Thread: Tether Blackberry to Mac Pro on Rogers

Device(s)
    Blackberry9000,White,HTC Hero,HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    rogers
    Feedback Score

Question Tether Blackberry to Mac Pro on Rogers

I have been trying to tether Mac book Pro with BB 8300 on Rogers, has anyone had any success with this on Rogers if so what did they use for profile.
    thanks

Device(s)
    BB 9700 v6.0.0.344 | BB 9300 v6.0.0.344
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paulx
    I have been trying to tether Mac book Pro with BB 8300 on Rogers, has anyone had any success with this on Rogers if so what did they use for profile.
    thanks
    +1

I was trying to figure how to thether my Pearl to my Macbook, but no luck so far.

I've seen a few sites that show you how to tether on your macbook, but no luck with any of those.
    $17.50 Rogers Wireless Insider EPP
    -200 Daytime Minutes
    -Early Evening @ 6PM
    -Unlimited Evening/Weekend

$25 BB VP (-$5 Monthly Credit)

Grand Total: $56.44

Device(s)
    Black iPhone 3G 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...em-laptop.html

Follow the instuctions on that page and you should be fine. You will need to set it up in System Pref -> Network and select Bluetooth. Enter the info provided on the guide page in the PPP tab. Click on the Bluetooth Modem tab and change the modem to WWAN Support and uncheck "Enable error correction and compression in modem". If the password provided on the guide page doesn't work, use your 10 digit cell number.

I'm using 10.4 but it should be fine in leopard as I know a few people that have got it to work.