Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: fixed iphone calendar sync to outlook

Feedback Score

fixed iphone calendar sync to outlook

I'm running outlook 2003, windows xp and was having the problem of calendar events entered into my iphone were not showing up in the day/week/month view in outlook and I think I have it fixed now. When new appointments are entered into the iphone they're set as repeating in outlook but with no data which screws the view up. What I've been successful with trying today is opening the event on the iphone, setting it as recurring daily and then ending the recurrence on the same day of the event. Once I do this the appointments all show up in outlook in all views.

Hope this helps.

Someone else try this and let me know.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Worked for me as well....thanks!!!

It's a great work-around until Apple can get this fixed up.

Feedback Score
    did events from your calendar transfer to your iphone when you did your first sync? I can't even get my calendar to sync at all, I had to manually enter all of my calendar dates. I have spend over 8 hrs trying to figure it out and finally gave up. I had restored my phone, new firmware, reinstalled itunes, upgraded to Outlook 2007 and countless other things. One thing that does annoy me about the calendar is the most advanced notice you can give yourself on the iphone about an event is setting the alert for 2 days. I used to set the alerts for birthdays for 2 weeks on my old device to remind me I needed to get a gift and other arrangments if necessary.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wookiee2cu
    did events from your calendar transfer to your iphone when you did your first sync? I can't even get my calendar to sync at all, I had to manually enter all of my calendar dates. I have spend over 8 hrs trying to figure it out and finally gave up. I had restored my phone, new firmware, reinstalled itunes, upgraded to Outlook 2007 and countless other things. One thing that does annoy me about the calendar is the most advanced notice you can give yourself on the iphone about an event is setting the alert for 2 days. I used to set the alerts for birthdays for 2 weeks on my old device to remind me I needed to get a gift and other arrangments if necessary.
    My calendar was syncing fine except for events entered on the iphone not showing on the day/week/month view in outlook.

Feedback Score
    It worked for me, too!! Events were transferring computer to phone, but not phone to computer. Thanks SO much for the tip!

Feedback Score

Angry IPHONE SyNC after upgrade

After upgrading iphone and itunes software (and now 8 hours on support with apple) - deleting - reloading - NEW entrys in either My laptop (outlook 2007) calendar OR my iphone calendar - will not transfer to the other location. Old events look ok.

any other ideas? Also - has anyone found a way to have only ONE calendar again? (I don't need the complications of a HOME and work calendar)

thanks

crazed over this mess in GA

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, there is another version of this bug that hits appointments that are entered originally into Outlook, not on the phone. Still no fix for that version

Device(s)
    Sony Erricson w600i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    My situation is: Outlook 2003, itunes 7.7 with Iphone firmware 2.0

Calendar items created on the iPhone do not display in outlook when you are in Day/Week/Month view. You can see the items in Advanced find and when the view is in All Appointments view.

As COShooter said if you change them to recurring appointments they do show up. Remove recurring status and they disappear from Day/Week/Month view again.

Definitely a bug somewhere that's setting a status on calendar items.

Workarounds till Apple fixes the problem:
    1) Leave items as recurring for that day so they appear
    2) Re-create the appointments in Outlook from a new appt item (copying the appointment doesn't work - it'll hide itself again)
    3) Use All appointments or another text-based display mode for calendar items till it's fixed.

(I've noticed that if a hidden item as a reminder alarm and the alarm is ringing the item is hidden. Dismiss the alarm, and the event appears till you change the view in outlook and then it disappears again)

Let's hope it's fixed in the 2.0.1 firmware I've heard rumors about <sigh>

There's other discussions of workarounds here:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=7610273

which is basically automating the delete and recreate appt item in outlook fix I just outlined, the only side effect/drawback is you're loosing all the recurring appt info when you do it...which is a PITA problem for many.

David Troesch

Device(s)
    Iphone, Droid and Windows Mobile Phones
    Feedback Score
    Why is it that the Iphone has a great email and great web surfing experience, look and feel and the Calendar app is so cheesy and crappy looking. The Calendar function is next to worthless, when using exchange. When Accepting invitations on the iphone, they sometimes do not appear on the exchange calendar. Problems creating calendar items on the iphone. Isn't one of the Main reasons to carry pda is the use of the calendar function? Why didn't Apple include the Calendar API in the Aplle Iphone SDK?

It really would be nice if it had a real week view, and application like SPB Mobile Diary or Pocket Informant...

Basically, I can't use the calendar function except to view it, and viewing options sux.

Feedback Score
    The work around worked great to start with - all the appointments starting appearing in Outlook but now they are disappearing from the iPhone!

They had better get this sorted quick, it's so frustrating!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1
    Why is it that the Iphone has a great email and great web surfing experience, look and feel and the Calendar app is so cheesy and crappy looking. The Calendar function is next to worthless, when using exchange. When Accepting invitations on the iphone, they sometimes do not appear on the exchange calendar. Problems creating calendar items on the iphone.
    I suppose the look of the Calendar app is up to personal preference. I think it's loads better than WinMo 6 that I was using before. Also, I haven't had the problems with appointments that you describe -- when you accept invitations do they not appear at all or do they just take a while to show up on your Outlook? What problems do you have when creating a calendar entry?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by COshooter
    I'm running outlook 2003, windows xp and was having the problem of calendar events entered into my iphone were not showing up in the day/week/month view in outlook and I think I have it fixed now. When new appointments are entered into the iphone they're set as repeating in outlook but with no data which screws the view up. What I've been successful with trying today is opening the event on the iphone, setting it as recurring daily and then ending the recurrence on the same day of the event. Once I do this the appointments all show up in outlook in all views.

Hope this helps.

Someone else try this and let me know.
    Your fix works for me when I make the change to iphone appointments, but I can't remember all the appointments I created on the iphone that I now need to make this change to in order to get them to show up in Outlook. Is there any way to search or filter for them? By the way, the old iphone created apptments DO show up in Outlook Today, and in the "Active Appointments" view, if this provides any clue to why this is happening.

Feedback Score

questions from a novice

I am going to try this in the AM - a little 'gun shy' since I spent so many hours on this last week

1 - you change the re-occurance on the Iphone - and THEN when you sync'd - events showed up correctly in both places?

2 - I am having issues with OUTLOOK (new) events not transferring to IPHONE too - did you have this issue? Did this also solve that?

RSVP - many thanks. You may be my technology hero!

Feedback Score
    Worked for me too. I lost a lot of time ove rthe weekend trying to figure this out. The records got transferred to Outlook 2003 during the sync but were not visible. They could be located using "advanced search" proving that the record was transferred but it would not display!! Thanks for this workaround. Can't believe that Apple missed this in thier regressoin testing of the iPhone 2.0 system!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Thanks I'll try that.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast