vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcadas View Post
    Manitoba EPP... I'm drooling. Haha

Attachment 158124
    Just got the 20GB plan through my EPP
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Koodo: $40/8GB w/ 1000 International Minutes
    Telus: $60/15GB+1GB Bonus Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Device(s)
    SGH-I747M
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I activated a new line and ported my number to Rogers since they had a corporate discount and an account credit when opening a new line and I traded in my S7 to get the S9 which I like and I tried them for 15 days but the coverage at my work is no good, at lunch time the data speeds are so slow you can't even load the facebook or instagram feeds and that is while the phone says it has LTE+ signal. I wanted to return the phone and get my S7 back but the rep told me I can't get my S7 back once its given away, its gone. So I thought ok well I will give them some more time and see if it's still the same issue. Called Rogers and they reset the cell signal and also had me reset network settings and factory reset the phone and nothing changed.

They gave me an account credit when I ported my line to them but if I port out, will I loose this credit? Will I have to pay the whole phone subsidy or just the subsidy minus the port in credit?

I have attached the speedtest results, you can see by the timestamp that the network is a lot slower approaching lunch time.

Name:  speedtest.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  38.7 KB
    Last edited by johnnyh55; 06-27-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    just a question, for the new EPP corporate plans where you need a paystub and to receive an email at your company email for hardware upgrades. has rogers made any ammendments to their policy for people who are on maternity or parental leave who temporarily do not get a paystub from their employer (mat leave paystub comes from service canada silly) and can not receive emails from their employer while theyre on parental leave? employers usually block access to company email when your on maternity leave and for security reasons too. it looks like Rogers missed the boat on this one and completely forgot to include a clause for people who fall under this policy? thanks to that my wife LEFT ROGERS, she could not get a hardware upgrade and was not willing to wait 3 months for a phone, she needed the phone right now, and when we escalated to a supervisor, the supervisor told us blatantly "Absolutely not" so this sucks, but guess what? people who have corporate plans have babies and go on mat leave its a reality, and guess waht? during the mat leave they may break their phone or need a hardware upgrade and your stinking policy does not allow it? what kind of company is this?

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Maybe you could get a letter on company letterhead to confirm your wife's employment and that would suffice? Does she retain her corporate email address while on leave? If not, maybe get her supervisor to get the email for the token verification? Just some thoughts...

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyh55 View Post
    I activated a new line and ported my number to Rogers since they had a corporate discount and an account credit when opening a new line and I traded in my S7 to get the S9 which I like and I tried them for 15 days but the coverage at my work is no good, at lunch time the data speeds are so slow you can't even load the facebook or instagram feeds and that is while the phone says it has LTE+ signal. I wanted to return the phone and get my S7 back but the rep told me I can't get my S7 back once its given away, its gone. So I thought ok well I will give them some more time and see if it's still the same issue. Called Rogers and they reset the cell signal and also had me reset network settings and factory reset the phone and nothing changed.

They gave me an account credit when I ported my line to them but if I port out, will I loose this credit? Will I have to pay the whole phone subsidy or just the subsidy minus the port in credit?

I have attached the speedtest results, you can see by the timestamp that the network is a lot slower approaching lunch time.

Name:  speedtest.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  38.7 KB
    You are not alone. There was a thread on Rogers customer website with many people experiencing no data or unusably slow despite signal showing LTE+. Interestingly, when signal shows LTE but without the "+", data works fine. This was for the S8, surprised it still hasn't been addressed in the S9. Some people reported that Rogers would send them another S8 but some still had the same issue. After repeated tries, eventually Rogers would send a Note 8 which seems to not have this problem.

I had the issue & ported to Koodo. It doesn't happen as often, but still does happen. So the problem seems to be with a certain batch of Samsung phones, not necessarily the network. Quite disappointing as I feel otherwise, the S8 was the best phone of 2017, for my needs.
    Contact me for your real estate needs! www.johnpham.ca

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SheeB View Post
    Maybe you could get a letter on company letterhead to confirm your wife's employment and that would suffice? Does she retain her corporate email address while on leave? If not, maybe get her supervisor to get the email for the token verification? Just some thoughts...
    its too late :| we already ported out and switched to another carrier. I also verified that because she is now on a regular consumer postpaid plan, when she is due for a renewal, she can just go into a store and do a hardware upgrade without all this extra mumbo jumbo requirements, this is exactly what she wanted. no extra checks, no emails, no paystubs, no green chairs, no penguins, just a phone and a decent provider

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Rogers' coverage in Toronto especially in North York just sucks. It used to be good but kept on declining since 2012.... reason why I transferred my Corp plan to Telus. I get lots of drop calls and barely get 10MBPS download speed unless I'm standing at the corner of yonge and Sheppard. I get 200mbps with Telus, Virgin, Bell, Koodo at the same spot and in my condo.

Now moved to Calgary and Rogers still suck here.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    It used to be good but kept on declining since 2012.... reason why I transferred my Corp plan to Telus.
    It's funny you mention this. I have 2 lines with Rogers, getting the "whooping" 30% off each Share Everything plan.

Wife's line is now due for renewal, felt obligated to call Rogers, and what a waste of 25 minutes of my time that was!

Ported to Telus corporate plan as things simply have to be better.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Just got the 20GB plan through my EPP
    which company offers 20gb? I know it is Rogers. I meant which company do you work for?>
    how much per month

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Anyone get any Kijiji plans with the corporate 30% discount added to the MB plans for Rogers?

I have been considering getting a line, considering it is so much cheaper than any carrier in ON.
    are you currently using a MB number? or your own local number from ONtario?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcadas View Post
    Manitoba EPP... I'm drooling. Haha

Attachment 158124
    how did you get that? I only see 15gb max.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by canifz View Post
    are you currently using a MB number? or your own local number from ONtario?
    I'm on Telus, got my 30% corp discount on a MB Plan and ON #. Have had it for 2 years now. No issues.

I know lately that Telus has been very vigilant with regards to these deals and are blocking anyone that tries to do it.

As for Rogers, they do not allow you to port in any out of province number. So if you are ok with a MB #, go ahead and get on one of these.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Corporate threads free for all: All corporate thread posts here

I’ll ask in here as well but has anyone had any luck negotiating with retentions since Freedom has their regular plan of $50 for 10gigs?
    Will retentions give anything better, match or just tell you to switch networks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fuelled by rice

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by racerboy88 View Post
    I’ll ask in here as well but has anyone had any luck negotiating with retentions since Freedom has their regular plan of $50 for 10gigs?
    Will retentions give anything better, match or just tell you to switch networks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Port out, then play winback.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Port out, then play winback.
    Let the games begin...

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90