Thread: Hard to believe - Great fido customer service

Device(s)
    K850
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Hard to believe - Great fido customer service

I asked them if i could swap my 8gb Iphone for the 16gb because i don't think its big enough. Without any hesitation she said no problem. They will send me the new phone (Sometime After August 1st btw... thats when the next batch are coming) and i just have to send the old one back. Easy as can be.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    no price increase?!

Device(s)
    K850
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    sorry... yes of course. I guess it works for them to get another 100 bucks out of me.

Device(s)
    Samsung GALAXY Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Doing an exchange within the 15 days is not a problem, its a simple form that needs to be filled out. Its outside that period where it becomes a headache.

tyryce - of course there will be a price increase to match the larger phone.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    This is just standard...we'll see how long it takes you to receive the new one since its back ordered...

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    the only thing non-standard about his experience was his lack of reporting a price difference. Hence my question.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I've actually never had an issue with Fido. Whether it's dealing with regular CSR or retention or whomever. Always been a treat. Just a heads up on the iPhone swap, if the 8gb was charged to your account, you're going to have to wait 1-2 months before the charge is removed. Fido doesn't charge you the balance, they're going to charge you for the 16gb as well, and only remove the 8gb once they receive it back from you and process it on their "back end" which took about 2 months last time I did a swap.

EDIT: Make sure you hang on to the tracking number when you send it back...

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zahir
    ...you're going to have to wait 1-2 months before the charge is removed. Fido doesn't charge you the balance, they're going to charge you for the 16gb as well, and only remove the 8gb once they receive it back from you and process it on their "back end" which took about 2 months last time I did a swap.

EDIT: Make sure you hang on to the tracking number when you send it back...
    And Fido doesn't normally "return" your money. Instead, it credits your account -- subtracts your monthly service charges until the credited amount runs out.

My experience was, I ordered 2 phones at discounted price after signing a contract. My wife and I didn't like the phones so we ordered a replacement. Fido billed us full price for the replacement phones and did adjustments after they received the phones that we returned. I asked if they can cut me a check for the credited amount but they gave me a run around until I gave up. For more than a year we didn't have to pay our monthly usages!
    kaka