Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: 3G Tethering is Up and Running !!!! (jailbreak required)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toymachine2009 View Post
    you got a pirated copy of it and also shouldn't be admitting to that on here as it results in an immediate ban.
    so you are saying that if i admitted to having a "pirated" copy of MyWi here on HowardForums that i will be banned…???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huaner
    iPhone 3GS (32GB)US$305.60, don't miss this hot deal:http://is.gd/ecZfUG
    ahh..?? Wrong thread man… Might wana move it b4 the mods get to you...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coorey View Post
    I'm using PDAnet, prefer it over MyWi.
    Me too, especially after MiWi wanted another $10 "Upgrade" fee a while back. It works flawlessly, and i think it's faster and more stable than MiWi also.

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by melman101 View Post
    Good post. I won't jailbreak my 3G, but good post. :-)
    There are many ways to jailbreak your iphone. You can go by Downloading Jailbreak app and simply following its instructions you can jailbreak it or you can go with the store and they will help you to jailbreak it.

Feedback Score
    I've found TetherMe to be the best choice if you plan on using data tethering. It forcefully enables the native Personal Hotspot functionality (or Internet Tethering functionality in <iOS 4.2.5). I've found PDANet inconsistent in speed (although it does work fine for basic things) and MyWi to be WAY too buggy, and not worth paying for.

The only reason I would get MyWi is if I needed to use my iPhone as a WiFi adapter for my PC/Mac, as it has the ability to bridge USB to the iPhone's WiFi network, something I've found to be very useful for older systems I have laying around.

Feedback Score
    I would recommend making this a permanent sticky.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    My 4S is jailbroke and I have been using MiWi for tethering to my iPad when I'm at the cabin. Just this week I have received a text message, email and now a letter stating my service needs an upgrade for tethering. If I don't upgrade they will automatically change my plan and lose my unlimited iPhone data plan. Is there a way to hide this from AT&T? I have the latest iPad.

Feedback Score
    very good post thanks for this

Feedback Score
    i still have Netshare (I got it before they took out of the app store) using it right now in fact. Has anyone been hit with any massive bills?
    Very cool

Feedback Score
    If you check OLAM, what does it say the usage is being recognized as? Phone? wap.cingular?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12