Thread: Hex Edited _ms_db_ file on Shine TU720 = Brick.

Feedback Score

Exclamation Hex Edited _ms_db_ file on Shine TU720 = Brick.

Hi Everyone,
    I bricked my friends brand new LG Shine TU720 following the instructions in the previous post. He had just purchased the phone 4 hours earlier and he's not very happy with me.
    (http://cowsonfire.com/cell/howtoGamesCU720.html)
    I would advise that I followed the instructions very carefully and everything worked fine until this morning when his phone wouldn't turn on.
    Now I don't know what to do about the bricked phone.
    Should he take it back? What should he say to explain why the phone is not working?
    Can we fix it?
    Also the games were really sweet while it was working, we turned the phone off last night and turned it back on and it still worked fine; but this morning it wouldn't power on.

When we get a new phone, how would we go about putting downloaded games onto the phone without bricking it? Is there a safe no bricking possible method?
    It worked fine I believe to replace the demos, I think it was when I tried to add more games to the games list using the 101 Editor. Is this the general consensus?
    What is the safest method? I doubt he will even let me hook the phone up to my computer again if we get it replaced, unless people can verify that replacing the demos is safe, and it was the hex editing of the _ms_db_ file with the template in 010editor to add more games that bricked it.

I am interested in hearing answers to any and all of these questions,
    Thanks for reading, and please reply!

(These are games retrieved from an old phone)
    - MiLO83

Feedback Score
    Ok there is no edit post button.

THE PHONE IS NOT BRICKED.
    MY FRIEND CAME HOME TODAY AND I WAS READY TO GET TOLD OFF, HE SAID HIS PHONE WAS WORKING FINE AND ALL HE DID WAS PLUG IT INTO THE USB ON MY COMPUTER AND IT STARTED AND WORKS GREAT.

I am so sorry for any confusion this may have caused. The tutorial I followed works fine infact great and this was a case of the phone not booting and then me being seperated from the phone all day. Great way to make a first impression eh?
    Again turns out the tutorial works GREAT and the phone is awesome loaded with games.

Sorry to all,
    Thanks for reading and understanding,
    - MiLO83