your screen. But it sounded like your home screen was stuck or lagging, hence the stuck white screen after the screenshot was taken.

Device(s)
    Droid Razr Maxx, iPhone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon|AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno10
    Pressing the home and sleep buttons simultaneously on an iPhone 3G will trigger the screenshot option, not soft-reset your phone. This causes the screen to flash white to indicate that it took a picture of your screen. But it sounded like your home screen was stuck or lagging, hence the stuck white screen after the screenshot was taken.
    Actually holding the down the home and sleep button simultaneously for 15-20 seconds does soft reset the device, I make it a habit to do it every day or so because it seems to run smoother. Like you stated a quick press of them does take a screen shot.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g 16gb
    Feedback Score
    okay so what ya'll are saying is that i should not worry about it?

Device(s)
    Current: 8gb iPhone 3G, N95-4 8gb, Nokia E71, Original Blackjack with WM6.1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Um, well if its still a white screen than I would be worried... If its working now than no...
    Take over one of my AT&T lines that have unlimited iPhone data plan. Contract is up June 2012. PM me if interested.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g 16gb
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by odnerd
    Um, well if its still a white screen than I would be worried... If its working now than no...
    yea, it is working now, actually does seem to be a tad quicker even. maybe it just needed to get sick, get it all out, and then feel better. i am going to go to apple today and buy those overlay screen protectors.....hopefully they will not be as hard to put on as they were for the tilt, and i will mention it to them there.
    i bought the apple care protection...now i am glad i did.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ok so I did the hard reset and it just pops up the white screen! damn why on christmas and I reserve the genius bar until 3 days later - argh I need my iphone!

anyone had any success with reseting the iphone back to normal? I cant seem to get it to work. so far I have only found home and sleep button together to do a hard reset but that doesnt seem to work for me

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Try a DFU restore. If that doesn't help you'll have to take it to the store for a replacement.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.