Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score

So how long does your battery last?

I can't stand the battery life on this phone, its the only thing that really gets to me.

I have the brightness to the lowest, 3g, bluetooth off. listen to music about 2 hours a day, talk on it for 10 mins, text alot....and that drains my battery almost fully.

Thats rediculous.

What are you guys experiencing with the battery life?

Phones of the Past

Mitsubishi G310, Nokia 3390, Nokia 8390, SE T200, VTech A700, Nokia 7210, Motorola V70, SE T630, SE K700, SE K750, Motorola V635, SE T237, SE W550, Nokia N80, SE W810, LG KG800, SE K610, Nokia N95, Motorola KRZR K1, Nokia E61i, Nokia 6300, iPhone 3G, Nokia E71, Motorola V3, BlackBerry 8900, LG Xenon, BlackBerry 9700, iPhone 3GS (to be continued )

Phone
    Nexus S
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    for me it hasnt been the greatest.. i dont do too much talking on it, but have an exchange account thats set on push, and a gmail account fetching every 15 mins.. so data gets used on 3G quite a bit. i'd say in the first week i charge after a day or day and a half..

disappointing in a way compared to when i had the 1st gen iphone. could go 3-4 days without charging, but of course theres much more data activity and a 3G chipset in this phone using more power

Feedback Score
    My settings are pretty maxed and 3g is on. I listen to music 4hrs+ a day and the occasoional show/movie on the way home from work and lots of surfing on the web. I take it off charge at 4.30am and it's virtually dead by 8pm. Not too bad cos i use it constantly, but of course could be waaaaay better

Feedback Score
    I get almost a full day... but I am going to get a backup battery... I don't want to run out after dinner... I'm getting about 4.5 hours of mixed usage...

Phone
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeResident
    I can't stand the battery life on this phone, its the only thing that really gets to me.

I have the brightness to the lowest, 3g, bluetooth off. listen to music about 2 hours a day, talk on it for 10 mins, text alot....and that drains my battery almost fully.

Thats rediculous.

What are you guys experiencing with the battery life?
    Turn off WiFi.

I have:

3G on
    Fetch 30min
    Location on
    Bluetooth off
    WiFi off
    Auto Bright on
    Auto lock 2min

Lasts all day doing alot of everything.

Turn off 3G if things get critical.
    Go here to participate in changing Canada's Digital Future! http://de-en.gc.ca/home/

Canada's Net Neutrality Petition http://www.saveournet.ca/

Dissolve the CRTC! http://dissolvethecrtc.ca/

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I keep 3G off unless I need it.
    Wifi off.
    Bluetooth on occasionally.
    Listen to music.
    Watch a bit of video.
    Play some games.
    A few short calls.

End of the day, more than 1/2 remaining.

Usage reset on me today, keeps doing it randomly even though I'm not installing anything, so that's annoying. I'd like to see the meter keep track of usage accurately.. not a stupid '-'.

Phone
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless (I know but what other choice do I have?)
    Feedback Score
    3g on
    Brightness set to 40% and auto adjust
    Bluetooth off
    Wi-fi on
    Push Email from MobileMe On
    approx 3 hours (iPod, youtube, games, 3g, wi-fi, very little voice. i'm an email kinda guy) usage 6 hours standby Battery @ ~50%

My charging habbits:
    Always Plug it in when I am at work, car, home at my computer (even if it has a full charge)
    Remove it when I am not near my charger, lunch, sitting on the couch

Phone
    iPhone 8
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have 3G turned off today

but I charge my phone until 730am every day, and use it from time to time (usually browsing with 3G turned one), view a few Youtube videos and listen to the iPod, the iPhone has only 25% battery left by 430PM
    Man gets hit by Brick Phone! Ouch!

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Looks like most people can get about a day's worth with full usage...the people who get 2-3 days standby must have all connections turned off and the screen at 10% with no email or data setup...

Phone
    BB 8900
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I last charged it Monday evening... used intermittently for texting, phoning, surfing, iPod, goofing around... 3G off, push off, bluetooth off, wireless on and sometimes connected

it looks like it's going to die sometime this afternoon

Phone
    Iphone 3G
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    so since i don't like opening new threads, I looked at the older ones see if some of my question were already answered or not. I found this thread regarding battery life and found some interesting posts in it:

Quote Originally Posted by superd2
    I get almost a full day... but I am going to get a backup battery... I don't want to run out after dinner... I'm getting about 4.5 hours of mixed usage...
    is that even possible for Iphone. If so how? I'd love to have a back up battery.

Quote Originally Posted by MadGoat
    My charging habbits:
    Always Plug it in when I am at work, car, home at my computer (even if it has a full charge)
    Remove it when I am not near my charger, lunch, sitting on the couch

Now I know that if you do this to a laptop battery (lithium ion) you'd kill it. Is this an ok practise for the iphone battery?

Phone
    iPhone 5C
    Feedback Score
    The only time I have had it below 50% was when I was using wifi and in a poor 3g coverage area. So I keep wifi dissabled unless I need it, wifi seems to be a huge power hog compared to using edge or 3g.

Over all it seems to be at least 4-5 times better than my 6700 ever was.

Phone
    Nexus S
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrzyCanuck72
    I last charged it Monday evening... used intermittently for texting, phoning, surfing, iPod, goofing around... 3G off, push off, bluetooth off, wireless on and sometimes connected

it looks like it's going to die sometime this afternoon
    That's interesting.. Similar I guess to the way I used my 1st gen iPhone but it got 3-4 days of casual use without a charge. And I left wifi on always. Of course it only uses power when there is an AP in range and the phone isn't in sleep.. Guess that makes a big difference win using 3G, push and fetch.. Uses more power and is always running on the phone.

Edit: I wonder how long this battery is going to last with it getting charged every day... I notice it charges pretty quickly, wonder if it's good that it sits plugged in overnight

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Turn of the location service if its on, then you will truly see an increase in battery life.

Phone
    Motorola V600
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by profets
    Guess that makes a big difference win using 3G, push and fetch.. Uses more power and is always running on the phone.
    3G is great in terms of speed but the current chipsets are a huge power drain, setting the phone to edge can have a big effect on battery life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast